Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by gobigorgobigger
  • Lounge: The lounge is pretty nice!
    • It's on the 11th floor and faces west? You can see the toranomon hills mori tower and Tokyo tower if you stick your face close to the window at an angle lol

Lounge
This lounge is definitely facing east. You're looking directly at the Toranomon Hills Mori Tower, on the left is Toranomon Hills Business Tower. If you want to see Tokyo Tower, you would have to crane to the right.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I haven't stayed at the andaz so I can't comment specifically. I can say that I would still consider checking it out for the views, higher floors, globalist breakfast, amenities (pool/bigger gym), free mini bar, bigger room. Also having a separate bathroom instead of having the sink in the main room.

But as the andaz was built 2014 I'd imagine it's starting to show some age, compared with a brand new hotel.
Andaz is still pretty pristine for its age.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:11 am

Photos look great. Mori never cheaps out on hard product.

Excited to stay in a corner suite end of Jan. Not bad suite award burn.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
Andaz is still pretty pristine for its age.
It is also Japan, so things tend to be better taken care of than other places.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Marriott FSPP
Debating if stay this Toranomon Hill vs Centric Ginz, Xmas day one night costs same 29k pts.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vincentzh306
Debating if stay this Toranomon Hill vs Centric Ginz, Xmas day one night costs same 29k pts.
If location, then Ginza.
If new car smell, then Toranomon Hills.
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If location, then Ginza.
If new car smell, then Toranomon Hills.
Just trying so hard to convince myself to spend 29k at hyatt centirc, consider PH only 1000 pts more, but, its xmas day, all properties are Insane high price.
OMO 3 even sold out.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 9:53 pm

Staying here in two weeks and trying to plan the best way to get to Narita from this hotel with luggage. Doesn’t look like there are direct busses at the moment, can I walk to the Andaz and take the limousine bus from there? Or just bite the bullet and take a taxi?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
From the photos, the rooms looks awfully small, even smaller than the photos I've seen of Hyatt Place Kyoto. And while it's nice to have a lounge, the seating arrangement reminds me of an airport business class lounge, one of the less spacious ones. On points, I still can't see the rationale of choosing this over the Andaz.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Twin Deluxe Room

I can't imagine what a base King room looks like if that's a Deluxe.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by GiantCow
Staying here in two weeks and trying to plan the best way to get to Narita from this hotel with luggage. Doesn’t look like there are direct busses at the moment, can I walk to the Andaz and take the limousine bus from there? Or just bite the bullet and take a taxi?
I would take train to Shinbashi, get a taxi afterwards. Taxi is not that expensive anyway.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I can't imagine what a base King room looks like if that's a Deluxe.
I feel the same. New car smell, male the difference, hope the breakfast as good as Ginza.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:23 pm

Just checked in last night. Some quick thoughts:
  • Love the overall design of the place. Feels like a lighter PHNY, or more cozy Andaz 5th Ave, or a more muted Andaz Tokyo
  • Corner Suite King is a true 1 bd suite (60sqm) with a decently spacious living room and a combination shower and bath tub
  • Minibar except alcohol is free, which is great (unclear if this applies for non-suite rooms - front desk implied it was free because of the room I was in)
  • Breakfast was very high quality. For 6600 JPY, you get 1 a la carte item from a small menu (avo toast, eggs, asian breakfast noodles among the ~6 or so options), espresso drinks / tea / juice, and a great breakfast buffet. Tasty pastries, jams, cold cuts, yogurt, and condiments
  • Only criticism I have of the breakfast is that it was very western - some more asian options couldve been nice
  • Service has been excellent so far. Seems like they imported some pretty experienced folks from other properties - service during breakfast was attentive and polished, but not overbearing
  • Overall, a great value for current prices, especially with globalist breakfast. Currently only around ~450 (before taxes/fees) during cherry blossom season for a base room
Dave510 and wangfriedchicken like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by xyxyzn
  • Love the overall design of the place. Feels like a lighter PHNY, or more cozy Andaz 5th Ave, or a more muted Andaz Tokyo
  • Corner Suite King is a true 1 bd suite (60sqm) with a decently spacious living room and a combination shower and bath tub
  • Minibar except alcohol is free, which is great (unclear if this applies for non-suite rooms - front desk implied it was free because of the room I was in)
  • Breakfast was very high quality. For 6600 JPY, you get 1 a la carte item from a small menu (avo toast, eggs, asian breakfast noodles among the ~6 or so options), espresso drinks / tea / juice, and a great breakfast buffet. Tasty pastries, jams, cold cuts, yogurt, and condiments
  • Only criticism I have of the breakfast is that it was very western - some more asian options couldve been nice
  • Service has been excellent so far. Seems like they imported some pretty experienced folks from other properties - service during breakfast was attentive and polished, but not overbearing
  • Overall, a great value for current prices, especially with globalist breakfast. Currently only around ~450 (before taxes/fees) during cherry blossom season for a base room
Curious about what the Corner Suite looks like. Would it be possible to share some pictures?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyxyzn
Probably will take some time for them to get feedback and make adjustments at breakfast. They do advertise contemporary European cuisine created by Sergio Herman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.