Wiki Posts
Search

Zero to Globalist in one stay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Zero to Globalist in one stay

If my math is correct it looks like I'll go from nobody to Globalist in one stay based on 60 nights. I had an assignment that was originally supposed to be two weeks but ended up at two months, so this wasn't part of any plan. My question is when I finally check out, will I earn all the milestone awards that were granted along the way, or do I just get the last milestone earned? Another question, do those (upgrade, free nights, etc.) become available right away, or do they lag behind a bit? I have a family trip planned for a week after I check out so just wondering if I can reasonably expect to have the points, status, and awards at my disposal to use. Thanks for the assistance.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by hawkinjohn
If my math is correct it looks like I'll go from nobody to Globalist in one stay based on 60 nights. I had an assignment that was originally supposed to be two weeks but ended up at two months, so this wasn't part of any plan. My question is when I finally check out, will I earn all the milestone awards that were granted along the way, or do I just get the last milestone earned? Another question, do those (upgrade, free nights, etc.) become available right away, or do they lag behind a bit? I have a family trip planned for a week after I check out so just wondering if I can reasonably expect to have the points, status, and awards at my disposal to use. Thanks for the assistance.
Some locations only give a maximum of 30 night credits at once. Best to check before starting, to see if you need to check out a night in the middle.
Grog, bbbb, bbriscoe34 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:25 pm

Assuming that the property doesn't have any maximum night restrictions, yes you'll get them all at once. And you'll receive all milestones along the way, not just the last one. Depending on when exactly you check out (and your time zone), you'll get bombarded with Hyatt emails the next day or the day after, then you'll see them all in your account. Actually, the app might crash for a few times because it can't handle that many updates. Of course, this's all contingent on your nights posting automatically, without having to request them manually.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Some locations only give a maximum of 30 night credits at once. Best to check before starting, to see if you need to check out a night in the middle.
That would have been good information 52 days ago, not that there is anything I can do about it now, I'm scheduled to check out in 8 days (hopefully). Is that information available anywhere? Thanks for the heads up, helps to set expectations.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
That would have been good information 52 days ago, not that there is anything I can do about it now, I'm scheduled to check out in 8 days (hopefully). Is that information available anywhere? Thanks for the heads up, helps to set expectations.
Also make sure you’re registered for the double points promo. It may also be worth signing up for a WOH credit card if you can charge the stay to your own card. Assuming the charge will be $6k++ then you’d quickly meet the sign up bonuses AND get extra spend based EQN to bring you closer to 70 night milestone.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:08 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
My question is when I finally check out, will I earn all the milestone awards that were granted along the way, or do I just get the last milestone earned? Another question, do those (upgrade, free nights, etc.) become available right away, or do they lag behind a bit? I have a family trip planned for a week after I check out so just wondering if I can reasonably expect to have the points, status, and awards at my disposal to use. Thanks for the assistance.
Yes, status typically granted the day after checkout (depending on where you are on earth) - stays typically post around 10am-12pm PT the following day. The milestone awards may take a 1-2 days longer.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Also make sure you’re registered for the double points promo. It may also be worth signing up for a WOH credit card if you can charge the stay to your own card. Assuming the charge will be $6k++ then you’d quickly meet the sign up bonuses AND get extra spend based EQN to bring you closer to 70 night milestone.
Or sign up for the biz card, double your nights, and get four 10 night choice awards.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:56 am

It seems like they are already 52 nights in? If so, signing up for credit cards to apply to stay is impossible at this point.

Last edited by verfinder; Sep 30, 2022 at 6:16 am
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Don’t listen to them.

Any property that has a maximum it only means you can literally only stay a maximum of 28 consecutive nights. If you’ve stayed 60 nights at the property everything will credit just fine.

Only exception to this is MGM as I believe you can stay for 2 months but their max is 14 nights for earning with them or Hyatt. That’s the only one.

You will earn all the credit and make sure you register for the double points promo as those will be nice.

One other way someone could go from 0 to Globalist with one stay is 20k Base Spend, so a high end property. One could easily achieve this in Vegas with hosting a large dinner
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the information, I probably should have thought this through earlier in my stay and could have maximized the earnings, I guess the only issue now would be what to do with what I think will be too many awards to use before they expire.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I've never heard of this with Hyatt, although I know that SPG had a 90 day limit a couple decades (definitely more than 15 years) ago.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
Or sign up for the biz card, double your nights, and get four 10 night choice awards.
That would have been a good one, I believe the milestone awards max out at 100 nights so I would have achieved that one.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for all the information, I probably should have thought this through earlier in my stay and could have maximized the earnings, I guess the only issue now would be what to do with what I think will be too many awards to use before they expire.
The shortest expiration would be the Category 1-7 free night which would expire in April 2023.

Next would be the Category 1-4 which would expire in April 2023.

Everything else would expire February 2024.

Seems like plenty of time though.

Last edited by Matt4200; Sep 30, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4200
The shortest expiration would be the Category 1-7 free night which would expire in April 2023.

Next would be the Category 1-4 which would expire in October 2023.

Everything else would expire February 2024.

Seems like plenty of time though.
More good news, I thought I saw something about the max being one year.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
That would have been a good one, I believe the milestone awards max out at 100 nights so I would have achieved that one.
If you’re staying at a property in the US then you can apply for the card and have it delivered within 2-3 days. Chase is good about expediting cards.
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.