Wiki Posts
Search

Seoul Hyatt Preference?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022 | 12:26 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt, Delta, Bonvoy, Hilton, BA, United
Anyone have a take on how the situation with Hyatts in Seoul will look this fall as things start opening up again? Is it possible that local demand dies off as folks go out of country for their vacays?

I plan on being in Seoul for most of October, and am hoping that the Park Hyatt prices might drop a bit, lol. Also does anyone know if the PH is or isn't doing the evening happy hour?
Old Jun 14, 2022 | 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by falcon9xr
Anyone have a take on how the situation with Hyatts in Seoul will look this fall as things start opening up again? Is it possible that local demand dies off as folks go out of country for their vacays?

I plan on being in Seoul for most of October, and am hoping that the Park Hyatt prices might drop a bit, lol. Also does anyone know if the PH is or isn't doing the evening happy hour?
Demand is as high as ever. I think they're at 90% + occupancy rates for the weekends and definitely not going down. Every Seoul Hyatt this past weekend was at 400,000 won +.

Happy hour at PH is long gone too. You should try searching long-term stay rates at Andaz or consider adding to your Bonvoy numbers at one of their limited service properties.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022 | 7:51 am
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt, Delta, Bonvoy, Hilton, BA, United
Lol well I guess it's good for the local industry. I was looking at booking a weekend in Busan at the Westin, and the hotel is sold out on weekends pretty much all of October. Yea may have to look at some of the Bonvoy offerings, as you suggest.

Appreciate the response!
Old Jun 15, 2022 | 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by falcon9xr
Lol well I guess it's good for the local industry. I was looking at booking a weekend in Busan at the Westin, and the hotel is sold out on weekends pretty much all of October. Yea may have to look at some of the Bonvoy offerings, as you suggest.

Appreciate the response!
Try to visit Busan on a weekday if you can. A much better stay experience anywhere, like, the PH or the Josun. Could probably use SNAs or get PH off peak points rates.

TBT, Hyatts in Seoul put themselves into a premium luxury image category and charge a lot for what they are. I wish there was a HP or HH in Seoul for affordability.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022 | 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
TBT, Hyatts in Seoul put themselves into a premium luxury image category and charge a lot for what they are. I wish there was a HP or HH in Seoul for affordability.
There's a SLH hotel (hotel 28) that is very affordable. I'm seeing it for $89/night in August/September. I'll probably stay a few nights and check it out (I'm doing a seoul / jeju / seoul trip; I'll probably stay there for at least one of the two Seoul stays)

Rooms are tiny (but still have king sized bed) but the location looks pretty good.

Not a real Hyatt so no real globalist benefits, but it's not like you get real globalist benefits at HP or HH either.
Old Jun 15, 2022 | 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
There's a SLH hotel (hotel 28) that is very affordable. I'm seeing it for $89/night in August/September. I'll probably stay a few nights and check it out (I'm doing a seoul / jeju / seoul trip; I'll probably stay there for at least one of the two Seoul stays)

Rooms are tiny (but still have king sized bed) but the location looks pretty good.

Not a real Hyatt so no real globalist benefits, but it's not like you get real globalist benefits at HP or HH either.
It just doesn't have very good parking for someone with a car coming out of town. Rooftop and by appointment only.
Old Jun 16, 2022 | 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It just doesn't have very good parking for someone with a car coming out of town. Rooftop and by appointment only.
I get it; as a tourist I won't care (I won't have a car)

Have you actually stayed there? I'm wondering if there are any issues beyond the parking and the room size (which I can live with for a few nights)
Old Jun 16, 2022 | 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I get it; as a tourist I won't care (I won't have a car)

Have you actually stayed there? I'm wondering if there are any issues beyond the parking and the room size (which I can live with for a few nights)
No. It was closed for a long time during the pandemic and I dont need the Myeongdong location. Its a popular Korean mattress run location and has quality finishes for the price. Its definitely nicer than Four Points or Moxy.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022 | 7:25 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Your herd could probably occupy your own section at Jogakbo breakfast. You might only have to end up paying for the 3 overaged kids but still 45,000 per person/per day is a lot. My advice would be to travel to your destination, do/see it and then eat at 11am when Korean restaurants open.
We were charged 44,000 for an extra adult.
Old Jun 18, 2022 | 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Troopers
We were charged 44,000 for an extra adult.
I wouldnt pay 44000 won for their buffet but I get everyone needs to eat together.
Old Feb 5, 2023 | 12:43 pm

Hi All, has anyone been to Seoul lately and can recommend a Hyatt property? We have a two-year-old with us so looking for somewhere easy to get in and out. Was looking at Grand Hyatt but looks like it is difficult to the city without 1. long walk or 2. a taxi. Was looking between Grand Hyatt, Andaz, or Hotel28. Also am a Globalist. Anyone has any experience with Breakfast at these places? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 5, 2023 | 12:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by vv16888
Hi All, has anyone been to Seoul lately and can recommend a Hyatt property? We have a two-year-old with us so looking for somewhere easy to get in and out. Was looking at Grand Hyatt but looks like it is difficult to the city without 1. long walk or 2. a taxi. Was looking between Grand Hyatt, Andaz, or Hotel28. Also am a Globalist. Anyone has any experience with Breakfast at these places? Thanks in advance.
don't know about Hotel28, but Andaz makes sense. It's on top of the subway station. And you can walk out and your on the street.
Old Feb 5, 2023 | 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

PH also has COEX mall and an aquarium across the street. The subway is right outside the main entrance too. Hotel 28 is just best avoided.
Old Feb 6, 2023 | 10:38 pm

went a few months ago with a 2-year-old. Personally thought the Andaz was better if you use a SUA in advance. True enclosed suites. Free snacks come in handy. The breakfast at Andaz felt easier for us more buffet options for a toddler, and they have the stokke tripp trapp chairs, whereas the PH has mostly booths and regular high chairs. The immediate area around the Andaz was more walkable than the PH.

one plus I guess for the PH is that they had a stuffed bear in the crib haha. PH busan gave this stuffed white seal which was pretty cute. Andaz however had a welcome gift of amazing fruit that looked like it was from the Hyundai department store perhaps more practical and less clutter.
Old Feb 21, 2023 | 4:55 pm

Andaz Seoul vs PH Seoul

Hi everyone, I am planning a trip to Seoul for a few days this summer. I am trying to decide between Andaz vs PH. PH is about $100 more per night. We will likely use SUA to get a standard suite. Is it worth it to go with PH over Andaz? Which one has better globalist benefits? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.