Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt 2023 Category Changes - speculation Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt 2023 Category Changes - speculation Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xooz
If you wanted to narrow the discussion a little, maybe focus on what Cat 4s will move to 5. The increase of a hotel from Cat 4 to 5 is arguably the one which impacts the most people in a general way. Once you get to Cat 6-7 or 7-8 it's just points though there are plenty of Cat7 certs out there as well.
I predict that several Category 4s will go to 5.

A bunch of Category 3s will move up to 4. Then all the people who say "I couldn't possibly burn a Cat 4 certificate at a Cat 3 hotel" will then just spend them at hotels that have the exact same room rates as before, but are now Category 4 instead of 3.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:15 am

Lock this thread.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Lock this thread.
Wait, we don't want to doom-post about the economy, hotel rates, and devaluations?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Wait, we don't want to doom-post about the economy, hotel rates, and devaluations?
Naw - this is FlyerTalk - rampant wild speculation is our core competency.

David
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Naw - this is FlyerTalk - rampant wild speculation is our core competency.

David
I'll stick to my tales of shower pressure and bed plushness - have to know when it's time to stick to my lane :-)
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:29 pm

I predict a bunch of hotels will change categories. And some people will get upset and claim major devaluation, while a few people will say the changes are good for their travel patterns. And then we'll all continue on with our lives.
scubadu, craigthemif and 59Impala like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.