Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Book as an Explorist, Check-In as a Globalist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Simple question but I couldn’t find the answer.

Right now I have Explorist status. I want to book/secure reward rooms for summer 2022. The award rooms are available and I have enough points to book 10.

My question: if I book as an Explorist today then work my way to Globalist status by year end (need 14 more nights) and next summer check into the hotel with Globalist status, will I receive the Globalist benefits (free breakfast, free parking, etc)? Or does the reservation need to be booked with Globalist status?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
You'll get the benefits of whatever status you are when you check in, not when you book. So if you hit Globalist status before end of year, you'll have it next summer for your trip.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obunewbie17
You'll get the benefits of whatever status you are when you check in, not when you book. So if you hit Globalist status before end of year, you'll have it next summer for your trip.
awesome, thanks for the quick reply!
obunewbie17 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:51 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hi, the other way works as well.I even had status change mid-stay and they honored my entire status at checkout
Originally Posted by cl046
awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.