Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2024 | 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by pemabuk
There is a concierge. I have the details if you want me to DM. Though you can just email the front desk and they will connect you. If you are emailing/calling in advance they ask you to sign a waiver that you will actually show up at the restaurant you want. While you are at the TH, you can approach the single podium next to the main desk which is either staffed by a duty manager or concierge. Either one will call and make reservations on the spot. I did this because I found the waiver annoying and didn't have access to a printer. I didn't push the issue just ignored it.
This is information that they should just make public.
Old Jun 10, 2024 | 8:19 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by pemabuk
There is a concierge. I have the details if you want me to DM. Though you can just email the front desk and they will connect you. If you are emailing/calling in advance they ask you to sign a waiver that you will actually show up at the restaurant you want. While you are at the TH, you can approach the single podium next to the main desk which is either staffed by a duty manager or concierge. Either one will call and make reservations on the spot. I did this because I found the waiver annoying and didn't have access to a printer. I didn't push the issue just ignored it.
When on-site, go to the "lounge." There's usually an attendant who rotates with the podium downstairs and they're usually bored and have nothing to do. Can take care of concierge requests with no wait.
Old Jun 10, 2024 | 9:45 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: CX DM, Shang Jade, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by saaveraward
When on-site, go to the "lounge." There's usually an attendant who rotates with the podium downstairs and they're usually bored and have nothing to do. Can take care of concierge requests with no wait.
Good point. I only went into the lounge a couple of times over a week to stock up on sparkling water and it was generally if not completely empty - the staff wasn't doing much.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 12:36 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Currently trying to book the corner suite twin w/ tower view here with a SUA and I'm being told it's a premium suite even though their website and Hyatt's don't have the verbiage of premium suite.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...ls/tyoub/rooms

Any one else run into an issue like this before?

Old Jun 11, 2024 | 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SawBo
Currently trying to book the corner suite twin w/ tower view here with a SUA and I'm being told it's a premium suite even though their website and Hyatt's don't have the verbiage of premium suite.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...ls/tyoub/rooms

Any one else run into an issue like this before?
The only standard suites are Corner Suite King and Suite King, I believe. None of the suites have "standard suite" or "premium suite" verbiage on the room listing, so it's up to the hotel to choose which one is standard and which ones are premium.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 3:49 pm
10 Years on Site

Corner suite king = standard

Corner suite twin with tower view = premium

Put in a mock reservation and it will tell you which is which.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 5:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum
Stay completed mid May as a lowly Discoverist.

Booked base room with points, got updated to the Tower view which was pretty cool to look at at night. Room felt spacious even though I just came from the Courtyard Ginza with a room that had a similar listed room size. Probably due to the notably high ceiling. Very modern. Train station stops at building next door. May be best to take the elevator up to level 2? and walk across the bridge that connects the two buildings and then down to the hotel. You could also exit at floor level of the station (newer station that has plenty of escalators) and walk across the street, but there was construction during my stay that made this super annoying when I tried this. Not much nearby other than a sort of higher end food court at the base level of the building. I believe due to no in room dining option yet, they have a discount for lunch/dinner at the Andaz next door. The lounge is for all guests and had some good snacks and non-alcoholic drinks. Actually had bananas in the morning which seems sort of above what I expect a free lounge to have for some reason.

Not sure if good value or not. Probably good. Mostly stayed here because I have Hyatt points and just needed one more night in Tokyo. Also, there aren't that many Unbound Collection Hyatts in places I go to, so might as well check this one off for the explorer reward.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 6:10 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by JM15
Train station stops at building next door. May be best to take the elevator up to level 2? and walk across the bridge that connects the two buildings and then down to the hotel. You could also exit at floor level of the station (newer station that has plenty of escalators) and walk across the street, but there was construction during my stay that made this super annoying when I tried this.
You can also get there through the indoor shopping/restaurant area (make a right turn after exiting the station fare gates, IIRC) and escalators without having to go outside. The first time I was there I did go up to street level and had to use the crosswalk to walk across the street, but I found the other route later on during my stay.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 8:03 pm

I am sitting at the patio of the oval cafe just under the Mori Tower now. The complex is really nicely done. Now I am pissing at myself for not splurging for a room at the hotel TORANOMON Hills instead of staying at the really on its last leg Hyatt Regency😂🤦‍♂️
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The station is not in the "building next door", it's in the same building as the hotel. When you get out of Toranomon Hills Hibiya Station (only one gate), make a right and go up two sets of escalators. Will take you straight into the lobby level entrance.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 8:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by econ
You can also get there through the indoor shopping/restaurant area (make a right turn after exiting the station fare gates, IIRC) and escalators without having to go outside. The first time I was there I did go up to street level and had to use the crosswalk to walk across the street, but I found the other route later on during my stay.
That's exactly what happened to me. I guess it is just the same building, but looks separate on street level.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 10:08 pm

Look for A2 exit and go up two sets of escalators then make a left and squint very hard and you will make out the gold letters on black marble “Hotel TORANOMON hills” just above the Aperitivo board😅

kaiotes, econ and projectmaximus like this.
Old Jun 11, 2024 | 10:45 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, BR, BA
Originally Posted by Pickles
The station is not in the "building next door", it's in the same building as the hotel. When you get out of Toranomon Hills Hibiya Station (only one gate), make a right and go up two sets of escalators. Will take you straight into the lobby level entrance.
This is the correct way. It’s much more convenient than the Andaz next door, despite being in the same complex. It is less than 2 minutes of indoor travel time to the hotel from the Hibiya exit, and half of it is standing on an escalator.

Andaz requires navigating a series of escalators and narrow walkways to reach the station.
Old Jun 13, 2024 | 5:40 pm
5 Years on Site

Can anyone comment on the lighting inside the rooms? I read a review that described the situation as either blindingly bright or incredibly dark, with little in between. This is a pet peeve of mine with hotels, and I am wondering if HTH is another offender.
Old Jun 14, 2024 | 3:43 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: CX DM, Shang Jade, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Morkai
Can anyone comment on the lighting inside the rooms? I read a review that described the situation as either blindingly bright or incredibly dark, with little in between. This is a pet peeve of mine with hotels, and I am wondering if HTH is another offender.
If you turn the living room or bedroom lights on, they all come on. In the living room (suite king) there is an option for mood or relax or something and only two lampish lights come on. In the bedroom each side has a lamp that you can independently turn on and off. Also the reading light from the ceiling for each side. Otherwise, all lights are on.

I thought it was fine. Bizzarely housekeeping leaves every single light on every day when they leave. They did this over 6 nights I was there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.