Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

GH DFW - No Availability on Dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Wanted to stay at the GH DFW for my overnight on June 17-18, however the website says it's not available on those dates. Seems kind of odd the entire hotel would be sold out in the current climate, do you think they'd open up availability again or if I'd have luck calling in to book? I have the HR over at Terminal C booked as well and wouldn't mind staying there but would prefer the GH.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
You're kidding, right? Hotels sell out. Especially this one. Especially nowadays.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
Wanted to stay at the GH DFW for my overnight on June 17-18, however the website says it's not available on those dates. Seems kind of odd the entire hotel would be sold out in the current climate, do you think they'd open up availability again or if I'd have luck calling in to book? I have the HR over at Terminal C booked as well and wouldn't mind staying there but would prefer the GH.
It’s not unusual for an in airport hotel to be sold out far in advance. Even less unusual for it to be sold out for near dates.
FlyDeltaMD88 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
You're kidding, right? Hotels sell out. Especially this one. Especially nowadays.
It's as if the OP hasn't seen the news plastered everywhere that travel is back.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 4:16 pm

Call back on Monday and demand to talk to the room manager. Don't take no for an answer if you're globalist. Threaten to take your business elsewhere and write a bad review about the hotel if they don't let you book a room. I just checked my secret Hyatt inventory software and this hotel still has plenty of rooms. They are hiding availability right now to jack the price up the day of since they can predict the weather and know that some people are going to be delayed overnight and need the room. Report them to the attorney general of your state. Don't give up!
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Call back on Monday and demand to talk to the room manager. Don't take no for an answer if you're globalist. Threaten to take your business elsewhere and write a bad review about the hotel if they don't let you book a room. I just checked my secret Hyatt inventory software and this hotel still has plenty of rooms. They are hiding availability right now to jack the price up the day of since they can predict the weather and know that some people are going to be delayed overnight and need the room. Report them to the attorney general of your state. Don't give up!
OP likes your post. Thinks you're being helpful.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hedoman
OP likes your post. Thinks you're being helpful.
No, I enjoyed the sarcasm. I'll stick with my reservation at the Hyatt Regency and be happy with it.
mcgahat likes this.

Last edited by FlyDeltaMD88; Jun 13, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I did reach out though to Hyatt Concierge and asked politely if it was full on their end as well, and it was, so I thanked them and dropped it. I'm sorry an innocent question triggered some to the point of personal attacks.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
On a related note, does anyone have an update on the renovations here? It seems all suites have been taken out of booking inventory unit September 1.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
I just looked and it's available both for ~400 and for points.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I've seen this hotel sell out (or nearly so) many times before. They have some rather large meeting spaces -- It's a great place for a corporate 'retreat' or highly specialized conventions where you need to globally fly in lots of corporate bigwigs. Not unusual if you go to the lobby at 8PM and run into a large crowd of people dressed in well-pressed suits (and other corporate wear) getting sloshed on martinis.

This type of event is back.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I've seen this hotel sell out (or nearly so) many times before. They have some rather large meeting spaces -- It's a great place for a corporate 'retreat' or highly specialized conventions where you need to globally fly in lots of corporate bigwigs. Not unusual if you go to the lobby at 8PM and run into a large crowd of people dressed in well-pressed suits (and other corporate wear) getting sloshed on martinis.

This type of event is back.
Domestically, maybe. But sadly it's still quite a big pain to travel internationally to the US so I don't think they're really seeing much "global" business travel right now. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will be more practical to travel from/to the UK and Europe for business. I'm planning a trip right now and it is, to put it mildly, a major headache and fraught with uncertainty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.