Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Rewards Gold and Above - waived resort fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
...and I'm sure eventually those 600 WN points will post too.
Out of my 6 stays in 2022, I received the 600 WN points on only 2 stays. I just checked out of Vdara so will see....
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by mattchench
May I ask if I book on AMEX Fine Hotel & Resorts, do I still get resort fee waived with my MGM gold status (matched from my Hyatt Globalist)? Thanks
Yes, I booked Bellagio via FHR and they removed resort fee with my MGM gold status.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Yes, I booked Bellagio via FHR and they removed resort fee with my MGM gold status.
Thanks. My friend in Bellagio got removed too on the other day. However today in Delano they don’t remove resort fee for FHR booking, and even neither Hyatt booking. I have asked twice checking in & checking out, they told me the same answer.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by mattchench
Thanks. My friend in Bellagio got removed too on the other day. However today in Delano they don’t remove resort fee for FHR booking, and even neither Hyatt booking. I have asked twice checking in & checking out, they told me the same answer.
I also had a reservation booked through Hyatt.com. This was at MGM Grand but they removed immediately at check-in. I asked if they remove the fee booking through the 3rd parties like Orbitz/Expedia, the rep told me they should remove the fee regardless how you book it and as long as you have Gold+ status.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I also had a reservation booked through Hyatt.com. This was at MGM Grand but they removed immediately at check-in. I asked if they remove the fee booking through the 3rd parties like Orbitz/Expedia, the rep told me they should remove the fee regardless how you book it and as long as you have Gold+ status.
While this being Vegas especially MGM, which means experiences are highly variable, the rep is wrong here. While the fee may be waived in this case for some, MGM's current policy is that *only* bookings made directly (mgmresorts.com or via its app) qualify for the resorts fee waiver.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Frontier 100k, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Troopers
Out of my 6 stays in 2022, I received the 600 WN points on only 2 stays. I just checked out of Vdara so will see....
I only receive the 600 Southwest points if I check in at the desk. In 2022, 4/4 manual check-ins received points while 4/4 stays with online check-in did not. My Southwest number has been attached to my account and I never mention it.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by thappere19
I only receive the 600 Southwest points if I check in at the desk. In 2022, 4/4 manual check-ins received points while 4/4 stays with online check-in did not. My Southwest number has been attached to my account and I never mention it.
Thanks for the DPs. It's a mixed bag for me...I have received and not received the WN points regardless of check-in method.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:43 am

Ah, just checked my WN app, and I see the 600 points. So, whatever they're trying to accomplish, it works for me.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:04 pm

Just so I'm clear, you are getting Southwest points INSTEAD of Hyatt points, correct? The terms say you can't double-dip with Hyatt (https://www.mgmresorts.com/content/d...lines-faqs.pdf), but I want to be sure that's accurate?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by fj1886
Just so I'm clear, you are getting Southwest points INSTEAD of Hyatt points, correct? The terms say you can't double-dip with Hyatt (https://www.mgmresorts.com/content/d...lines-faqs.pdf), but I want to be sure that's accurate?
It's an aspiration of their T&C, but it's most assuredly not accurate in practice or reality. You can earn both Hyatt & WN, along with both Hyatt and MGM Rewards/tier points.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by fj1886
This year, I have stayed 6 times, and received Hyatt and MGM TCs for each stay, but WN points for only 2 of the 6 stays.

Not included in the 6 stays, is a recent stay with a last Sunday checkout (4 days ago). No Hyatt or WN points yet. And, I have another stay next week. Will report back.

Last edited by Troopers; Apr 14, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Maybe a silly question, but can anyone (who's actually occupied a room) share the current logistics of accessing wifi along with the waived resort fee for Golds+?

Have an upcoming stay and I recall prior experiences at Caesars properties where the resort fee was waived for Diamonds, but the associated inclusions were also not provided. Would like to avoid a separate wifi charge at check-out (so will just use phone as hotspot if wifi is chargable).
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Frontier 100k, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Maybe a silly question, but can anyone (who's actually occupied a room) share the current logistics of accessing wifi along with the waived resort fee for Golds+?

Have an upcoming stay and I recall prior experiences at Caesars properties where the resort fee was waived for Diamonds, but the associated inclusions were also not provided. Would like to avoid a separate wifi charge at check-out (so will just use phone as hotspot if wifi is chargable).
You get all the resort fee benefits including wifi and gym access.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by thappere19
You get all the resort fee benefits including wifi and gym access.
Thanks--glad they did not copy Caesars with this new benefit! (although maybe Caesars has updated their draconian policy as well, as it's been a few years since I've stayed there).
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Thanks--glad they did not copy Caesars with this new benefit! (although maybe Caesars has updated their draconian policy as well, as it's been a few years since I've stayed there).
I stayed at Paris last year and also in March of 2020 just before the lockdown and neither time paid to use the Wifi. I used the spa/workout area with n o cost in 2020.

I am a matched diamond at Caesars via my Wyndham status not a real diamond.
NYC Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.