Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Condesa Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Condesa Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by AllThePants
Hmm - ok, so I snagged one of the$39+6K suites -- but am about to release it. As good of a deal as it is, it's probably unrealistic for me to schlep the whole family/crew down there -- and we'd have to end up booking another room anyway. And I need the points back for other things right now.

So -- not at all sure if it'll actually become bookable online, or even if it does at what price -- but there's a 7-night stay from 4/8 coming back into inventory in 3...2...1...
I guess it didn't go back to the inventory? Not that I need those nights, but I was just curious whether the website would show the availability.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I guess it didn't go back to the inventory? Not that I need those nights, but I was just curious whether the website would show the availability.
I've typically found that for suites they typically don't. Either there's a time delay or some human-in-the-middle gate that has to open before they get re-listed.

Notably -- one of the tricks some peeps try to pull is to "book" a standard suite and lurk until a standard award room shows up -- with the goal of booking the room, cancelling the suite, and then immediately applying a TSU to secure the just-released suite.

Not that I'd know

But regardless, this doesn't work -- and the time-delay / manual re-release is probably a mechanism to prevent this potential gaming of the system.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:03 pm

Hmm -- except it looks like it did show back up in inventory -- just only available on a cash rate. No price-mistake points rate bookable anymore:

Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:20 pm

Not surprised that this might happen but just received a letter from Hyatt Consumer Affairs cancelling my reservation under the low suite room rate.
Below is an excerpt:
Unfortunately, for a short period, an incorrect room rate was displayed for Andaz Mexico City Condesa on our website. As soon as we learned of this, we quickly resolved the issue. We sincerely apologize for this inadvertent error.
As a result of this situation, the hotel will not be able to honor your reservation. Your reservation has been canceled at this time in accordance with the Hyatt.com terms and conditions. If you wish to rebook your stay at Andaz Mexico City Condesa or another Hyatt hotel, please contact Hyatt Customer Care toll-free at 1-800-233-1234.
We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused, and thank you in advance for your understanding. We hope to welcome you for a stay soon at Andaz Mexico City Condesa.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by surikatina
Not surprised that this might happen but just received a letter from Hyatt Consumer Affairs cancelling my reservation under the low suite room rate.
Below is an excerpt:
Unfortunately, for a short period, an incorrect room rate was displayed for Andaz Mexico City Condesa on our website. As soon as we learned of this, we quickly resolved the issue. We sincerely apologize for this inadvertent error.
As a result of this situation, the hotel will not be able to honor your reservation. Your reservation has been canceled at this time in accordance with the Hyatt.com terms and conditions. If you wish to rebook your stay at Andaz Mexico City Condesa or another Hyatt hotel, please contact Hyatt Customer Care toll-free at 1-800-233-1234.
We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused, and thank you in advance for your understanding. We hope to welcome you for a stay soon at Andaz Mexico City Condesa.
When was your reservation? Surprised they haven't started doing the same for those that got Numu in San Miguel de Allende, a category 6, back when they mistakenly listed it as a category 1.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan
When was your reservation? Surprised they haven't started doing the same for those that got Numu in San Miguel de Allende, a category 6, back when they mistakenly listed it as a category 1.
My reservation was for 4 nights in March. It's still listed under my reservations. If it's not removed soon, I guess I should manually cancel it so I can at least get my costs and points refunded.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Well, that's absurd. This was available for months. Treating it like a flash mistake sale and not offering any alternative is absurd.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveholt
Well, that's absurd. This was available for months. Treating it like a flash mistake sale and not offering any alternative is absurd.
And then waiting more than two weeks on it, while people made plans around it. Pathetic.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:44 pm

I got the same email which sucks because I booked my trip around it(flights, etc etc). Do I have any options here? Is it worth calling up Hyatt ?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
And then waiting more than two weeks on it, while people made plans around it. Pathetic.
Yes, this is very un-Hyatt-like. I stayed a week on last mistake rate in Paris and it was the best time ever. I just can't fathom why they decided not to honor it...
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:13 am

This is unacceptable given that it has been almost 3 weeks since I booked the room. I booked flights and was looking forward to visiting Mexico city. Hyatt did not give any alternative solutions. Hyatt made a mistake, acknowledged it, but will not take any responsibility of their mistake. Very unprofessional.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:56 am

Data Point: Booked for July '23 and no email yet regarding cancellation. The hotel also has a note on my reservation about adding a rollaway bed for $20/night, not sure if that makes any difference, or if it's simply because my reservation is so far out. Either way I'm probably only about 20% likely to use it.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got the email, but my reservation is still in my account and the points have not been returned.

Could they be having second thoughts? Or are they just trying to be as unprofessional as possible about this?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Hyatt Concierge Response

I messaged Hyatt Concierge on Twitter about this, and here’s their response:
Old Nov 9, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
If it were for all room types I’d understand but having this one suite type which would mostly be used for complimentary upgrades anyway (as it’s the base standard suite) sold out for the year would actually be good for the property as it’s a new property.

6k points which are worth ~$100 + $39 so $139, I mean for Mexico City it’s not horrible. Though I’d suspect the hotel would get $50ish for the 6k points on most dates so only $89, which is why they pressed the issue with Hyatt.

I don’t think it’s good customer service on Hyatt’s behalf to cancel these reservations, especially this far since booking as many have booked trips, some non-refundable. Those with flights and everything who have an MHC might explore complaining through them to either be able to keep the reservation or receive compensation (6,000 points).

While Hyatt does have the right to cancel, it’s not very guest friendly and they have always been known as being guest friendly so my guess is going through MHC and explaining flights were booked, and so on May yield some help, it also may not but you never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.