Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
DP- My two night stay at Excaliber on 1st and 2nd has posted in my Hyatt account for the 2 nights and the 2272 bonus points on a $40.88 two night stay.
jerry a. laska and GUWonder like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
Has anyone booked via Hyatt (whether revenue or points) and got resort fees waived?
Just wondering why anyone would do this and risk not getting them waived as the terms specifically state must be booked through MGM.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by hur88
Another data point - checked in this week and the agent had to manually remove the resort fees from the reservation after verifying that I'm MGM Gold.
If you don't mind sharing, may I ask which MGM property this was at? Last week, I tested a single night stat at the Park MGM, and the resort fees never appeared on my bill--I didn't have to do anything.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:12 am

Booked a mixed comp/paid stay for later this month historically you’d get credit for all nights if at least one night was not comped. Booked a 4 night stay with 2 paid, and 2 comped I’ll post back if I get any Hyatt credit.

Last time I tried this I was told flat out from FDA that they would not even add my WOH number to the reservation because I wouldn’t get credit. Trying a different property and hoping the waived resort fee doesn’t impact that or cause any issues.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Last time I tried this I was told flat out from FDA that they would not even add my WOH number to the reservation because I wouldn’t get credit.
What? I can only imagine it may have been someone know who just didn't know how to do it. Try this next, should this occur again. After your reservation, call the Mlife desk to ensure your Hyatt number is associated with your reservation, and that you've selected to earn WOH as your partner rewards.

In my experience, and this is gonna sound funny, but once your rewards number is on record, I don't even think the FD can remove it. I've tried removing my WN, but the 600 miles still pops up from time to time.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
What? I can only imagine it may have been someone know who just didn't know how to do it. Try this next, should this occur again. After your reservation, call the Mlife desk to ensure your Hyatt number is associated with your reservation, and that you've selected to earn WOH as your partner rewards.

In my experience, and this is gonna sound funny, but once your rewards number is on record, I don't even think the FD can remove it. I've tried removing my WN, but the 600 miles still pops up from time to time.
I’ll try -

The FDA specifically said that because there’s a mix of comp and paid nights it’d be like double dipping as you’re using MLife benefits and earning Hyatt points/nights.

This was at Delano. Upcoming stay is at NYNY which I’m not too optimistic about, but hoping for the best in terms of earning Hyatt credit.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
If you don't mind sharing, may I ask which MGM property this was at? Last week, I tested a single night stat at the Park MGM, and the resort fees never appeared on my bill--I didn't have to do anything.
This was at Excalibur.
The agent even took out their notes on how to remove the fees from the system.

Maybe an agent reviewed your Park MGM reservation and removed the fees for you without you asking.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:37 am

I’ll try -

The FDA specifically said that because there’s a mix of comp and paid nights it’d be like double dipping as you’re using MLife benefits and earning Hyatt points/nights.

This was at Delano. Upcoming stay is at NYNY which I’m not too optimistic about, but hoping for the best in terms of earning Hyatt credit.
While I haven't read the T&Cs, the agent is wrong here. While comped nights officially do not earn Hyatt EQNs, whatever you may spend during your stay most assuredly does; and, the only way this could happen is if your WOH is attached to your reservation. I suspect, hindsight is 20/20, that if you had called the Mlife desk after checkin, they'd have put in your WOH number.

Originally Posted by hur88
This was at Excalibur.
The agent even took out their notes on how to remove the fees from the system.

Maybe an agent reviewed your Park MGM reservation and removed the fees for you without you asking.
Interesting. I always check my app to see what charges appear, just so I'll know if I have to drop the by FD to take care of anything that shouldn't be on there during check out. The resort fee just never appeared, as it usually had before Feb 1st.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:52 am

I wonder if matched status vs earned status makes a difference in the auto resort fee removal. For those that have stayed post Feb 1, can you edit your post to include this info?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:17 am

Well, I'll be there for Super Bowl weekend. Of course, given the prices, I'm going the 100% comped route here. However, if I see a really cheapo rate anywhere on Monday or Tuesday, I'll try it again to see if the resort fee's purged automatically. Worth it to get an EQN just to trigger the 2022 Hyatt bonus points.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Just wondering why anyone would do this and risk not getting them waived as the terms specifically state must be booked through MGM.
assuming one is booking using points, has to do through Hyatt. Just seeing if is the same and if anyone has “tested” it so far. Plus, if one books through passkey (conference booking), which the deposit is taken by the property itself, seems direct but not sure if conference rate are excluded from the waiver.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Has anyone booked via Hyatt (whether revenue or points) and got resort fees waived?
It's quite clear that you have to book direct through MGM to qualify for the resort fee waiver. Maybe it might work when you book via Hyatt, but why risk it?

2 Applicable daily resort fees will be waived on up to two room reservations per trip when an eligible member books direct, under their name, with MGM Resorts International and his/her eligible MGM Rewards account number is attached to such reservations. To redeem, the eligible member may be required to visit the Front Desk during their stay to confirm eligibility and request waiver of the daily resort fee (e.g., if member advances to eligible Tier level during stay). Not applicable to reservations associated with convention, trade show and/or group sales unless billed to the qualifying member.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:34 pm

assuming one is booking using points, has to do through Hyatt. Just seeing if is the same and if anyone has “tested” it so far. Plus, if one books through passkey (conference booking), which the deposit is taken by the property itself, seems direct but not sure if conference rate are excluded from the waiver.
Points bookings get waived resort fees, even at MLife properties regardless of status. Not sure if that’s new but I did call in and ask just now. I said if I made an award booking at MGM Grand would I have waived resort fees being that it is an MLife property the agent on the phone said yes. Another note is they are also following the Peak/Off Peak for MLife which is good to see.

Also the other poster’s quote of the terms excludes conference and similar rates.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Points bookings get waived resort fees, even at MLife properties regardless of status. Not sure if that’s new but I did call in and ask just now. I said if I made an award booking at MGM Grand would I have waived resort fees being that it is an MLife property the agent on the phone said yes. Another note is they are also following the Peak/Off Peak for MLife which is good to see.

Also the other poster’s quote of the terms excludes conference and similar rates.
Got it… thought mgm were excluded from the No resort fee, maybe that was the globalist no resort fee on paid stay.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Got it… thought mgm were excluded from the No resort fee, maybe that was the globalist no resort fee on paid stay.
according to Hyatt,

Do World of Hyatt members pay resort fees on free night awards redeemed at the participating MGM Rewards destinations?

Yes, World of Hyatt members will be required to pay resort fees on free night awards redeemed at participating MGM Rewards destinations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.