Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist w/52 Elite Nights - Should I go for 60?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist w/52 Elite Nights - Should I go for 60?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
It is still not posted after 5 days. Should I call the hotel or the main customer service.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'll have exactly 57 nights by the end of this year, but there's no way I can work in the 3 extra nights since I'm already booked for every day the rest of this year in hotel rooms, between hyatt, hilton and marriot. Canceling and rebooking is not an option as the rates I've gotten are seriously low and now the rates are super high. So, 57 nights will be it for me this year.
I would absolutely make it work if I was at 57 (not so much at 52). Could you put spend on a Chase card for 2 of those 3 you still need?
creativeguess1 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
It is still not posted after 5 days. Should I call the hotel or the main customer service.
Neither.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...t-request.html
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The points have been posted but not the qualifying nights. I am not able to get the nights through this method.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
The points have been posted but not the qualifying nights. I am not able to get the nights through this method.
I have done so in the past. Just made sure to note it in the comments section.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'll have exactly 57 nights by the end of this year, but there's no way I can work in the 3 extra nights since I'm already booked for every day the rest of this year in hotel rooms, between hyatt, hilton and marriot. Canceling and rebooking is not an option as the rates I've gotten are seriously low and now the rates are super high. So, 57 nights will be it for me this year.

On the nights you’re staying at Mariott or Hilton couldn’t you just Mattress Run a Cat 1 or 2 Hyatt? You don’t have to actually stay just pay the 15k or 24k (depending on area) points and you’d get (2) TSU’s, a Concierge and a Category 1-7 Certificate.

It’s more than worth the trade off in your situation.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Come to think of it, I haven't had a suite upgrade since the days of Hyatt Gold Passport, which I believe worked differently. Are the TSUs we receive for the 50 night milestone only valid for six months after meeting the milestone?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
After some research, I found that Hyatt Regency Tokyo is still offering the Office day rate, which would be about $330 for three days use. If they throw in breakfast and lounge access, then that may be worth it.
So, I have used the office day rates strategically like that also. If you get a downtown property that offers free parking and a lounge for breakfast and some snacks then at the right rate, it can be well worth it. That is a good example where it might be a reach but the incremental cost is not so much.

My overall point earlier is that I would have a hard time spending hundreds of dollars to hit the 60 mark just as a straight mattress run with no real value to me in the stay itself.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Come to think of it, I haven't had a suite upgrade since the days of Hyatt Gold Passport, which I believe worked differently. Are the TSUs we receive for the 50 night milestone only valid for six months after meeting the milestone?
Nope - hitting them this year would make them good til 2/28/23
hailstorm likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:03 pm

I am mattress running to hit 50 nights this year for the TSUs. By MR, though, I mean:

1) Staying at a Hyatt that's about 20 minutes out of the way (40 min roundtrip) but is actually ~$15 cheaper than the alternative. This is balanced out by the fact that it gets us closer to a good buddy of mine and he's going to come hang out with us for the evening as a result.
2) I churned an extra 10k of spend on the WOH credit card that comes at a 2.5% transaction fee cost. Since I value Hyatt points at 2 cents, this ultimately cost me $50.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
What about a remote check-in? Find a nice Hyatt in Brasil and you're done for <150$.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:24 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
What about a remote check-in? Find a nice Hyatt in Brasil and you're done for <150$.
typically won't work - need to stay in person
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
typically won't work - need to stay in person
But it might work at another WoH-affiliated brand for midweek stays.

But it is never risk-free and not reliable enough for an end-of-year mattress run...
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:31 am

I guess many have this quandary. I have 66 nights and had planned to make 70, but we have curtailed travel. So the calculus is, do i spend 20K points for 4 nights at a local Cat 1 and get the extra TSU? I would typically use a TSU for stays of 4 nights or greater, so ~5k extra points per night for an upgrade sounds like a decent deal. So I may book a 4 night stay locally. That said, rates are not terrible, so wondered if anyone has put a $$ figure to TSU? Or maybe the decision is whether the cash return on the 5K point redemption make sense.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Worked last year, why not this year... last year I did it with a UK hotel, but maybe someone wants to try Brasil for an even better bargain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.