Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

No Stay Credit on Free Night award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Are Free Night award stays excluded as "eligible stays" toward tier status? That seems to be the case for a recent stay of mine at HR DFW. If not excluded how do I correct this?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
Are Free Night award stays excluded as "eligible stays" toward tier status? That seems to be the case for a recent stay of mine at HR DFW. If not excluded how do I correct this?
Ask Hyatt to correct it. Call, email, Twitter.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:11 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
How recent? Free stays will be showing in your account but they take about two days for them to show the eligible night in my experience, so make sure to wait at least a couple days before worrying about it. I had two free nights last weekend at different hotels, they both took two days to show as an eligible night even though they always were appearing in my activity as a free night redemption.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles
How recent? Free stays will be showing in your account but they take about two days for them to show the eligible night in my experience, so make sure to wait at least a couple days before worrying about it. I had two free nights last weekend at different hotels, they both took two days to show as an eligible night even though they always were appearing in my activity as a free night redemption.
It's been over a week so time for me to take action.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 1:20 pm

It's been over a week so time for me to take action.
I used 2 cat 1-4 awards last Thurs and Friday and the nights have already been credited.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The only reason why I can think of it not auto-crediting is if it got gifted from one person to another, or if the person checking in didn't match the name of the certificate or WoH account owner.

Other than that though, I'd DM Hyatt Support on Twitter, they're responsive and good to work with.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Old Hyatt program - award stays didn’t get credit.
New WOH - they get credit.

Did 2x cat 4 certs recently and they posted without issues.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:59 pm

I've been a Diamond or Globalist for nearly a decade. And I don't owe you an explanation for what I do.
Good for you! Totally agree.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by kxc262
Old Hyatt program - award stays didn’t get credit.
New WOH - they get credit.
When WOH first rolled out, they didn’t get credit either. IIRC, it took several months before they relented.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:31 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Well, Hyatt is pretty good about staying competitive with other chains where stay credit does indeed count on free nights inc. SPG in the old days, Hilton, Marriott, and IHG.

Not sure if official stay credit wasn't given before WOH (I can't remember), but for sure I got credit for a FFN stay on a FFN award night if I charged $1.00 to my room (until Hyatt eventually fixed that glitch after a number of years).
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I’ve just spent some time deleting bickering posts. Please return to the subject of the thread. FYI, you can always put people on ignore so that you never see their posts.

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.