Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Credit Card Double Tier?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:30 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
thanks I’ll apply today then. Guess I missed that part. A lot of what I read said same day will almost always be a decline but next day might be ok and you still run a risk of chase closing them shortly after. I was going to wait a little longer but I’ll give it a try. Just thought that changing my no fee sapphire to a Freedom unlimited and applying for 2 cards all within 24 hours would’ve been too much.
Google Chase MDD to understand it and make sure you’re comfortable with it. Iirc 24 hrs isn’t a hard and fast rule but they MIGHT combine inquiries. I really don’t remember. There’s prob a resource on r/Churning about this
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
The bonus for the card is really 45k, right? Since you need to spend $15k to get to the maximum signup bonus which is part of the 60k. I guess this card is only attractive to those that need the double nights or are starting from scratch to globalists. (Or catch up on the summer redemption bonus since those historically were retroactive, at least the rebate from last year was)
And that $15k needs to be spend that only earns 1 point per $1.

So that means no Hyatt hotels (or Hyatt affiliated restaurants), restaurant, airline ticket (when purchased directly with the airline), local transit/commuting, fitness club or gym membership spend.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Google Chase MDD to understand it and make sure you’re comfortable with it. Iirc 24 hrs isn’t a hard and fast rule but they MIGHT combine inquiries. I really don’t remember. There’s prob a resource on r/Churning about this
i get it now. Looks like denial risk is greater for minimum credit limit approvals and they gave me 25k which I will not come close to needing for Hyatt. I could just have them move some to csr if I need to and I doubt they’d question it. I have had an account with chase for about 10 years so I have history.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Got approved for the card last night so I’ll give it a go. I was going to get the Sapphire Reserve as well but might have to wait because I don’t want to get declined and chase frowns upon multiple applications. Bummer because I need that card for upcoming travel but the Hyatt offer is too much to pass up.

Anyone have any experience in how long it takes for the tier nights/status from the card to post after approval? I have a stay starting tomorrow I’d like to have at least some status for.
The T&C say that the additional nights will post by the end of February, which means that many cannot count on seeing the new status before then.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Time to cancel my WoH force-upgraded card?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:06 pm

Does anyone know if award nights can count for these bonus elite nights?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by littledoggie747
Does anyone know if award nights can count for these bonus elite nights?
Generally, yes.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
This doesn’t apply to existing cards correct?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
I've been Globalist a few years now, there didn't seem to be all that many of us. Now I'm wondering if Hyatt will have any elites that aren't Globalist in 2022, Lol.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
This doesn’t apply to existing cards correct?
Correct.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by jtc246
I've been Globalist a few years now, there didn't seem to be all that many of us. Now I'm wondering if Hyatt will have any elites that aren't Globalist in 2022, Lol.
It would be really interesting to see the actual data.

On one hand they have been offering lots of shortcuts to getting Globalist (with the double nights in 2020/2021, the reduced threshold for qualification and the current WOH CC sign up promo), but at the same time there must be a really drastic decrease in business travel (and associated earning of Globalist status through that - and I would guess that the vast majority of Globalists have, historically, reached the status mainly through business travel rather than personal trips).

People who are getting Globalist through credit cards / promos / personal travel aren't going to be traveling as much as most pre-COVID business travelers. So I wonder if the number of Globalists staying on any given night has really gone up at all (in general - there's always going to be some extremes like Ventana where there's going to be a large contingent of Globalists).
GUWonder and jtc246 like this.

Last edited by coleslaw; Aug 17, 2021 at 2:19 pm
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Originally Posted by coleslaw
It would be really interesting to see the actual data.

On one hand they have been offering lots of shortcuts to getting Globalist (with the double nights in 2020/2021, the reduced threshold for qualification and the current WOH CC sign up promo), but at the same time there must be a really drastic decrease in business travel (and associated earning of Globalist status through that - and I would guess that the vast majority of Globalists have, historically, reached the status mainly through business travel rather than personal trips). People who are getting Globalist through credit cards / promos / personal travel aren't going to be traveling as much as most pre-COVID business travelers. So I wonder if the number of Globalists staying on any given night has really gone up at all (in general - there's always going to be some extremes like Ventana where there's going to be a large contingent of Globalists).
I certainly agree. I made Globalist with mostly work travel pre-covid. I would certainly not make it this year without the 30 night vs 60 night requirement. I also am beginning to doubt my travel will ever reach pre-Covid levels for my job, so I'm just kind of playing it by for ear now. I think the next few years will be interesting for all travelers as well as travel providers. As a leisure traveler I am more likely to just book the room I want as opposed to hoping for an upgrade, but with that mentality the elite benefits of each chain become less important vs location for example.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
the difference between hyatt and other brands is other brands have offered tons of promotions to get existing elites to requalify, hyatt is also doing that except their including those who dont have status. So a bunch of no status people last year will qualify for globalist this year inclduing myself. I will even hit 60 nights.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
All,

Old Hyatt Diamond back in the good old days of Gold PassPort that ventured away from program when went to WOH and 60-nights with most of my travel being leisure, and 60-nights being out of reach. Anyway, taking a run at getting to Globalist again and when I was looking at booking a stay on Hyatt website it has the WOH Credit Card Offer with the offering on the booking page being $300 credit reimbursement toward Hyatt stays (and not the up to 60,000 points offer). It also does not have the 2x elite night language. Not so interested in the up to 60,000 points but am very interested in the 2x elite nights. Y'all think that the language needs to be there in the referenced offer for 2x to be eligible for such offer? Alternatively, anyway, to check with Hyatt or Chase?

Thanks In Advance.

Safe Travels
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by GTITAN
All,

Old Hyatt Diamond back in the good old days of Gold PassPort that ventured away from program when went to WOH and 60-nights with most of my travel being leisure, and 60-nights being out of reach. Anyway, taking a run at getting to Globalist again and when I was looking at booking a stay on Hyatt website it has the WOH Credit Card Offer with the offering on the booking page being $300 credit reimbursement toward Hyatt stays (and not the up to 60,000 points offer). It also does not have the 2x elite night language. Not so interested in the up to 60,000 points but am very interested in the 2x elite nights. Y'all think that the language needs to be there in the referenced offer for 2x to be eligible for such offer? Alternatively, anyway, to check with Hyatt or Chase?

Thanks In Advance.

Safe Travels
I had a look around the Hyatt site but couldn't see anything other than the current publicly available Chase offer.

Can you copy/paste the offer/terms? I assume it's not just a $300 statement credit with no points (which would be a not so great offer vs. the 30-60k publicly available one).
GTITAN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.