Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best outdoor dining globalist breakfast/lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:24 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver

Trying to maximize benefits for a points vacation while eating outdoors. Would anyone care to recommend locations with nice outdoor breakfast or lounge options? Hyatt Regency Waikiki and Park Hyatt Bangkok personally come to mind. Would especially appreciate advice for low category point redemptions.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:31 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Trying to maximize benefits for a points vacation while eating outdoors. Would anyone care to recommend locations with nice outdoor breakfast or lounge options? Hyatt Regency Waikiki and Park Hyatt Bangkok personally come to mind. Would especially appreciate advice for low category point redemptions.
HR Hua Hin as a wonderful outdoor lounge with a pond and super food, service, both breakfast and cocktails.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
HR Aruba has an outdoor area for breakfast (though it's buffet only) and the lounge now has outdoor seating (wonderful staff in the lounge, with free flow wine/beer/Champagne and ok evening apps).

Of course there's always Ventana, you could eat all your meals and social hour outdoors. I haven't stayed at any of the Miravals but I imagine they likewise have outdoor seating options for the (included) meals...
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Grand Hyatt Rio (actually in Barra) has a top floor lounge with outside seating, views of either the ocean or lagoon.

The GH or HR on Bali has outdoor tables on a patio outside of the lounge, for lounge guests only, but I don't know whether breakfast is served in the lounge.

Andaz Scottsdale does Glob breakfast in the restaurant from a menu, but there are a lot of outdoor tables and outdoor soft seating areas., many of which face the main pool as well as landscaped outdoor areas closed to cars. I'd describe it as gardens but it's the arid style of landscaping.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:18 pm

Just staid at the PH Chicago and Nomi had a great outdoor patio that you can have breakfast on.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
HR Maui has great views of the sunset! Same with GH Kauai. Very enjoyable breakfast and light appetizers/dinner there.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

Cape in Cabo serves a wonderful breakfast on their terrace overlooking the water and El Arco. However it is not a low point redemption property.
Dsnow0819 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Hyatt Place Los Cabos - They have a small outdoor patio area. Yes, it would NOT appropriate for a best list but it definitely ticks your low point category requirement at 5K.
Hyatt Regency BKK - I do not know if the lounge is doing breakfast yet but the lounge has an outdoor patio. I am sure I saw an small outdoor area at the main restaurant also but I never ventured out there as I saw someone smoking. I consider this one pretty good value at 8K per night particularly given current cash prices.
Hyatt Regency Zurich and Hyatt Place - Both have outdoor seating but I only saw the Hyatt Regency actually set up the tables for breakfast but I am pretty sure you could go out at the Hyatt Place also. I don't know that I consider either one a great value on points. I am not sure what your cutoff is for a low point redemption would be, but guessing these might not qualify. You didn't mention the month you are traveling but this one would be a no go during the winter of course.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Hyatt Centric Murano and Unbound Sofia Barcelona both served very nice breakfasts outdoors recently.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:03 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Would especially appreciate advice for low category point redemptions.
For low category redemptions, GH and HR Bali are your best choice for outdoors club lounges with pleasant spaces. HR Kuantan also has a club with an outdoor area, but it's nothing special and closed per current reports. HR Hua Hin and Danang, while not low category, also have club lounges with an outdoor area. When it comes to outdoor breakfast at hotels with no club lounge, PH Siem Reap and Saigon are lovely. In fact, there are probably dozens of Hyatts where you can have breakfast outside, including places that don't initially spring to mind like Hotel Reisen Stockholm or Story Malmö.
SanDiego1K and js1993 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Just staid at the PH Chicago and Nomi had a great outdoor patio that you can have breakfast on.
You can drop down to a cat 5 and stay at the PH DC. The Blue Duck has a very good breakfast with pleasant outdoor seating.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: Lots
I believe there was an outdoor patio at the GH Muscat which is a Cat 4. It’s been a while since I was there and I don’t remember actually using it, possibly because of loud tourists or because smoking was allowed. I think there is a somewhat outdoor section at HR Dubai Deira but also avoided that one as smoking was permitted.

Closer to home the HR Bellevue had an outdoor patio but not sure what the current status of that lounge is.

None of these seemed very special so may not be what you’re looking for but you never know.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

PH Abu Dhabi has al fresco breakfast seating at the Cafe and a lot of other outdoor dining spots.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
....I haven't stayed at any of the Miravals but I imagine they likewise have outdoor seating options for the (included) meals...
Miraval Austin has an outdoor area behind their main restaurant with a distant view of Lake Travis. The pool also has a food menu.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't been there for a while but from what I remember the breakfast at the Andaz in San Diego is very good and has outdoor dining.
Biggie Fries likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.