Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalists - Variations in Complimentary Breakfast Voucher Use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Globalists - Variations in Complimentary Breakfast Voucher Use?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 4:24 am

Programs: AA - EXP
Originally Posted by 168
HR Grand Cypress a year ago...
thompson DC
Old Nov 21, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Chicago Athletic Association uses vouchers - even though they also include in-room dining.

I've been charged an overage at the Eliza Jane for ordering a single entree and coffee - I believe it was like $2 or something. The cherry on top of an absolutely terrible property.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 6:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I've never seen a voucher or been charged for breakfast at a Hyatt.

Marriott meanwhile...
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skj
Just curious ... What properties are using breakfast vouchers? I can't remember the last time I saw one of those.
Milwaukee
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I always hate the vouchers, makes it a bit more complicated than it should be and feels tacky. I like (and remember) the places that just waives whatever bill comes. Second best are places that have a 'limit'.

Originally Posted by SHLTP
HR Cambridge uses vouchers and super strict in number. Had to argue with server as he said the amount given didn't include tip. Wasn't pleasant experience
​​​​​
Huh, when I was there last summer we just used the vouchers and never tipped. And we just ate what we wanted.

But this is the issue with vouchers -- sometimes they are strict to the words on the paper, sometimes they are just a formality. It's unnecessarily confusing. And can lead to unnecessarily friction.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:52 am

Programs: none
Vouchers

Both HR Rochester and HR Princeton had vouchers. Both places everything we ordered was comped for our family of 4.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:23 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
Originally Posted by skj
Just curious ... What properties are using breakfast vouchers? I can't remember the last time I saw one of those.
Hotel Figueroa used the voucher system earlier this month, forgot them in the room and had to run up mid meal the first morning.
to answer OP haven’t gone over with voucher but had a few places comp 4 adults for breakfast occasionally when we met someone for breakfast etc.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't mean to double post (I posted about this is the hotel specific thread) but I was given 2 vouchers (despite being the only guest) for a 1 night stay at the dream downtown (NYC). I was told that I could get whatever I wanted, breakfast or lunch, from the menu. No limits.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by skj
HR Lake Tahoe, June 23

Last edited by 59Impala; Nov 25, 2023 at 2:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.