Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatts in Key West

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Hyatts in Key West

Curious for the opinions of the group: In Key West, FL, for this summer thoughts about the Centric vs. HRC Beach House? (The other two HRC's there are not available)

Have read the FT thread for the former and seems to be getting a needed face lift in August (i.e. after we'd be there). The latter seems to maybe have bigger/nicer rooms but suboptimal location and no restaurant on site? Maybe I missed a thread on that one?

Thanks so much to all in advance.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:15 am

I've been going to Key West for 30 years and have stayed all over town-guest houses, BNBs, house rentals, etc. And most recently, at the Centric. And that would be my first choice for my next visit. The location is absolutely perfect-right on the water but within easy walking distance to anything and everything. The physical plant is nice but not luxury. But the staff are great and the waterfront restaurant is on a par with anything else in town. The hotel is very popular and extremely expensive, even with points. And management is very stingy with upgrades. But it (and the neighboring Pier House) are in the town's very best location.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by JetAway
I've been going to Key West for 30 years and have stayed all over town-guest houses, BNBs, house rentals, etc. And most recently, at the Centric. And that would be my first choice for my next visit. The location is absolutely perfect-right on the water but within easy walking distance to anything and everything. The physical plant is nice but not luxury. But the staff are great and the waterfront restaurant is on a par with anything else in town. The hotel is very popular and extremely expensive, even with points. And management is very stingy with upgrades. But it (and the neighboring Pier House) are in the town's very best location.
The Centric is undergoing some construction, unfortunately:

We want to share that Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa is scheduled to undergo an enhancement project to update the terrace around a portion of the property's meeting space from August 14-October 1, 2022. The hotel is expected to remain open throughout the enhancement project and will continue to accept new and existing reservations.

Certain amenities and facilities may be temporarily unavailable during this time, including:

• Pool, Pool Deck, Hot Tub – August 14-August 31, 2022. Complimentary pool passes and transportation will be available at nearby lodging.

• SHOR Restaurant – August 14-October 1, 2022. Blue Mojito Bar & Grill and In-Room Dining will remain open offering breakfast, lunch and dinner.

During this time, construction is scheduled Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and construction-related noise disturbances can be expected.

Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
The Centric is undergoing some construction, unfortunately:
I believe the OP will be in KW before the Centric renovations.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
I believe the OP will be in KW before the Centric renovations.
We have a 2 night stay planned for late February- trying to decide on a points stay for 2 nights
Centric 60k - as you said seems very nice
Kimpton Winslow 200k - also has nice reviews but no beach?
WA or Curio 190k - very mixed reviews plus we try to do 5th night free
All 3 seem to run around $1000/night
We have enough points in all 3 programs but our only status is with Hilton
My wife would prefer a nice combo of beach and town stuff, I think we will come in from Ft. Myers so probably take the ferry.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:52 pm

The very nice WA (which has had several identities over time) is a long walk from town center and the harbor area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.