Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSU "advance" reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

TSU "advance" reservation

I'm currently at 49 nights. My 50th night is in about 2 weeks so I won't get the 2 TSUs til then. I want to apply a TSU to a current reservation. I'm concerned the std suite won't be available when I hit 50 nights. MHC said I can't apply a TSU in advance, like a points advance room reservation. Any clever suggestions to secure the suite?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:23 pm

Find a cheap local Hyatt to mattress run at? Given you're SFO nothing immediate comes to mind unless you want to burn a cheap night at the HP Pleasanton or some off-peak HR Sonoma day...

Some properties have their std suite come and go into immediate website inventory -- so you can always to to lock in some refundable or CC guarantee rate to see if you can "reserve" it until your TSU comes into your account. But that's in absolutely no way guaranteed -- in most cases somebody on the property side in charge of rooms may have to "release" it again back into inventory. But potentially worth a try if you really want to game it...
Old Jul 20, 2023, 5:34 pm

Wild palms (Sunnyvale/Santa Clara area) run for around $100-120.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Just reserve a refundable rate / points standard suite booking then cancel.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
I'm currently at 49 nights. My 50th night is in about 2 weeks so I won't get the 2 TSUs til then. I want to apply a TSU to a current reservation. I'm concerned the std suite won't be available when I hit 50 nights. MHC said I can't apply a TSU in advance, like a points advance room reservation. Any clever suggestions to secure the suite?
I’m not understanding the question -

You have an MHC meaning you’re a 60 night Globalist, meaning you earned 4 TSU’s in 2022 which are valid until next February. Use on of them. If all are currently booked for future bookings cancel one and rebook it later with a new TSU, whichever one you think has the highest chance of the suite still being there.

Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Just reserve a refundable rate / points standard suite booking then cancel.
That’s super unethical and not allowed per the T&C. OP on top of that has left a pepper trail with MHC stating they want the standard suite so if MHC sees it booked then cancelled last minute to apply a TSU that could be very problematic. Not to mention if a hotel auditor sees this either.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’m not understanding the question -

You have an MHC meaning you’re a 60 night Globalist, meaning you earned 4 TSU’s in 2022 which are valid until next February. Use on of them. If all are currently booked for future bookings cancel one and rebook it later with a new TSU, whichever one you think has the highest chance of the suite still being there.
I understood that to mean the reservation is for March 2024 or later so he needs new TSU earned in 2023..
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Couldn’t OP applys 6000 points per night and confirmed into a suite? Once more TSUs are in the account, ask MHC to deduct TSU and return the points?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85
I understood that to mean the reservation is for March 2024 or later so he needs new TSU earned in 2023..
OP never specific a date of the reservation.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
OP never specific a date of the reservation.
Some posters don't provide enough information for others to provide sound recommendations. I used to deal with this type of inquiry all the time at work. Clarifications!
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by 168
Couldn’t OP applys 6000 points per night and confirmed into a suite? Once more TSUs are in the account, ask MHC to deduct TSU and return the points?
only if the base rate is eligible for that. Senior rates/AAS are not.

But that would be an ethical solution.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Correct. Or I could have used all 4 of my 2022 earned TSUs.

Some posters don't provide enough information for others to provide sound recommendations. I used to deal with this type of inquiry all the time at work. Clarifications!
My bad. I assumed it was apparent that I did not have a TSU to use, hence the question.

Originally Posted by 168
Thanks for the tip. Didn't think of it, nor did MHC suggest (because it wasn't available?)

Last edited by Zorak; Jul 22, 2023 at 6:41 am Reason: Merging connective posts
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:55 pm

My bad. I assumed it was apparent that I did not have a TSU to use, hence the question.
So you used all 4 of your TSU’s already? I’m specifically saying “used” as in used up/gone vs. allocated which would mean for existing future reservations which could be removed and used on this reservation, in theory.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

So you used all 4 of your TSU’s already? I’m specifically saying “used” as in used up/gone vs. allocated which would mean for existing future reservations which could be removed and used on this reservation, in theory.
I haven’t. Reservation is in April 2024.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:23 pm

I haven’t. Reservation is in April 2024.
What property is so in demand that you suspect the suite will be gone in two weeks? Just asking since inventory for that suite was released about 5 months ago so not seeing why if it wasn’t already taken up in those 5 months that it would be now for an April 2024 reservation.

I’m genuinely curious as I personally had a situation where I checked for months for a suite at a property and one day it finally opened up unfortunately the call center, MHC, and Twitter none of them could get through to a person who speaks English at the property. I ended up waited on pins and needles for 24 hours until a manager who spoke English arrived at the property the next day and I got the confirmation. That was quite stressful as that’s my one true “vacation” per year for the family.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 11:05 am
Original Poster

What property is so in demand that you suspect the suite will be gone in two weeks?
Andaz Maui
AllThePants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.