Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Cosmopolitan will stay partnered with Marriott after MGM purchase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

https://milestomemories.com/cosmopolitan-las-vegas-continuing-marriott-partnership/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=facebook
hope it is not really true, was hoping to stay at Cosmo after the transition to use the MGM gold benefits
Old May 13, 2022, 11:56 am

Is this the cosmopolitan in Las Vegas? We stayed at Bellagio and I kept looking at the cosmo with the balconies and wishing we had stayed there.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
https://milestomemories.com/cosmopolitan-las-vegas-continuing-marriott-partnership/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=facebook
hope it is not really true, was hoping to stay at Cosmo after the transition to use the MGM gold benefits
I could be wrong, but presumably MGM Gold benefits (waived resort fee, etc) would be usable once it transitions to MGM. But you wouldn’t be able to earn Hyatt nights/points or use points.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whitewave
Is this the cosmopolitan in Las Vegas? We stayed at Bellagio and I kept looking at the cosmo with the balconies and wishing we had stayed there.
Yes, but Cosmo even on the weekdays (sun-wed low occupancy days) still charge more than double compare to Bellagio, if you use Marriott points it is like 75K+ per night vs Bellagio is only about 21K-29K Hyatt points as cat 6, I wouldn't want to stay at Cosmo at all under Marriott with the rates they are charging
whitewave likes this.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 13, 2022 at 4:06 pm
Old May 13, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Yes, but Cosmo even on the weekdays (sun-wed low occupancy days) still charge more than double compare to Bellagio, if you use Marriott points it is like 75K+ per night vs Bellagio is only about 30K Hyatt points as cat 6, I wouldn't want to stay at Cosmo at all under Marriott with the rates they are charging
This isn't all that much different given the value of each point. Obviously everyone has different values, but using FM's Reasonable Redemption Values, 75K Marriott points are $563, while 30K Hyatt points are $480.
skj likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Well that sucks
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveholt
This isn't all that much different given the value of each point. Obviously everyone has different values, but using FM's Reasonable Redemption Values, 75K Marriott points are $563, while 30K Hyatt points are $480.
FYI, don't forget the $45 per night resort fee at Cosmo
steveholt and whitewave like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
That's true, but isn't it also the case that the MGM resort fees are still charged on Hyatt point stays? I know they're waived for direct bookings at Gold or above, but I didn't believe they were waived for Globalists on point stays.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm Marriott Gold and Hyatt Globalist/MGM Gold. I'm happy that the Cosmo is staying with the Marriott. I love my Cosmo. It's my favorite hotel in Vegas and that's where I will always stay. I'm not a fan of the vibe of the MGM properties. I don't like how they are managed and the staff mostly seem miserable/just getting through the day. Very different from the staff I encounter at the Cosmo...And when I make the comparison, I'm talking about staff at the Bellagio and Aria which are one of the higher tier MGM properties.

I get many comps with MGM, but have no problems paying for my quality experience at the Cosmo
whitewave likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:05 pm

😳😳 thanks for this! I didn’t realize I’d have to add another $45 to the room
Old May 13, 2022, 5:06 pm

Hopefully we can at least charge restaurant meals to our room at another MGM property for Hyatt points. Cosmo has some good eats.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I'm Marriott Gold and Hyatt Globalist/MGM Gold. I'm happy that the Cosmo is staying with the Marriott. I love my Cosmo. It's my favorite hotel in Vegas and that's where I will always stay. I'm not a fan of the vibe of the MGM properties. I don't like how they are managed and the staff mostly seem miserable/just getting through the day. Very different from the staff I encounter at the Cosmo...And when I make the comparison, I'm talking about staff at the Bellagio and Aria which are one of the higher tier MGM properties.

I get many comps with MGM, but have no problems paying for my quality experience at the Cosmo
These are all fair arguments, but I don't see what it has to do with Marriott.

I agree about the lousy service at Aria, but I don't think it has any relation to the Hyatt partnership, and I don't think that Cosmo leadership would change its view of proper levels of service if they changed to having a Hyatt affiliation instead.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.