Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Hyatt and Vegas

Having an awful time navigating FT UI on the mobile site and i bet this has been discussed- now that MGM is gone are there any real options for LV stays? I have a conference at the Aria and the HP is $180 a night and and Rio isn’t giving WOH stay credits yet…

I could just stay at the Aria but thought i’d ask here first.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:38 am

Ah, in my view, I'd go with the Aria. I mean, unless you really need the nights, the HP in LAS is unappealing, in my view. It's not only an HP but in an area way too far from the Strip. As to the Rio, not sure I'd stay there, but would consider just paying for the nights to earn EQN while staying at some MGM property on the strip.
TravelinSperry and UA-NYC like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:57 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Just stay at the Aria or some other Strip hotel and forego your journey to Hyatt status; the only Hyatt options in town at the moment are the two Places. Do not be fooled by the Rio - the Ipanema Tower is under renovation at the moment, and the property is NOT participating in World of Hyatt so you won't get points or qualifying nights until it joins the program... and we still don't know when that's happening. The Dream on the southern Strip has suspended construction, so that 2025 completion is looking dismal.

It's weak to see how Marriott has taken over Vegas, Hilton has some choice selections and Hyatt is dawdling along with a pair of mid-market hotels and an off-Strip dump. Holding out for a pleasant surprise, however naïve that is.

khabah
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by tripmaster
Having an awful time navigating FT UI on the mobile site and i bet this has been discussed- now that MGM is gone are there any real options for LV stays? I have a conference at the Aria and the HP is $180 a night and and Rio isn’t giving WOH stay credits yet…

I could just stay at the Aria but thought i’d ask here first.
I'd choose the Vdara - which gives larger rooms at lower rates and is attached to the Aria. Hyatt properties in Vegas are no bueno
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Yall are so helpful. thanks! Gonna look at the Vdara… maybe my bonvoy status will be relevant by Feb 2024!
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:18 pm

If you have Bonvoy status then go to the Cosmo.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

.aaand MGM cyberattack delayed integration into Bonvoy! oh well Vdara still looks a bit cheaper than Aria.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Originally Posted by tripmaster
.aaand MGM cyberattack delayed integration into Bonvoy! oh well Vdara still looks a bit cheaper than Aria.
But Cosmo is unaffected by the MGM hack in terms of the Marriott relationship, as it’s been part of Marriott for quite some time. At other properties, you wouldn’t get Marriott benefits, whereas at the Cosmo, you would as of now.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Try MGM Park. Is very reasonable vs Vdara.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by khabah
It's weak to see how Marriott has taken over Vegas, Hilton has some choice selections and Hyatt is dawdling along with a pair of mid-market hotels and an off-Strip dump. Holding out for a pleasant surprise, however naïve that is.
Las Vegas seems to be prime example for how weak Hyatt is compared to Hilton and Marriott. Vegas is no longer just the gambling capital of the world, but also an entertainment and sports juggernaut (F1 this week, Super Bowl in Feb) and Hyatt is offering rooms in two Hyatt Places.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/18/busin...omy/index.html
Old Nov 20, 2023, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vegasbased
But Cosmo is unaffected by the MGM hack in terms of the Marriott relationship, as it’s been part of Marriott for quite some time. At other properties, you wouldn’t get Marriott benefits, whereas at the Cosmo, you would as of now.
Cosmo is 2x aria or vdara and event is onsite at Aria!
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Las Vegas seems to be prime example for how weak Hyatt is compared to Hilton and Marriott. ..l
given that hyatt offered best choices of all chains in vegas for 10 yrs (along with great rates waived fees and easy eqn) i think we can wait a bit and give them benefit of the doubt..
Old Nov 20, 2023, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
I've been facing the same issue a bunch this fall and I've just stuck with MGM since my gold status goes until Jan 2024. The Hyatt properties are just not appealing for Vegas in my opinion. Once Rio actually starts giving credit, its going to be a harder choice, but unless they waive resort fees it still isn't a good solution in my opinion.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
I've been facing the same issue a bunch this fall and I've just stuck with MGM since my gold status goes until Jan 2024. The Hyatt properties are just not appealing for Vegas in my opinion. Once Rio actually starts giving credit, its going to be a harder choice, but unless they waive resort fees it still isn't a good solution in my opinion.
And unless they do a proper renovation I wouldn’t touch Rio even without resort fees
Reviews are scary now
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:42 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
If you have Bonvoy status then go to the Cosmo.
rates seem obscene at Cosmo when I’ve checked
Rather stay @ Waldorf Astoria by far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.