Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seoul Hyatt Preference?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Platinum
Thanks. Andaz has a food court at level B1? How is the food option there?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by traveler1919
Thanks. Andaz has a food court at level B1? How is the food option there?
It's a collection of restaurants rather than a food court and all popular with local Koreans.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 4:53 pm

Hi, wondering if this thread is still being followed. I am a globalist and planning to visit in Sep with family (mrs + 14yr son + 9yr daughter) and plan to stay in Seoul for 5 nights. I am deciding between Andaz and PH due to easy metro access. Am able to use the suite upgrade to get into the standard suites for both hotels. However, only 1 roll-away, with daily charge, is available and not sure if the sofas are good enough for my daughter, who is 4'3". Both also charge an extra 100k KRW/day for my son since he is over 12, and the Park Hyatt also wants to charge him 55k KRW for breakfast since he is the 3rd adult, and Globalist benefits only cover 2 adults and 2 children.

I am curious about the suitability of the 2 hotels for family, especially since we will be crowded in the suite. I know GH may be better for kids, but not being accessible to the metro is a show stopper.

In addition, wondering if the sofas in either hotel's standard suits(Park King in PH and Andaz 1 King bed) are suitable for sleeping.

Lastly, am a bit surprised that the PH will nickel and dime me for my son's breakfast. I can understand that they charge for roll-aways and the higher room rate, but the breakfast? Is that normal? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Re bolded part, 100k KRW/day for what?

My herd of 9 will be at Andaz for a week in June. We have a confirmed Andaz suite upgrade plus a rollaway for a family of 4 (2 adults, 14 yr old and a 12 yr old), and another Andaz suite upgrade plus a rollaway connecting to a twin room for a family of 5 (2 adults, 16 yr old, 14 yr old and a 10 yr old). I was advised of the daily 55k KRW for the rollaway. All rooms booked under my account as a Globalist. Fingers crossed breakfast will be extended to everyone but unlikely.

We'll also be staying at the GH for a few days on the same trip...two sets of two connecting rooms.

BTW, thanks Aventine for all the local insider info
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Troopers
Re bolded part, 100k KRW/day for what?

My herd of 9 will be at Andaz for a week in June. We have a confirmed Andaz suite upgrade plus a rollaway for a family of 4 (2 adults, 14 yr old and a 12 yr old), and another Andaz suite upgrade plus a rollaway connecting to a twin room for a family of 5 (2 adults, 16 yr old, 14 yr old and a 10 yr old). I was advised of the daily 55k KRW for the rollaway. All rooms booked under my account as a Globalist. Fingers crossed breakfast will be extended to everyone but unlikely.

We'll also be staying at the GH for a few days on the same trip...two sets of two connecting rooms.

BTW, thanks Aventine for all the local insider info
Your herd could probably occupy your own section at Jogakbo breakfast. You might only have to end up paying for the 3 overaged kids but still 45,000 per person/per day is a lot. My advice would be to travel to your destination, do/see it and then eat at 11am when Korean restaurants open.

Re: GH Grand club

13 and over only are allowed for the Evening session. Breakfast is all ages.

Last edited by Aventine; Apr 30, 2022 at 5:47 pm
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:47 pm

100k KRW/day is the cost for having an extra adult. Anyone over 12 is considered an adult. If you look at your price quote and then compare the price if you changed the age of your kids that are over 12 to 12, you should see the room rate go down
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
The Andaz suite couch is huge and your daughter could sleep on it. The rollaway is going to cramp the living room or bedroom though. 12 and over get charged full rates at Korean buffets and most luxury properties are in revenue earning mode now. I doubt Andrew Ashdown will waive it for you though. The PH owners need every last 10 won these days

Andaz transit access is a little better since it's covered and can be accessed through the B1 food floor. Apgujeung also has good bus links and Han gang a short walk away. A little closer to north of the Han River and touristy things in Jongno.
I noticed that PH has twin suites but the beds are fairly wide.. at least one seems to be a double-sized bed or is that just an optical illusion because of the angle of the picture taken?

Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:02 pm

The Andaz suite couch is huge and your daughter could sleep on it. The rollaway is going to cramp the living room or bedroom though. 12 and over get charged full rates at Korean buffets and most luxury properties are in revenue earning mode now. I doubt Andrew Ashdown will waive it for you though. The PH owners need every last 10 won these days

Andaz transit access is a little better since it's covered and can be accessed through the B1 food floor. Apgujeung also has good bus links and Han gang a short walk away. A little closer to north of the Han River and touristy things in Jongno.
I know hotels want revenue, especially after covid, but aren't they concerned that customers have a choice and will go to other hotels if they nickel/dime? Or are hotels in Seoul super full these days?
Old May 1, 2022, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I noticed that PH has twin suites but the beds are fairly wide.. at least one seems to be a double-sized bed or is that just an optical illusion because of the angle of the picture taken?

Couldn't honestly tell you. Never been in a Twin suite before at PH. Beds do look spacious though.
Old May 1, 2022, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traveler0
I know hotels want revenue, especially after covid, but aren't they concerned that customers have a choice and will go to other hotels if they nickel/dime? Or are hotels in Seoul super full these days?
All luxury hotels are reducing costs in Seoul. It's about finding the one that you can live with or tolerate. Hyatts in Korea have no problem filling their rooms via other distribution channels.

Last edited by Aventine; May 1, 2022 at 3:22 am
Old May 2, 2022, 8:44 am

100k KRW/day is the cost for having an extra adult. Anyone over 12 is considered an adult. If you look at your price quote and then compare the price if you changed the age of your kids that are over 12 to 12, you should see the room rate go down
Thanks...is the extra charge for the 3rd adult? My 3 rooms are on points booked via MHC. MHC informed me of the rollaway charge but never mentioned the extra adult charge.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Troopers
Thanks...is the extra charge for the 3rd adult? My 3 rooms are on points booked via MHC. MHC informed me of the rollaway charge but never mentioned the extra adult charge.
Points take care of the extra adult charge.
Troopers likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:06 pm

Points take care of the extra adult charge.
Thanks Aventine. You know so much about the Seoul Hyatts. 2 more questions

1) how would you compare the breakfasts between the PH and the Andaz?
2) how would you compare the standard suites room size between PH(Park King) and Andaz(Andaz Suit 1King bed)? The prior is described as between 64-70sqm while the latter is 70 sqm, suggesting that the Andaz is slightly bigger. However, the pictures, especially of the living room, seems to suggest that the PH is bigger. Thoughts?

Thanks
Old May 3, 2022, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Aventine. You know so much about the Seoul Hyatts. 2 more questions

1) how would you compare the breakfasts between the PH and the Andaz?
2) how would you compare the standard suites room size between PH(Park King) and Andaz(Andaz Suit 1King bed)? The prior is described as between 64-70sqm while the latter is 70 sqm, suggesting that the Andaz is slightly bigger. However, the pictures, especially of the living room, seems to suggest that the PH is bigger. Thoughts?

Thanks
PH breakfast has a much higher quality spread than Andaz. The Andaz suite is more suited for families having an additional half bathroom near the entrance and a couch that can fit a kid or adult. Their suite has more square metres but feels smaller than PH since everything is walled off. Andaz HVAC and hardware is better than the PH.

Last edited by Aventine; May 3, 2022 at 7:14 am
Old May 3, 2022, 11:48 am

PH breakfast has a much higher quality spread than Andaz. The Andaz suite is more suited for families having an additional half bathroom near the entrance and a couch that can fit a kid or adult. Their suite has more square metres but feels smaller than PH since everything is walled off. Andaz HVAC and hardware is better than the PH.
Now you got me wondering about the PH breakfast spread... like what type of food do they have? Most Asian upper tier hotel restaurants have decent breakfast spread. For PH to have a much higher quality than Andaz means either Andaz is pretty mediocre or that PH is off the chart. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback on the room size. Having that extra half bath is important.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traveler0
Now you got me wondering about the PH breakfast spread... like what type of food do they have? Most Asian upper tier hotel restaurants have decent breakfast spread. For PH to have a much higher quality than Andaz means either Andaz is pretty mediocre or that PH is off the chart. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback on the room size. Having that extra half bath is important.
PH isn’t beating any spreads in Dubai or Hong Kong but Andaz is just terrible. They cut food quality and don’t make anything to order. Probably the worst Andaz breakfast I have ever been to. If I had to pay to eat at Andaz then I would just go to the Starbucks across the street.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.