Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best US48 Hyatt Property in August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Hey all! I’m newer to Hyatt properties (within the last two years) but managed to reach globalist status last year thanks to them cutting the requirements in half.

My wife and I want to take a vacation in the month of August for about 6 days at which time she will be 7 months pregnant. I was hoping that some of you could offer some suggestions of properties to go stay at for this trip!

We have around 120, 000 points to use thanks to chase ultimate rewards, so the property would need to be a Category 5 or less so that we could pay for it in full with the points.

Ideally, we would like to stay at the property almost the whole time without having to leave much if at all for food or entertainment. We really just want to relax on site most of the time, so having a nice spa/pool area would be great.

Also, we would prefer to not travel to California.

Thanks for any and all suggestions! If you need more info or if the information I am looking for has already been in another thread, please let me know.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
That's tough if you remove California...

Maybe GH Nashville, or Thompson Savannah, but you might not want to be in a city for a week...

HR Scottsdale could work but if you're willing to go that far then why not something like HR Huntington Beach California (unless you've carved off all of California and only California, LOL)
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Here's an easy way to filter by category/state: https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels...1-NorthAmerica

Here's a list of resorts that I've either been to or heard good things about
Cat 5
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch
Wild Dunes Resort - Sweetgrass Inn and Boardwalk Inn
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa

Cat 4
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa
Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
KDeeZy01 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:18 am

I can vouch for the HR Grand Reserve Puerto Rico. For a Globalist on points it is extremely good value. Free parking, no resort fees (yes for all members), excellent breakfast, a decent lounge, and it's nice enough that I'd be ok without leaving the resort. The only warnings I'd give are

1) if you stay on resort the F&B options besides breakfast and lounge are very pricey
2) by August they may be serving globalist breakfast in the lounge instead of the restaurant which means the quality may suffer
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
That's tough if you remove California...

Maybe GH Nashville, or Thompson Savannah, but you might not want to be in a city for a week...

HR Scottsdale could work but if you're willing to go that far then why not something like HR Huntington Beach California (unless you've carved off all of California and only California, LOL)
Savannah in August , nuts way too humid

My take is almost all the hotels mentioned thus far are in very humid locations. OP maybe stay less nights at a higher Cat elsewhere
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by craz
Savannah in August , nuts way too humid

My take is almost all the hotels mentioned thus far are in very humid locations. OP maybe stay less nights at a higher Cat elsewhere
Agree with you, honestly the right answer in August is probably Colorado or Utah but points redemption at those places seems a waste since cash rates are often low in the summer. Rusty Parrot would also be interesting if it reopens.

August sucks for travel generally, the good places are overrun with kids and the weather sucks in most places anyhow.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:56 am

^this is true. As I wrote my support for the HR in Puerto Rico, I was thinking to myself...August may not be super enjoyable. (We were there in Jan)
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Agree with you, honestly the right answer in August is probably Colorado or Utah but points redemption at those places seems a waste since cash rates are often low in the summer. Rusty Parrot would also be interesting if it reopens.

August sucks for travel generally, the good places are overrun with kids and the weather sucks in most places anyhow.
Mos places in Utah that Id want to be at only have HPs. Colorado is a great idea as is New England, Seattle , Hill Country is going up to a Cat5, but Im sure its pure kids in the summer and would be anything but relaxing, heard good things about havent been yet

OP why not simply go to Hyatt.com and look up its Resorts and see which if any interest you. Thats what you need if you are looking to stay put. I wouldnt want to be a brick and mortar building for a week and not venture out - a hotel in a city and no place to get lost at.

https://www.hyatt.com/promo/hyatt-resorts

OP its a time share place but cant beat the views!
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/arizona/hyatt-residence-club-sedona-pinon-pointe/sedsh a Cat 4

Last edited by craz; Mar 8, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Mos places in Utah that Id want to be at only have HPs. Colorado is a great idea as is New England, Seattle , Hill Country is going up to a Cat5, but Im sure its pure kids in the summer and would be anything but relaxing, heard good things about havent been yet

OP why not simply go to Hyatt.com and look up its Resorts and see which if any interest you. Thats what you need if you are looking to stay put. I wouldnt want to be a brick and mortar building for a week and not venture out - a hotel in a city and no place to get lost at.
Yeah... when my wife was 7 months pregnant we did a week-ish in Puerto Rico split between the St Regis at the Hyatt Grand Reserve, eating all her favorite foods there. Lots of walking (beaches or just around the resort), which is good/necessary at that stage of things. We also did a weekend in NY and went to a Rangers game at MSG (they had just opened up at 10% capacity during covid), ate some good food.

The "don't want to leave the resort" is tough. The places that come to mind for that are Hyatt Grand Reserve PR, Hyatt Aruba... the residence club in Sedona is great as a base for the area but I can't imagine just sitting on property for 24 hours let alone a week. It'll also be overrun with kids.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:54 pm

HR Tahoe seems like it would fit bill and technically it’s not in CA (just over in NV, not sure what reason to solve for not CA is)
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:58 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Puerto Rico is US48?

HR Scottsdale Gainey Ranch (I love hot weather), HR Bonita Springs. But as others mentioned, probably packed with kids.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Andaz Scottsdale (and also HR Gainey Ranch) will be extremely hot but not humid, perhaps with some brief strong thunderstorms. Otherwise these would be good choices.

If OP were willing to consider CA, I'd suggest GH Manchester in San Diego, or a shorter trip to Big Sur or Napa.

Maybe GH Tampa Bay, but it will be pretty hot and humid.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:53 pm
Suspended

theres The Chesapeake Bay resort havent been and its going up to a Cat5

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ma...d-marina/chesa

no idea if it too is full of kids and problem with a hotel thats going up on 3/22 is they may already be soldout of award rooms or simply KOed all their Standard rooms till they are officially a higher Cat
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Grand Hyatt Vail?

Vail is nice in August. It's cat 6, but it's easy to find off-peak rate of 21k/night.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
If you "don't want to travel to California," I think you'd probably be right at home at the Hill Country Resort in San Antonio.

It's a very nice property with golf, several restaurants, and a lazy river. As a Globalist, I always get a suite upgrade. Breakfast is good. Since you're basically in the San Antonio suburbs, you can use Uber Eats (or another, perhaps non California based app) to have local restaurants delivered.

Yes, it will be hot in Texas in August, but the rooms are really comfortable and there's a lot to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.