Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Recommendation in Boston?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2023, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Hotel Recommendation in Boston?

Would love to hear your opinion. We'll be renting a car to get around.
Old May 12, 2023, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Boston isn't Hyatt's best market, though I liked my stay at the Centric a few years ago
Old May 12, 2023, 9:37 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Any recommendation would really depend on what type of hotel you're looking for. For example, Boston is amongst many other major US cities such as LA (oof) and Miami that do not offer any "nicer" Hyatts. If that is your travel preference, you may be better suited looking at non-Hyatt options.
Old May 13, 2023, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Any recommendation would really depend on what type of hotel you're looking for. For example, Boston is amongst many other major US cities such as LA (oof) and Miami that do not offer any "nicer" Hyatts. If that is your travel preference, you may be better suited looking at non-Hyatt options.
Would second the assessment that Hyatt lacks higher end options in Boston.

That said, I find the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor a decent value proposition. Rooms are a bit dated, but views are great from Harbor View rooms and the restaurant is solid.

Havent stayed, but the Hyatt Place Seaport District is getting some decent reviews and it's thread should give you a sense of the property.

The Centric and Regency Boston are fine, but less worth the cash rates IMHO.
River in Sight likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 4:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cdubz
Would second the assessment that Hyatt lacks higher end options in Boston.

That said, I find the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor a decent value proposition. Rooms are a bit dated, but views are great from Harbor View rooms and the restaurant is solid.

Havent stayed, but the Hyatt Place Seaport District is getting some decent reviews and it's thread should give you a sense of the property.

The Centric and Regency Boston are fine, but less worth the cash rates IMHO.
I left Boston when I was 14 to go to boarding school, so most of my insights are quite stale.

But, when I was kid, my dad often brought me to the Cambridge HR for Chinese food. I was always impressed, especially with the restaurant.

After I finished my studies, he moved to the Seaport, and I loved the area (lots of food options). The Hyatt Place was okay...for a Hyatt Place.
cdubz likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cdubz
I find the Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor a decent value proposition.
It's a nice property, not too difficult to cross the bay, but I still wouldn't really consider it the goal is spending time in Boston itself.

I'll add that Boston is not a city where I'd want a car.
Old May 13, 2023, 5:58 pm

I stay in Boston quite a bit, the Hyatt options aren't great. I like the Mandarin Oriental, Boston Harbor Hotel, and the Four Seasons Back Bay in no particular order.

Last edited by Tonyr4; May 14, 2023 at 7:28 am
Old May 13, 2023, 10:01 pm

Centric or Regency for location, both are great for walkable Boston. My room at the Centric was cramped as hell though, not even a table to work on
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Haha, I'm perfectly content with the "not-so-nice" ones
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Haven't looked at the forum for a while but I'll keep this in mind next time
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the detailed response! We ended up not staying near downtown but will keep this on my list
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Agree! Seaport was great. I didn't end up staying near downtown this time
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Definitely...the Boston drivers are, determined, may I say
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! Will keep these in mind next time
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Ouch...doesn't sound ideal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.