Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

London, UK: suggestions for Hyatt hotels: best value?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Am not an expert on London. Any personal experience suggestions there for Summer of 2022?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Book now. Everything is super expensive and getting more so by the day. You're looking at $400-500/night for most places in July and August.

The best values are east of "the city" For Hyatt properties, that would be the Hyatt Place and the Andaz (for some dates)

The downside is that most tourist sites (other than the Tower) are in the West End. So you might be riding the Underground a bit if you stay at one of these properties.
EuropeanPete and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It’s a good time to use points. If you are by yourself and happy to stay in a single bed, a couple of the SLH hotels have 1-2 single rooms in very expensive locations but at a “reasonable” price.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
UK is absolutely the worst when it comes to finding any decent cpp redemptions/cash rate deals. Only during the cold/winter times do any uk hotels offer lower rates, because you'd have to be out of your mind to be there during the cold 😬😬
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
If you're interested in a higher end property, I just finished a stay at the Great Scotland Yard and thought it was a good value relative to other similar (non-Hyatt) properties, paying cash. I posted a review on the review thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34110474-post101.html), short version is that if you can put up with the smallish rooms the property otherwise is comparable to others that are much more expensive. I'm going to be returning with my family this summer, again paying cash.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by best
Am not an expert on London. Any personal experience suggestions there for Summer of 2022?
when you did a Search what happened? I cant believe no threads popped up

that said from what Ive read its a Love?Hate issue with the different Hotels. Its best to 1st decide what is more important to you the location of the hotel or room size and other benefits. eg I LOVE walking especially in London so room size would be more important, you might want everything to be right outside your hotels front door. Theres a great subway/bus system in London so you can any where fast
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by craz
when you did a Search what happened? I cant believe no threads popped up

that said from what Ive read its a Love?Hate issue with the different Hotels. Its best to 1st decide what is more important to you the location of the hotel or room size and other benefits. eg I LOVE walking especially in London so room size would be more important, you might want everything to be right outside your hotels front door. Theres a great subway/bus system in London so you can any where fast
”Fast” is relative in this context. An awkward part of West london to east london could easily take you over 45min. Journeys though central london are often over 20min.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
The only places reasonably priced will be the Hyatt places. The others are usually quite expensive with the Andaz being a bit cheaper. Hyatt is pretty high in London. I can get the Hilton Bankside for much less than any Hyatt property. Hyatt is my main but I’m not paying that much more when I can get a very nice hotel for much less.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
The only places reasonably priced will be the Hyatt places. The others are usually quite expensive with the Andaz being a bit cheaper. Hyatt is pretty high in London. I can get the Hilton Bankside for much less than any Hyatt property. Hyatt is my main but I’m not paying that much more when I can get a very nice hotel for much less.
Even as a Hyatt fan boy, I have to agree. Overall, your best values that are reasonably close to things will be:

1) Properties around the South Kensington area -- near the Albert Hall and the very wonderful Victoria & Albert Museum
2) Properties near (mostly West of) Marble Arch

Marriott, IHG, and Hilton all have reasonably priced properties in these areas. Hyatt unfortunately does not.

If you want to branch outside of major chains, there are some alternatives that most people don't consider. For example, Club Quarters has a reasonably priced property very close to Covent Garden. With an Associate ABA membership (which anyone can get), it's very cheap.

If you want to go dirt cheap with awesome locations, try "LSE Vacations" As a former LSE student, I can attest the housing wasn't bad!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:32 pm

Some of the Hyatt Places are < GBP 100/night for the last weekend of June (seems like a steal!) vs 400+ for Hyatt Regency and SLH. Value is what you get vs what you pay so for some (like me) HR London Churchill is absolutely the best value. If this was meant as where do I get the lowest price, HP it is!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Some of the Hyatt Places are < GBP 100/night for the last weekend of June (seems like a steal!) vs 400+ for Hyatt Regency and SLH. Value is what you get vs what you pay so for some (like me) HR London Churchill is absolutely the best value. If this was meant as where do I get the lowest price, HP it is!
You do NOT want to stay at HP LHR or HP Hayes for a tourist trip to London.

HP City East is probably fine at the right price for the cost conscious, since you are a short District Line ride away from Westminster, etc.

Andaz with a good weekend rate is probably the best option in terms of hotel quality / price.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You do NOT want to stay at HP LHR or HP Hayes for a tourist trip to London.

HP City East is probably fine at the right price for the cost conscious, since you are a short District Line ride away from Westminster, etc.

Andaz with a good weekend rate is probably the best option in terms of hotel quality / price.
I'm at Hayes end of this week for tourism (with a few days at the Marriott edition to burn 50k certs). For tourism you recommend I swap to andaz ? My impression was they were both near transit. Thanks in advance !
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
I'm at Hayes end of this week for tourism (with a few days at the Marriott edition to burn 50k certs). For tourism you recommend I swap to andaz ? My impression was they were both near transit. Thanks in advance !
You definitely want to change. Hayes is a very long way from any part of london you’d want to be in. It’s a bit like visiting New York and staying near EWR.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You definitely want to change. Hayes is a very long way from any part of london you’d want to be in. It’s a bit like visiting New York and staying near EWR.
Thanks a bunch, just canceled Hayes and booked for andaz. Seems a good chance of suite availability so far if we check in early. Only 2 nights so won't burn a SUA.

OT: Any recommendation for testing for US entry? Do hotels help or up to use to find a spot or do it at airport ?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Thanks a bunch, just canceled Hayes and booked for andaz. Seems a good chance of suite availability so far if we check in early. Only 2 nights so won't burn a SUA.

OT: Any recommendation for testing for US entry? Do hotels help or up to use to find a spot or do it at airport ?
good job moving this, Hayes is miles away from anywhere you’d want to go. Hyatt Place East is really good value and where we choose to stay for staycations (I live in London).
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.