Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Elite night credits at Hyatt Vacation Club promo stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM

Does anyone know if the discounted promotional stays for Hyatt Vacation club, requiring a timeshare presentation are granted elite night credits?

I can't seem to find any info on it. Have a potential visit to Legoland, and this offer seems pretty good (if stay credit is given)

San Diego HVC Offer​​​​​​
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:11 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sammybk
Does anyone know if the discounted promotional stays for Hyatt Vacation club, requiring a timeshare presentation are granted elite night credits?

I can't seem to find any info on it. Have a potential visit to Legoland, and this offer seems pretty good (if stay credit is given)

San Diego HVC Offer​​​​​​
I don't see any explicit statement saying you will not get WoH benefits such as what you'll find for Hyatt Residence Club offers:

"Due to the special nature of this offer, we are unable to offer World of Hyatt member benefits."

but neither is there any indication you will get WoH benefits. Given that neither HVC or HRC are affiliated with Hyatt and are only using the Hyatt trademarks under license, I wouldn't expect to get EQNs or any other WoH benefit.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:44 pm

No benefits or credits on timeshare stays
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Let’s say this was a paid stay on cash or points what benefits are even offered at The Welk for Globalists?

I stayed here with family last summer prior to the Hyatt transition (they owned a timeshare). They didn’t offer any sort of daily breakfast or any extras you had a couple barbecues outside your building for anyone to use, 3 pool areas, tennis courts, a grocery store on site, an arcade a gym or 2 and a rec room. The “suites” were about the size of a junior suite at most Hyatts but were spread out the hallways quite thin, but a tiny kitchen and tiny living room
combined just separated by the couch.

Everywhere on site had security and security checkpoints you got a car pass at check in to get through the security posts.

It’s VERY secluded in the mountains quite a drive from downtown San Diego roughly 30 minutes or more.

But I am definitely interested in -

1) What Benefits if any are offered either with a presentation or paying a rate.

2) What happens to those who own a timeshare there, I’m assuming nothing if it’s entirely paid off just business as usual annual upkeep check to Hyatt instead of Welk. But that’s OT so if no answer that’s fine my family is wondering as they’ve had the timeshare 10 years and just paid it off a year or two ago it was good at any Welk owned property.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:45 pm

Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's weird, one of their latest promos highlights this property: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34149458-post1340.html
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by kevinjm
That's weird, one of their latest promos highlights this property: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34149458-post1340.html
It is definitely Odd as they’ve never run the 500 points bonus for an SLH as far as I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.