Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New AI Resorts: "Actual room category assigned at arrival" flash sale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 8:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

Anyone else notice these strange terms and conditions when booking these new AI resorts through Hyatt?

You have no idea what room type you're booking into. All the T&C says is "100% penalty nonrefundable. Actual room category assigned at arrival".

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like some "manager's special", where you'll end up in the lowest room category at arrival?

Old May 10, 2022, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Yes, it sounds to me like a mystery deal, similar to the Manager's Special that Hertz, Dollar, and some other companies offer where they basically offer you a lower rate for a mystery car and you receive an economy or higher category vehicle at the company's discretion.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Bet you'll get the Presidential Suite.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
$180 is fantastic for AI. Which one is this and for when? I didn't see any particular sales on AI properties.
Old May 11, 2022, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars

this sounds like some "manager's special", where you'll end up in the lowest room category at arrival?
Yeah of course, that's exactly what it looks like. Is this for one guest?
Old May 12, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At some of these properties the base level room may be quite nice. Look at the room description and if you are happy paying that price for the base level room, go for it. If you get an even better room, great.

If you would not be happy with the base level room then look elsewhere.
notquiteaff and lowfareair like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Well, you see it's a great deal. It's possibly the base room so there isn't any bait and switch here....I would say don't be one of those people who complain that you didn't get the oceanfront suite or the penthouse upgrade. If you are happy with the base room take it, but just know there's a good chance you will not get anything higher than that.

There's no science or anything extensive to solve here
notquiteaff and PG.backpacker like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:02 pm

Maybe a dumb question but how is this different than a base room with maybe some small chance of upgrade? Seems like only upside especially if cheaper than base…
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jameswes
$180 is fantastic for AI. Which one is this and for when? I didn't see any particular sales on AI properties.
Looks like they pulled the sale. This was for any 3 nights in June at the Dreams Playa Bonita Panama. Did not enter any promo code.

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Yeah of course, that's exactly what it looks like. Is this for one guest?
2 guests

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.