Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt award redemption restriction

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2023, 8:00 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to help my mom book a stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki with a combination of free award nights and points. It appears like they are requiring points redemption has to be for four consecutive nights, so unable to utilize her two free nights. I have two free nights of my own that I can transfer to her to utilize for this reservation but are point nights and award nights two different kinds of redemption? I spoke to a Hyatt rep and they said there is only so many free award nights allotted for each hotel. I guess my question is if she has four free award nights (two of her own and two transferred from me) if we would satisfy the four nights minimum requirement. Goal was to book for six nights total, but with the four night minimum requirement I was thinking we can try to do four award nights and then four points night and possible call to cancel two nights after booking. Frustrating that Hyatt is making it so hard to utilize the free award nights. I've this game played before but this is the first time at this property.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mochi0172
I spoke to a Hyatt rep and they said there is only so many free award nights allotted for each hotel. I guess my question is if she has four free award nights (two of her own and two transferred from me) if we would satisfy the four nights minimum requirement.
Did you ask Hyatt customer service agent exactly what you're trying to do? Award nights availability is not your question.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by mochi0172
I was thinking we can try to do four award nights and then four points night and possible call to cancel two nights after booking.
I presume you will not stay there. If this is the case, I would…

1). Mom use “Pay my way” feature and book the first 4 nights using her 2 free nights and 2 nights by points.
2). You book the next 4 nights as above.
3). Wait a few days and call to cancel your last 2 nights and get your points back.
4). Wait a few days to transfer your 2 free nights booking to your mom’s name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.