Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Mall of America & MSP Airport (MASTER THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

Accepting Reservations beyond July 8th, 2023.

There is no official press release from Hyatt so possibly trying to keep this property quiet. It’s a Category 2 which is great, it’s located directly across from the Mall of America which is great for families. It’s the only Hyatt House property within 50 miles of Minneapolis.

I feel like this will be a very popular property due to its location, brand (HH) and Category placement.

You’ll find something for everyone when you stay at Hyatt House Mall of America / MSP Airport in Bloomington, Minn. Across the street from our hotel is the iconic Mall of America —a shopper’s paradise— with more than 500 retailers, kid-friendly attractions like Nickelodeon Universe and the Crayola Experience, including endless options for delicious cuisine at the food court. Make us your home base and enjoy easy access to other noteworthy destinations, including Minnesota’s own singer/songwriter Prince’s renowned home and music studio, Paisley Park or indulge in some outdoor adventures at Minnehaha Falls. Let our residential style hotel guest rooms provide the ideal place to experience comfort and convenience in Bloomington.”

Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Those cash rates are asinine - I get that they're placeholders since the property isn't opening until next year (if it isn't delayed), but seriously, hopefully no one books at those rates.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Those cash rates are asinine - I get that they're placeholders since the property isn't opening until next year (if it isn't delayed), but seriously, hopefully no one books at those rates.
I don’t believe it’s just due to it being not opened yet. I believe it’s just due to them honestly not knowing what the rates should be. I checked and the Hyatt Centric Minneapolis whose rates are generally $100-$180 had rates listed for $380 for those dates for a base room. So maybe the same property owner?

Either way great option for families and great points redemption for the location. I found several dates after they’re supposed opening with 6,500 points per night.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As of late summer, they were supposed to open at the end of 2022, so this seems like a substantial construction delay. My guess is that there's some outdoor work they're unable to finish before winter arrives.

For a better rate comparison, look at the quite nice HR MSP airport that's less than two miles away, or the older HP MSP airport that's about three miles closer to the airport (and farther from MOA). You can usually get a corner Executive Suite at the HR for about this price, although the prices shown don't indicate room category for the HH, so they might be one bedroom suites with full kitchens rather than studio rooms or studios with kitchens.

BTW, there's a new HH in Rochester MN (about 50 miles) and an older conversion HH in Evanston IL (about 400 miles), but no HHs at all in ND, SD, Iowa, and Wisconsin. So it sounds a bit misleading--even if true--to claim that there's no other HH within 50 miles.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
As of late summer, they were supposed to open at the end of 2022, so this seems like a substantial construction delay. My guess is that there's some outdoor work they're unable to finish before winter arrives.

For a better rate comparison, look at the quite nice HR MSP airport that's less than two miles away, or the older HP MSP airport that's about three miles closer to the airport (and farther from MOA). You can usually get a corner Executive Suite at the HR for about this price, although the prices shown don't indicate room category for the HH, so they might be one bedroom suites with full kitchens rather than studio rooms or studios with kitchens.

BTW, there's a new HH in Rochester MN (about 50 miles) and an older conversion HH in Evanston IL (about 400 miles), but no HHs at all in ND, SD, Iowa, and Wisconsin. So it sounds a bit misleading--even if true--to claim that there's no other HH within 50 miles.
As someone who lives in the Metro I don’t find it misleading in the least to state that there is no other HH in Minneapolis. If you go to Hyatt.com and search for hotels in Minneapolis, MN the HH Rochester will not pop up, because its nowhere near Minneapolis. If someone were planning a trip to Minneapolis and activities therein, Rochester would be nowhere on their radar.

For Comparison that’s like discussing hotels in Los Angeles vs. San Diego. It’d be like saying well there’s no Grand Hyatt in Los Angeles which is true. Within the “Greater Los Angeles” area which spans I believe 100-150 miles there’s no Grand Hyatt. However, just about an hour south there’s one in San Diego. When searching Hyatt.com for Los Angeles no San Diego properties will show up, because they’re two distinct markets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.