Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Choosing in Cancun vs Splitting my stays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing in Cancun vs Splitting my stays?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
I liked Andaz but would certainly not spend 25k points per night to stay there.
👍... go with Ziva, where it's an AI; 25k pts for 2 is worth it there
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: n/a
Talking

Originally Posted by Julie17
I also suffer from the constant “fear of potential regret” so I understand where you’re coming from. However, in this case I agree with many others that with an infant and only 4-5 days I would encourage you to pick one resort and enjoy it to its fullest. IME changing hotels always comes at a cost, I.e. taking up your precious vacation time, But more importantly I find packing up, checking out, transporting people and luggage in the heat, checking in again and unpacking again just really interrupts the vacation flow/vibe, even if your room is ready when you arrive. That’s before even considering all the baby gear you will probably be bringing, plus working around your baby’s feedings and nap times! Plus if you only have two nights at a place, that’s one full day and you don’t get time to really settle in and feel at home there. Having said that, I have switched resorts on occasion for a compelling reason, in fact we had an 8 day stay that we split between Andaz and Ziva that worked out perfectly. If you really want to experience more than one of the resorts, any chance you could stay longer than 4-5 nights?

I’ve been to the Andaz and the Ziva twice each but haven’t been to the other resorts so can only comment on these two. I love both of them but the vibe is completely different between the two. The Andaz is tranquil and peaceful, much quieter and will feel less crowded. The Ziva is much more lively; it’s like being on a cruise ship but on land. I agree that the food is better at Andaz. If an ocean view is important to you only a small percentage of the Andaz rooms face the beach, although the lagoon view is also nice and unique. Based on you saying that you get bored easily, I have a feeling the Ziva is the best option for you, and if using points it will be the most cost effective since the same number of points cover all food and drink. Enjoy your trip whatever you decide!
i know other people have said this but this comment has really helped me settle and be happy with a Ziva pick for our 4 nights. Thank you for your comment.

Now please help us with deciding what to eat for dinner every night
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
I liked Andaz but would certainly not spend 25k points per night to stay there.
I guess it depends on how many points you're sitting on. With the extremely generous promo earlier this year, 25k per night doesn't make that big a dent in the stash for me.

We redeemed at Mayakoba over New Year's, and the value was something like 4 cpp.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Don’t waste your vacation hotel hopping. Just pick a place and stay there.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Kacee
I guess it depends on how many points you're sitting on. With the extremely generous promo earlier this year, 25k per night doesn't make that big a dent in the stash for me.

We redeemed at Mayakoba over New Year's, and the value was something like 4 cpp.
We booked a beach area suite, but if I had booked the base room that you get using points, the 6 night cost would have been ~$1100. So <1 cpp. Terrible value. I don't have that many Hyatt points but have lots of Chase UR points that transfer, so generally only burn the Chase points on >3 cpp redemptions.

As you said, good for peak bookings or when there is no buy 2, get 1 Prive deal.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by br0wntown
i know other people have said this but this comment has really helped me settle and be happy with a Ziva pick for our 4 nights.
You've already decided, but I was going to vote for staying at one hotel, and making it Ziva. Since you do like to try multiple places, you'll want to try something else next time. Pretty soon you'd be paying some real money to travel with a child to an AI, unless you happen on a kids stay free rate, so this is a good opportunity for this specific resort at a lower cost than you'll see in a couple of years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.