Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
It is not worth to get a manager if the upgrade is just to get a different view, many properties charge more just for strip view vs mountains/pool view, even for Excalibur
If the upgrade is worthwhile like the one I get “Stay Well Rooms” then I consider it definitely worth the extra 5 minutes to get a manager and be moved to an upgraded room as it’s within my published benefits.

Let’s say it’s $15 extra per night plus tax it’s roughly $17 extra per night over 6 nights that’s $102 extra which is definitely worthwhile to me as they are significantly better than the base rooms.

If it’s not available (showing on MGM.com or Hyatt.com) then of course I wouldn’t ask or push for it but if it’s available and within what my status benefits allow then I see no reason not to do so. The more who push for it the more common and easy the upgrades become. But if no one claims the benefits they are entitled to then staff become more used to not providing them.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Just hoping I don’t have to get up early and re-check in.

You’re entitled to an upgrade as it’s a published benefit. Not a Suite upgrade but a preferred room upgrade just like Hyatt gives to an Explorist. They likely won’t do it proactively but if you ask and mention that the upgrade would be based on your Gold/Platinum status they’d kind of be obligated to provide it if you can show it’d available.
You may need to get the key remade, but you should be able to go down any time the day of to do that on the day of departure for the first reservation.

I know upgrades are a published benefit, but I never get one at MGM, Park, Aria, or Bellagio. (I have gotten them on FHR rates at Delano, Nomad, and Bellagio, but that's a separate program.) Maybe they gave me a "better" view as an upgrade once or twice since most properties consider that to be a higher category, but since at most places I'd rather have a mountain view, I probably didn't notice and/or would have asked for a room with my preferred view.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Doppy
You may need to get the key remade, but you should be able to go down any time the day of to do that on the day of departure for the first reservation.

I know upgrades are a published benefit, but I never get one at MGM, Park, Aria, or Bellagio. (I have gotten them on FHR rates at Delano, Nomad, and Bellagio, but that's a separate program.) Maybe they gave me a "better" view as an upgrade once or twice since most properties consider that to be a higher category, but since at most places I'd rather have a mountain view, I probably didn't notice and/or would have asked for a room with my preferred view.
I definitely agree that they will not be proactively done based on MGM status. However, alerting a Manager to honor a published benefit should be easy enough and has worked 3/3 of the last trips.

It’s not like the manager can say that they have the room available but will not honor your benefits.
Doppy likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:08 am

Anyone have resort fees waived for 3 rooms? Terms state up to 2 rooms.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
From my experience at Luxor you have to do it, I have to go down to front desk to rekey my room keys.

That depends on property despite it is a publish benefit. Weekends it is unlikely at any property as weekends are the busiest in Vegas.

Luxor: no, if you beg, they "might" move you from the pyramid to tower, but definitely no suites unless you book a suite, but I had paid as low as $54 for tower one bedroom suite many times via my MGM offers

Excalibur: no

MGM grand: one category usually, like west wing king to grand king

Mirage: 50%

​​​​​Mandalay bay: 50%

Delano: no, they would rather sell me an upgrade

Bellagio: 50%

NYNY: no, even if they "upgrade" you from park Ave king to park Ave premier king, you only get a bigger room but same old dated crappy room, that's why they just started a renovation project

Park MGM: no
​​​​​​
Thanks for posting your upgrade experience at the various MGM properties--helpful. I can add that I received a suite upgrade at Vdara last April, 3 weeknights. Separate bedroom, dining table, full kitchen etc . Can't remember if it was automatic, but I probably asked at the front desk if there were any upgrades available and they cheerfully gave me the (very nice) suite. I booked whatever the lowest category room was--love this property BTW but their rates seem to have gone up now.

Regarding multiple nights/reservations, I can again relay recent experience with Park MGM (haven't stayed yet). I have 3 weeknights at a very low MGM Gold promo rate, next night Friday paid ($$$), then Saturday night used Hyatt category 1-4 cert. The MGM web site under My Trips doesn't list all upcoming stays--very annoying (you have to input confirmation numbers) . So I emailed Park MGM and received a reply within a few hours confirming yes, my stays were all noted. Plus the CSR asked if I'd like him to link the stays so I could stay in the same room and wouldn't have to re-key or go downstairs each time. Yes Please! Of course remains to be seen if it all happens as seamlessly as I'm counting on.

Based on ORDnHKG's experience I won't anticipate a nice upgrade at Park MGM. I would never ask to speak to a manager at these lower rate MGM properties. Not worth the time and effort. One category higher room likely not much better than the lowest rate booked. If I want a slightly better than entry-level room in Vegas, the difference in price to book it isn't that much more.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
Thanks for posting your upgrade experience at the various MGM properties--helpful. I can add that I received a suite upgrade at Vdara last April, 3 weeknights. Separate bedroom, dining table, full kitchen etc . Can't remember if it was automatic, but I probably asked at the front desk if there were any upgrades available and they cheerfully gave me the (very nice) suite. I booked whatever the lowest category room was--love this property BTW but their rates seem to have gone up now.

Regarding multiple nights/reservations, I can again relay recent experience with Park MGM (haven't stayed yet). I have 3 weeknights at a very low MGM Gold promo rate, next night Friday paid ($$$), then Saturday night used Hyatt category 1-4 cert. The MGM web site under My Trips doesn't list all upcoming stays--very annoying (you have to input confirmation numbers) . So I emailed Park MGM and received a reply within a few hours confirming yes, my stays were all noted. Plus the CSR asked if I'd like him to link the stays so I could stay in the same room and wouldn't have to re-key or go downstairs each time. Yes Please! Of course remains to be seen if it all happens as seamlessly as I'm counting on.

Based on ORDnHKG's experience I won't anticipate a nice upgrade at Park MGM. I would never ask to speak to a manager at these lower rate MGM properties. Not worth the time and effort. One category higher room likely not much better than the lowest rate booked. If I want a slightly better than entry-level room in Vegas, the difference in price to book it isn't that much more.
I definitely appreciate your post.

As I said in my post the upgrade I wanted was not available at the time of booking 4 months ago, however when I checked a week ago it’s now become available. The difference in price is only $10 a night, but the difference in quality from past experience is very tangible. So in this scenario if the front desk agent refuses to upgrade which I would hope isn’t the case as it is a published benefit, it would warrant requesting a manager.

To each their own, if people don’t feel like the benefits that they’ve earned and are entitled to aren’t worth pushing for then that’s them. That just further allows properties to get used to not providing the benefits guests are entitled to when staying.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Had a cash stay last week at the Vdara for multiple rooms across 3 nights. Do these still take a week to auto-post to my Hyatt account for points/EQNs? If they don't, what is the best way to escalate? The MGM folio does not show any Hyatt info, although front desk confirmed my Hyatt number is on file.

Check-in/out was done at front desk, received upgrades + waived resort fees.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Anyone have resort fees waived for 3 rooms? Terms state up to 2 rooms.
Just had resort fees waived for 3 rooms this past Friday. I had 2 rooms booked last week, added a room for 1 night midweek, checked out Friday. Finial bill this morning resort fees waived on all 3 rooms.
Troopers likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:52 pm

Not sure if this has been reported yet. When booking the Mirage I got a pop up that said I had to go by the desk once during my stay to ask for the resort fee to be taken off.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by bomberman92
Had a cash stay last week at the Vdara for multiple rooms across 3 nights. Do these still take a week to auto-post to my Hyatt account for points/EQNs? If they don't, what is the best way to escalate? The MGM folio does not show any Hyatt info, although front desk confirmed my Hyatt number is on file.

Can’t escalate until 30 days after checkout if it’s not posting that’s the policy.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist

Had a stay at Vdara checking out 8/13 that didn't post yet.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Can’t escalate until 30 days after checkout if it’s not posting that’s the policy.
Oof -- even for Globalists I presume?

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Had a stay at Vdara checking out 8/13 that didn't post yet.
Darn, have you seen these auto-post in the past from Vdara? Have you tried escalating or are you waiting until 9/13?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:51 pm

Oof -- even for Globalists I presume?

Darn, have you seen these auto-post in the past from Vdara? Have you tried escalating or are you waiting until 9/13?
It’s for everyone.

The only form of escalation possible prior to 30 days is if you have an MGM Host. Vdara’s would be Aria so you’d need to already have a personal host at Aria to have it escalated.

Haven’t seen many datapoints from Vdara most people getting Hyatt credit stay at - MGM Grand, Excalibur or Park MGM from what I’ve seen based on posts on FT.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
I just had a stay at Aria that took 5 days to post to my Hyatt account. I did email my concierge and she said to wait 14 days and then she would take care of it if it failed to post
bomberman92 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist

Not that this will really be of help to you, but I had a Vdara stay this past April and the Hyatt points/credit posted automatically. I checked out on a Wednesday and the points posted either that Sunday or the following Sunday (can't remember). As others have reported--stays seem to post on Sundays. Sounds like one can't always count on auto posting. Have a stay coming up soon at Park MGM so will see how that goes. As an aside, I booked a (MGM) show with the Vdara concierge during my stay and, besides getting a discount on the tickets, was happy to discover I received Hyatt points for those tickets.
bomberman92 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.