Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Kuala Lumpur Bukit Jalil REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond

Hyatt Place Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Jalil Celebrates Official Opening
CHICAGO (September 28, 2023)

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124421

250-room Hyatt Place hotel opens in Bukit Jalil, a new business hub in Kuala Lumpur

Pavilion Bukit Jalil mall is next door as well as Bukit Jalil Recreational Park.

Has anybody stayed yet? I'd like to see some photos of the gym.
I'll explore this new property soon as an alternative to the Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur for shopping / exercising and I'll post some photos.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by goodgirl
Hyatt Place Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Jalil Celebrates Official Opening
CHICAGO (September 28, 2023)

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124421

250-room Hyatt Place hotel opens in Bukit Jalil, a new business hub in Kuala Lumpur

Pavilion Bukit Jalil mall is next door as well as Bukit Jalil Recreational Park.

Has anybody stayed yet? I'd like to see some photos of the gym.
I'll explore this new property soon as an alternative to the Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur for shopping / exercising and I'll post some photos.
The location is pretty terrible vs Grand Hyatt. You're better off staying at the Alila or Hyatt House Mont Kiara at similar rates and a quicker journey to KLCC.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
The location is pretty terrible vs Grand Hyatt. You're better off staying at the Alila or Hyatt House Mont Kiara at similar rates and a quicker journey to KLCC.
My reasoning for trying out this Hyatt place vs staying at the Grand Hyatt or other properties in KL:

- Pavillion Bukit Jalil mall next door (no need to ever go to KLCC)
- Park for running next door (I want to be able to walk out of the hotel and have a park right there. Found the park at KLCC too small and busy. Hyatt House Mont Kiara and Alila, I am not sure there is a park for running.)
- Cheap rate of $66 USD / night
- Brand new property just opened. I like it if rooms are modern and in immaculate condition.
- Have already stayed at the Grand Hyatt before, granted I wasn't globalist back then, but wasn't too impressed, room very worn, breakfast a zoo etc.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

My reasoning for trying out this Hyatt place vs staying at the Grand Hyatt or other properties in KL:

- Park for running next door (I want to be able to walk out of the hotel and have a park right there. Found the park at KLCC too small and busy. Hyatt House Mont Kiara and Alila, I am not sure there is a park for running.)
- Brand new property just opened. I like it if rooms are modern and in immaculate condition.
- Have already stayed at the Grand Hyatt before, granted I wasn't globalist back then, but wasn't too impressed, room very worn, breakfast a zoo etc.
Different strokes for different folks then. Please do post pictures of KL's newest Hyatt and enjoy your stay.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I'm also interested in trying out this hotel. Assuming that it's brand new, I'm even more tempted to try. What's the closest MRT or Monorail station nearby?

How many Pavilion malls are there? I thought there was one and it was massive. This doesn't seem like the one that I remembered.

The award rate starts at 5,000 points. Worth it? It's the same as Alila.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt Place Bukit Jalil Review

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Bukit Jalil in late December 2023. It is a Category 1 property that has only been open for three months. The location served me well and I did not see a need to go to KLCC. I found everything I needed around the Hyatt Place Bukit Jalil especially at the Pavilion Bukit Jalil Mall right outside of the hotel.

A grab ride (economy option) from KLIA 2 cost MYR 62.30 (~13.56 USD). There is a promo code you can apply when booking a Grab ride from the airport. Make sure to add it, it will come up in the app and is also written on the wall around the Grab pickup area. The trip to the Hyatt place Bukit Jalil took around 50 minutes. You don’t need cash if you have a payment method saved in the Grab app.

The hotel is right next to Pavilion Bukit Jalil mall.

The Bukit Jalil Recreational Park is also close by however there is no official entrance when coming from the Hyatt Place. You’d have to walk for 20 mins all around the park to the opposite side which is not practical as prior visitors would have agreed, therefore there is a way to get into the park that involves climbing up a slope. The park itself is not terribly attractive and considering the humid climate, I ended up using the hotel gym only.

There is currently a construction site next to the Hyatt Place and even on the 15th floor there is a bit of noise at times. I don’t know how bad it would be on lower floors though.

Photos:
Spoiler

Things to know for WoH Globalists

There are no globalist room upgrades. The hotel does have some rooms with balconies but you won’t be upgraded to one as a globalist. If you want it, book it.
I booked a regular King room and what I did get was high floor (15) and what they consider to be their best view, the Pavilion Bukit Jalil Mall. Illuminated at night it is a nice view.

I was able to check in early, around noon and check out late at 4 pm.

Breakfast is on Level 1 at Kuang’s Cafe. I have to say, it may well be skipped.

There is no welcome amenity or letter.

There are two small bottles of water in the room and an empty fridge. If you ask housekeeping for more water you might get 4 bottles. The gym on the rooftop level has a water dispenser. There are convenience stores as well a big international supermarket in the mall. The Hyatt Place has a 24/7 market that sells San Pellegrino as well at 22 MYR (~ 4.79 USD) for 750 ml.

Hotel and Room

The internet speed is rather slow, it is capped at 10 Mbps up / 10 Mbps down.
The HDMI port of the TV is hard to access if you want to connect your own streaming device. It’s possible but you might have to take the entire TV off the rack. You might also need to disable the hotel mode in the TVs settings, the remote contol is very basic and does not have an input selection button. The hotels technician helped with all of this.
The power outlets at the desk don’t let you connect international plugs, while the bedside outlets do take various types.
The power outlets at the desk also have a switch, that is not very obvious, so you might think there is no power until you find the switch.

The room itself is adequate and being new, I felt more comfortable than in the worn King room at the Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur. The sofa is huge and you can move the round table to use as a work desk for a laptop.
The bed is very good, the mattress is not too soft (like at some Park Hyatts), it’s perfect, as is the brand new bedding. The blackout curtains work well and the aircon on the lowest fan setting is not noisy.
It is possible to sleep very well in this room. The towels are still new and fluffly.
For drying some hand-washed clothes, there is a clothes line in the shower. Not much air circulation there so it is not quick to dry anything in the shower, eventually it will.
The bedside tables are on the same level as the matress. I tend to appreciate this a lot as I like to put my laptop onto the bedside table.
The hair dryer is very good and strong enough to dry long hair quickly. There is an iron and ironing board and the safe can fit a laptop.

The view towards the Pavilion Bukit Jalil mall is pretty at night. Higher floors would be better, especially with the construction going on next door currently at ground level.

Photos:
Spoiler

Breakfast

Be prepared for Nespresso Coffee made from pods, not good. Since there is a Starbucks Reserve on the ground floor, it might be a better idea to grab some coffee there.
When you sit down you also won’t be asked what you like to drink. They have staff to assist you with operating the machines though.
I took some photos of the buffet offerings, none of it was nice tbh. If you ask for medium boiled eggs they give you eggs with runny egg whites that are only suitable to be put into Asian noodle soup, not to be peeled. Go to the egg station and say you would like eggs that are boiled for 7-8 minutes, and you will get a medium boiled egg, if you are lucky. The San Pellegrino sparkling water is available but “not in the breakfast”.

Photos:
Spoiler

Dining

There is an Italian restaurant named Valentina on the rooftop of the Hyatt Place Bukit Jalil. It is rated 4.9 on google and I tried it out. The quality of the Pizza is good (tried a Diavolo and a Calzone), the prices are very reasonable, the service is also good. You can sit inside with aircon or outside if that might be too cold.
The adjacent Pavilion Bukit Jalil mall has a wide variety of dining options from Jollibee (don't even think about it unless you enjoy a 40 min wait for your 'fast' food amidst dirty tables) to Madam Kwan's and much more.

Photos:
Spoiler

Gym

The gym on the rooftop level is not huge but it’s equipped with new Life Fitness equipment, free weights up to 25 kg as well as a yoga / dance room. Water is provided only from a dispenser with cups, so if you like to train with a water bottle, bring your own bottle.
You can use the remote control to regulate the airconditioning. At 6 am the gym was not set to be cooled properly, it improved not long after I adjusted it. There is a switch to turn off the music or change the volume. The brown towels are still too new, they don’t soak well and lose a lot of fluff that ends up sticking to your skin. So if you happen to travel with your own favorite gym towel, it might be a good idea to use it in addition to the provided ones.

Photos:
Spoiler

Pool

The rooftop pool is rather small, 1.20m deep. I did not use it as the views aren’t particularly stunning and the sky was grey and cloudy. It does have a section for kids to play (depth 0.45m) so a good way to occupy smaller children.
If you want to swim in a bigger pool or have sunbeds and cabanas, you would find all this at the Grand Hyatt KL.

Photos:
Spoiler

Shopping

Pavilion Bukit Jalil mall is pretty much right next to the hotel, a few minutes walk to the main entrance. You may use the closest entrance when coming from the Hyatt Place to benefit from the aircon. There is "The Food Merchant" , a big grocery store where you can find many imported brands. There is Harvey Norman, TGV Cinemas, Blue Ice Snow Park, Grand Harbour Restaurant & Banquet, Sports Direct, Toys 'R Us and Uniqlo. You will also find Watsons, Caring Pharmacy as well as Guardian Pharmacy. The mall is not quite as big at the Pavilion Mall at KLCC, but it is still a huge mall, spanning five retail floors with a total of 1.8 million square feet of retail space.

Photos:
Spoiler

Limitations of Hyatt Place

If you are not used to staying at Hyatt Place properties, there are some things to be aware of and to potentially bring yourself in order to feel comfortable:
There is no ‘request something’ option in the Hyatt app at this property, so anything you would usually request, for example mouth wash or laundry detergent, you are well advised to bring this with you or buy yourself. Amenities are also sparse, bring your own ear buds, shower cap and body lotion. The only things provided are soap, toothbrush & tooth paste, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner and tissues. If you miss bathrobe and slippers, bring them.
There is no notepad and pen and also no spoons for coffee, just wooden sticks to stir. Also no saucers, just cups albeit good size cups. You only get paper coasters. So you might like to bring your own spoon if you tend to use one.
I asked for one but was only given more wooden sticks. The toilet paper is of a cheaper quality than what you would find at higher category properties. There is no make-up mirror.
There is no lounge. You can buy items from the 24 h Market inside the hotel but the mall would surely offer more and cheaper options.

Conclusion

I would stay again if I wanted to go shopping at a large mall and exercise while doing a short mattress run for status, milestone rewards (such as the new 2K Next Stay award) or a promotion at a cheap nightly rate. As long as the property is still new and the rooms are not worn that is. If you don't have a need to visit Kuala Lumpur City Center this property is an alternative. If you would otherwise stay at the Grand Hyatt and all you plan to do is go to Pavilion Mall every day, then you may as well do this here, unless you care a lot about lounge and breakfast. I don’t need a sumptuous breakfast or even any breakfast at all, so I’d likely just skip that altogether. There is plenty of food at the mall, including the grocery store that has lots of imported brands and health food. The gym is fine for the basics. The speed the Internet was capped at was a bit disappointing, 10 Mbit/s up & down.

Last edited by goodgirl; Dec 29, 2023 at 9:50 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 29, 2023, 9:45 pm

Great review!
lsquare and goodgirl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.