Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

You can now gift certificates/FNs directly on the website (NO TRADE REQUESTS/OFFERS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You can now gift certificates/FNs directly on the website (NO TRADE REQUESTS/OFFERS)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

The Mods have revived this thread, for the purpose of discussing the mechanics of how this feature works.

Note: No offers for trades or offers of coupons should be made here - that is for Coupon Connection.

Coupon Connection can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

Note that you must have 180+ days on FlyerTalk and 180+ posts in order to request access to Coupon Connection. For technical issues and meta-discussion on these requirements please refer to this public thread in the tech support forum: The Coupon Connection and related issues (master thread)

This is also _not_ the place to discuss how many people you think were using GoH before/will do so now, etc.

Last edited by Zorak; Jan 8, 2024 at 3:05 am
Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:21 pm

You can now gift your certificates/FNs directly on the website

Saw this on another forum, they must have just added it today:

Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by divinebaboon

Can we exchange these Club Awards for the 2k Next Stay ones? Or anything?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Can we exchange these Club Awards for the 2k Next Stay ones? Or anything?
No.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
No.
Damn, stuck with these until 2025. I guess I can always use them for fun.

I know Hyatt Regency Tulsa has a Club Lounge and offers breakfast, they generally give access to Globs to the lounge since the offerings are just snack bars and a small assortment of NA drinks along with coffee. Their club lounge is probably the lowest on the totem pole I’ve seen, but if I’m not using a TSU why not apply one there.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by divinebaboon
I got a little excited when I saw the “Redeem” button under my Suite Upgrade Awards. And then I clicked it and saw the button is just a shortcut to dial the customer service line and you can’t actually redeem these yourself online.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:21 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I got a little excited when I saw the “Redeem” button under my Suite Upgrade Awards. And then I clicked it and saw the button is just a shortcut to dial the customer service line and you can’t actually redeem these yourself online.
this should be available when Hyatt switches to the Sabre system.

New reservation system for Hyatt - switching to Sabre
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:06 pm

It’ll be interesting (for Hyatt) to see how many of these changes hand in the first 24 hours .
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
I am so glad to finally be able to gift the Club Access Awards. At least someone can use them now.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
I am so glad to finally be able to gift the Club Access Awards. At least someone can use them now.
Any rules on this? (Other than obvious/expected don't sell/barter.) Can I gift these to anyone for use on any reservation? Presumably needs to be a Hyatt member who booked direct? Does it matter cash vs award?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Any rules on this? (Other than obvious/expected don't sell/barter.) Can I gift these to anyone for use on any reservation? Presumably needs to be a Hyatt member who booked direct? Does it matter cash vs award?
As far as I can tell, they just have to have a WOH number, so could simply join, and a last name--then we transfer. On one of my groups, people are giving them away to others, as people do with UA Plus Points, etc. I have offered mine on FB to my friends since I travel solo and am Globalist and expect to remain so.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

privacy implications?

If I give one of my Club Access Awards to someone, what information does the recipient get about me? If someone gives a GoH award to me, what information about the donor do I see? Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serpens
If I give one of my Club Access Awards to someone, what information does the recipient get about me? If someone gives a GoH award to me, what information about the donor do I see? Thanks.
If Hyatt is serious about cutting down on abuse here, they'll give full name at least. And I think they're serious.

But with a Club Access award, since there are tons out there, maybe just try one to a different email address and report back?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by serpens
I just tried it with P2 account, and it shows nothing about me on their account, just the award itself. Didn't receive any kind of email about the gifted award either. Not sure if that's just super delayed or coming later as updated functionality.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I wonder if I gift a Club Access award to someone staying a property where the club is closed, will they get full breakfast in the restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.