Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Healthcare discount + Globalist benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Healthcare discount + Globalist benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Did you book under your name or your sister? I am going with a friend but I am a Globalist and he is the healthcare worker.
Booked under my name but she's added as a guest
Old May 24, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Booked under my name but she's added as a guest
Thank you!
Old May 24, 2021, 2:58 pm

Have anyone used this yet? What do they ask for at check in?
I'm a first responder (Fire Dept and wasn't sure if that would qualify) but my girlfriend is a nurse. We booked a few different Hyatt stays using this rate code on a recent vacation and were never asked for proof of employment. Always received stay credits and points as well as Globalist upgrades and benefits.
Old May 24, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Proof like your hospital badge or ID. My sister is a nurse and she came with me at check in to provide her badge.
I have yet to get carded. It might be because my profile has MD on it (I'm conceited ) and a globalist. Since the lockdowns, I've always traveled with my ID in case I had trouble getting through a state border (never needed it though).
Old May 24, 2021, 6:08 pm

I’m debating if I should take the risk to book it under this rate as I work as admin in the hospital. Hyatt Twitter said only front line workers such as nurses are eligible. My hospital badge has “finance” on it so not sure if they’ll be an issue.
Old May 24, 2021, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by gbdbld
I’m debating if I should take the risk to book it under this rate as I work as admin in the hospital. Hyatt Twitter said only front line workers such as nurses are eligible. My hospital badge has “finance” on it so not sure if they’ll be an issue.
Depends on your personal moral compass...

Even if you are carded, the front desk won't question your ID as long as it looks somewhat legit. Do I think you'll get away with it? Absolutely.

The real question is: Were you living up to the hospital admin reputation - working remotely from home during the height of the pandemic all while creating red tape for the actual talent?
synergistic likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:51 pm

I've had my ID checked maybe half the time on leisure travel, and my ID says nothing about the department I work in - never been questioned about my capacity within the organization. I actually wish they'd run it a little more strictly, because I'd love for them to extend the promo.
Fims and Skink like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by mbmd
I have yet to get carded. It might be because my profile has MD on it (I'm conceited ) and a globalist. Since the lockdowns, I've always traveled with my ID in case I had trouble getting through a state border (never needed it though).
how did you get it to do that? I’d like mine to say Dr. as well.
Old May 27, 2021, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

They're much more strict in South Korea. GH Seoul always wants to see a business card and keep one.
Old May 27, 2021, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
how did you get it to do that? I’d like mine to say Dr. as well.
I actually can't remember. I just logged in and its hard coded into my name on the website. The staff almost always addresses me as Dr. (I usually just tell them to call me by first name as Im in my early 30s). It is kind of funny when they call me Mr initially and then quickly correct themselves. Other than these entertaining interactions, I can't imagine it garnering much more benefits than globe already does.
Old May 31, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
HR Aruba did not check credentials for the frontline rate, though we had them with us.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:31 pm

Have anyone used this yet? What do they ask for at check in?
We have been asked to show proof for all hotels. Either work ID or paystub will work.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:28 pm

Did you book under your name or your sister? I am going with a friend but I am a Globalist and he is the healthcare worker.
What did you land up doing here? Booking under your name or your friend's? I have a similar booking coming up and it's currently under my friend's name (the healthcare worker), but I'd like it under mine since I have status.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal
What did you land up doing here? Booking under your name or your friend's? I have a similar booking coming up and it's currently under my friend's name (the healthcare worker), but I'd like it under mine since I have status.
i did this exact thing with my BIL, added his name to room, no issues @ manchester GH
although, did not automatically post as eligible rate.
had to ask concierge to look into it and it was manually added.
he showed his ID at check in, without me present.
AndieNarwhal likes this.

Last edited by burnerx213; Jul 13, 2021 at 5:33 pm Reason: add quote
Old Jul 13, 2021, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by burnerx213
i did this exact thing with my BIL, added his name to room, no issues @ manchester GH
although, did not automatically post as eligible rate.
had to ask concierge to look into it and it was manually added.
he showed his ID at check in, without me present.
When did you find out the eligible rate was not posted and how long did it take to fix?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.