Search

Gift Card locations list

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Gift Card locations list

I tried Searching and nothing popped up

@ Milestone 40 1 choice is a $100 Gift Card and I remember from the past that its only good at certain hotels and within NA & SA. I bookmarked the link but it doesnt open, when I get onto the Hyatt GC page the link on top also doesnt open (I believe its the 1 I bookmarked)

Was wondering if anyone has the list that they can post , better yet is a way to open the list for myself

TIA
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:50 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by craz
I tried Searching and nothing popped up

@ Milestone 40 1 choice is a $100 Gift Card and I remember from the past that its only good at certain hotels and within NA & SA. I bookmarked the link but it doesnt open, when I get onto the Hyatt GC page the link on top also doesnt open (I believe its the 1 I bookmarked)

Was wondering if anyone has the list that they can post , better yet is a way to open the list for myself

TIA
I found this link in the help pages on hyatt.com:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/gift-certificates.html

https://www.buyatab.com/custom/hyatt...tgiftcards.com

The „Participating Locations“ tab is somehow not responding at this time…
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I found this link in the help pages on hyatt.com:

https://www.buyatab.com/custom/hyatt...tgiftcards.com

The „Participating Locations“ tab is somehow not responding at this time…
yep this is what I was referring to in my 1st post 1st time that 'Participating... didnt open I tried both Chrome and FireFox thought maybe it was my computer that was messing up, thx for letting me it wasnt me

Have a rev stay booked but may change to pts if I cant confirm they will take the GC, Im not gonna call since I doubt Id get a correct answer from the hotel. Last year I ran into the hotel telling me I was suppose to hand it over when I checked in, the year before the opposite when I wanted to hand it over when I checked in I was told I had to hand it over only when I checked out( 2 different hotels and next week isnt with either of them)

Ive also had hotels lose it on me but they credited me anyways and yes Ive called in the past and got all sort of answers , most have no idea of what Im talking about and think its a reg GC and start telling me all sorts of nonsense, thats why I wanted to check the list to see if its on it
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These are different from other Hyatt GCs? I’ve never noticed and never had a problem redeeming one except at a brand new Hyatt.

Granted, only getting one per year I don’t have a lot of experience either.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
These are different from other Hyatt GCs? I’ve never noticed and never had a problem redeeming one except at a brand new Hyatt.

Granted, only getting one per year I don’t have a lot of experience either.
Yet from the email with my options, " *Gift Card is valid at participating Hyatt hotels in North and South America including the Caribbean." thusly one cant rely on that there will be no problems, I even posted up thread I had problems at hotels that were on the list in the past.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:20 am

I am closing in on milestone 40 and was planning on getting the GC. I'd never considered that a Hyatt GC wouldn't be good at every Hyatt. Kinda wonky.
And I also couldn't get the participating locations link to open.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rhg247
I am closing in on milestone 40 and was planning on getting the GC. I'd never considered that a Hyatt GC wouldn't be good at every Hyatt. Kinda wonky.
And I also couldn't get the participating locations link to open.

From what I recall there was a list of each State (if there was at least 1 prop that accepted it) and in () was the # of hotels that would take it and it was far from every Hyatt prop in each State, also for non_US props there was a list as well. So definitely it was far from 100% of all Hyatts accepting it When you clicked on the name of The State a picture list was shown of the hotels that accepted it
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this link is for all gift cards, but you can see a copy here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200309...Locations.aspx
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I think this link is for all gift cards, but you can see a copy here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200309...Locations.aspx
thx but it doesnt open up for me, if it opens for you what browser did you use?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shows up for me in Chrome on my Mac. Also works in Safari for me.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Shows up for me in Chrome on my Mac. Also works in Safari for me.

Thx! I tried Chrome again nothing, then thought maybe I will try C&Ping your link in Chrome and that worked to an extent. It showed the names and how many props but the licks wouldnt open when clicked. Yet I saw a few Hotels listed starting with A so I scrolled down till I hit the State I was looking for and bingo the hotel was listed another one wasnt.

Dont have Safrai nor an Apple product
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thx! I tried Chrome again nothing, then thought maybe I will try C&Ping your link in Chrome and that worked to an extent. It showed the names and how many props but the licks wouldnt open when clicked. Yet I saw a few Hotels listed starting with A so I scrolled down till I hit the State I was looking for and bingo the hotel was listed another one wasnt.

Dont have Safrai nor an Apple product
It also opens for me in Firefox, although it takes quite a while.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yet from the email with my options, " *Gift Card is valid at participating Hyatt hotels in North and South America including the Caribbean." thusly one cant rely on that there will be no problems, I even posted up thread I had problems at hotels that were on the list in the past.
From my experience and research it’s valid at 100% of fully integrated Hyatt properties in North America.

I’ve had some not know how to process it, but it’s still valid, that was usually HH or HP all full service properties I’ve been to know how to use it easily.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:31 pm

Can someone help me with the comparison of the options of $100 credit or 5000 points?

Assume I have a stay that costs $100 plus $20 in tax.

If I pay the full $120, I get 1130 points (5 * 100 base points + 1.5 * 100 globalist bonus + 4 * 120 for credit card).

Add in the 5k points from the 40 night milestone and use a 1.7 cents per point conversion and that's worth $104

Alternatively, if I choose the $100 gift card and apply it to this stay, do I still pay $20 or is the tax ignored like it is on a category 1-4 stay?

And if I do have to pay the $20, am I just paying the tax? i.e. do I get 0 base points on the $20 that I spend?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by avogadro
Can someone help me with the comparison of the options of $100 credit or 5000 points?

Assume I have a stay that costs $100 plus $20 in tax.

If I pay the full $120, I get 1130 points (5 * 100 base points + 1.5 * 100 globalist bonus + 4 * 120 for credit card).

Add in the 5k points from the 40 night milestone and use a 1.7 cents per point conversion and that's worth $104

Alternatively, if I choose the $100 gift card and apply it to this stay, do I still pay $20 or is the tax ignored like it is on a category 1-4 stay?

And if I do have to pay the $20, am I just paying the tax? i.e. do I get 0 base points on the $20 that I spend?
Do the 10k FIND experience - It’s currently closed due to the pandemic and I’ve been told by Hyatt they’re just crediting customers the 10k points for the inconvenience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.