Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seoul Hyatt Preference?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:32 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by willcheney
Hi everyone, I am planning a trip to Seoul for a few days this summer. I am trying to decide between Andaz vs PH. PH is about $100 more per night. We will likely use SUA to get a standard suite. Is it worth it to go with PH over Andaz? Which one has better globalist benefits? Thanks!
Personally we thought the PH totally blows away the Andaz in terms of luxurious feel, design, comfort. Andaz is fine but a little cold in terms of the decor. However I haven't been to the PH since they redecorated and I've heard the new decor is not as good as the original.
willcheney likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:50 am

If I book a park king suite at PH, can the sofa turn into a sofa bed? Could I request an extra bed in addition to the sofa? Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:48 pm

It is interesting that Andaz Seoul seems to be more expensive than PH Seoul for the regular rooms this summer.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It is interesting that Andaz Seoul seems to be more expensive than PH Seoul for the regular rooms this summer.
Their new GM trying to position it as Seoul's premium product.

If I book a park king suite at PH, can the sofa turn into a sofa bed? Could I request an extra bed in addition to the sofa? Thanks!
​​​​​​​They do allow rollaways in the Park suites.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 6:30 pm

I enjoyed the andaz for a week. Superb access to Metro with a stop at the hotel itself, excellent breakfast and a solid room with dsu. GH was nice for the night I stayed there, although it is a little hard to come and go from with ease. Breakfast in the lounge was solid enough if not spectacular.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Am currently booked at the Andaz Gangnam for 2 nights, but also considering the Grand Hyatt since both are 20,000 points per night. Not considering the Park Hyatt at 25,000 points per night. Will be using a TSU for a suite if possible.

Would appreciate advices on whether I should stay at the Andaz or move over to the Grand Hyatt which is on the other side of the river and closer to Seoul Station since we will also be taking a short trip to Busan on the Bullet Train.

I would also appreciate advices on getting to either hotel from Incheon Airport as Uber is not really a good option in Seoul (or so I was told). I know that there is an express train from Incheon to Seoul Station and then I could take a taxi? How much would the taxi cost?
Old Apr 24, 2023, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sapguy
Am currently booked at the Andaz Gangnam for 2 nights, but also considering the Grand Hyatt since both are 20,000 points per night. Not considering the Park Hyatt at 25,000 points per night. Will be using a TSU for a suite if possible.

Would appreciate advices on whether I should stay at the Andaz or move over to the Grand Hyatt which is on the other side of the river and closer to Seoul Station since we will also be taking a short trip to Busan on the Bullet Train.

I would also appreciate advices on getting to either hotel from Incheon Airport as Uber is not really a good option in Seoul (or so I was told). I know that there is an express train from Incheon to Seoul Station and then I could take a taxi? How much would the taxi cost?
My vote would always go to Andaz Seoul for the public transit, location and newer hardware. GH was a good Cat 1-4 cert redemption but a terrible points redemption. They dont give anything beyond a view upgrade and your earned GC usage.
My advice would be to stay at Andaz Seoul and use Subway Line 3 (or taxi) and take an SRT bullet train from Suseo station to Busan.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Aventine
My vote would always go to Andaz Seoul for the public transit, location and newer hardware. GH was a good Cat 1-4 cert redemption but a terrible points redemption. They dont give anything beyond a view upgrade and your earned GC usage.
My advice would be to stay at Andaz Seoul and use Subway Line 3 (or taxi) and take an SRT bullet train from Suseo station to Busan.
Thanks for confirming my initial choice of the Andaz
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
If anyone is reading this, Seoul Hyatt feels sucky. They play lots of games, just be aware of that.

1. They also do minimum nights, if you search for a single night for example GH Incheon, it will show no availability, but somehow when expanded to 3 nights, the base room magically appears. You can book it then call Hyatt to modify the dates manually.
2. They change the base room ever so slightly to block point stays, for example base room + high floor = invalid for point stay.

Haven't started my stay yet but already feels like Seoul Hyatt tries to minimize WOH program and just want to maximize being just random hotels.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 3:31 pm

Just wanted note that the PH descriptions for the Park Suites have them as premium suites, but that seems incorrect as they still show up as standard suites available to book.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by askyamaz
If anyone is reading this, Seoul Hyatt feels sucky. They play lots of games, just be aware of that.

1. They also do minimum nights, if you search for a single night for example GH Incheon, it will show no availability, but somehow when expanded to 3 nights, the base room magically appears. You can book it then call Hyatt to modify the dates manually.
2. They change the base room ever so slightly to block point stays, for example base room + high floor = invalid for point stay.

Haven't started my stay yet but already feels like Seoul Hyatt tries to minimize WOH program and just want to maximize being just random hotels.
Do not stay at Grand Hyatt incheon as a tourist....lol.. it's more of a staycation place with the kids. I happen to be staying for 3 weeks because we need a cheap place and I need the eqn nights but I'm fully aware of the pain in the butt it is to go into Seoul.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by moolman
Do not stay at Grand Hyatt incheon as a tourist....lol.. it's more of a staycation place with the kids. I happen to be staying for 3 weeks because we need a cheap place and I need the eqn nights but I'm fully aware of the pain in the butt it is to go into Seoul.
Thanks for the feedback on GH Incheon, I have a Sunday 11AM flight out, so booked my last night of the trip there as a tourist. Do you think I should continue my stay in the city and take a taxi in the morning?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:52 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by askyamaz
Thanks for the feedback on GH Incheon, I have a Sunday 11AM flight out, so booked my last night of the trip there as a tourist. Do you think I should continue my stay in the city and take a taxi in the morning?
No, Incheon is perfect for one night before a flight. Its a nice hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.