Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Rate research if you're chasing globalist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...

Hi all, I searched a LOT of properties yesterday for those of you who haven't done your globalist promotion 2-3 week stay yet. This was done a couple of hours before the US announced negative 'Rona tests to return to America, by the way, too. I mostly focused on countries Americans can fly to without too much issue... but things change every day. I searched all 50 states, the Caribbean, Africa, Middle East, Latin America 100 percent, and then a sampling of Europe and Asia which are pretty difficult to get into unless you plan to stay very long term. Zero Australia region, that's just impossible, lol. ALSO, I found which hotels in those regions are actually open for the 500 bonus points for new hotels promotion. See below. I searched for two weeks, from January 20 to February 3.

CHEAPEST USA - Between 54 dollars and 61 at the time of my search.

Florida - Orlando and others
Texas - Various
Virginia
Kansas
Illinois - Chicago
*Vegas options through MGM also available, follow rules and policies carefully and hope for the best, do not stay longer than 13-14 days
**NYC Times Square for 69 a night isn't bad either, though little touristy things open to see or do

CHEAPEST INTERNATIONAL (ignoring Asia, Europe) - 36 to 76 USD, in order

Brazil - Two cities, one outside of Rio a couple hours
Mexico - Various
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Turkey - Outskirts of Istanbul
Costa Rica - San Jose (no beach)

500 BONUS POINTS PER NIGHT - from 76 to 140 USD, in order
Saltillo, MX
Fairbanks, AK
Cape Town, South Africa
Oryx Doha, Qatar
Downtown Los Angeles, CA by USC
Puerto Rico Grand Resort - Outskirts of San Juan

INTERESTING ANECDOTE
There are no Hyatt's in Montana, New Hampshire, West Virginia, or Wyoming (but Wyoming coming soon)

FULL LIST, including a couple of Asia and Europe options but good luck getting there:

USA
Florida 54 Texas 57 Virginia 59 Kansas 60 Illinois 61 Minnesota 63 South Carolina 63 Tennessee 63 Georgia 64 Massachusetts 65 Missouri 65 Ohio 65 Oklahoma 65 North Carolina 66 Colorado 67 Delaware 67 Maryland 67 Louisiana 68 Wisconsin 68 Alabama 69 Indiana 69 New York 69 Pennsylvania 69 Arizona 70 Michigan 72 New Mexico 73 Arkansas 74 Connecticut 74 Mississippi 74 Oregon 75 California 76 Iowa 76 New Jersey 76 Maine 79 Nevada 79 Nebraska 82 North Dakota 82 Kentucky 83 Utah 83 South Dakota 84 Washington 88 Idaho 97 Alaska 99 Rhode Island 108 Hawaii 132 Vermont 365

WORLD (Asia/Europe Sampled Only, No Australia region)
Brazil 36 Mexico 38 United Arab Emirates 43 England 62 Turkey 69 Costa Rica 76 Colombia 79 Thailand 83 Oman 84 Chile 85 Uruguay 85 Ireland 86 Germany 88 Nicaragua 92 Saudi Arabia 96 Holland 96 Jordan 102 Greece 102 France 103 Bulgaria 105 Qatar 106 Honduras 108 South Africa 108 Guatemala 112 Peru 120 Phillipines 121 Kuwait 125 CARRIBEAN 126 Argentina 126 Russia 127 Morocco 139 Algeria 141 Uzbekistan 143 Ethopia 149 Tanzania 168 Spain 205 Bahrain 213 Kenya 250 Mozambique 450
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
You can book Excalibur (Vegas) for $24/nt + taxes/resort fees.

Comes out to about $43/nt all in, even booking through Hyatt. And if you book through Hyatt you're basically guaranteed to get the night credits.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes

Comes out to about $43/nt all in, even booking through Hyatt. And if you book through Hyatt you're basically guaranteed to get the night credits.
considering the resort fee at Excalibur is $35 plus tax, unless your rate is $3, hard to get $43 per night all in (unless you have f&b credits to net out)
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by jameswes

Sorry I had done this too, but there are mixed reviews on the stay counting and I wanted to be safe for everyone, hence my asterisk with note in the USA section. These are the general public rates, with resort fees included, as of yesterday. Note there are also promotions that include some free food that actually help make the trip even more affordable, and of course gamblers like myself have special rates, but alas. Here's the list, but I don't want this to turn into a Vegas thread.

Excalibur 59 Luxor 66 MGM Grand 82 NYNY 85 Mandalay 106 Delano 106 Vdara 132 Signature 134 Park MGM 154 Nomad 154 Aria 161 Bellagio 174
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:58 pm

If you want the full 30 nights, I saw $51 in Orlando at the HP I-Drive. $15 parking of you don't already have status, though. $57 at the HP MCO, with free parking. Both have been clean and kind on my recent stays.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by synergistic
If you want the full 30 nights, I saw $51 in Orlando at the HP I-Drive. $15 parking of you don't already have status, though. $57 at the HP MCO, with free parking. Both have been clean and kind on my recent stays.
Yea that's the one I am calling 54, for the dates I searched anyways. I'd just Uber/Bus/Shuttle from the airport. Glad you stayed recently and can confirm it is ok quality. Question, do you ever get "upgraded" to at least a higher floor at HP? I know they don't do upgrades but that's also because all rooms are considered typically nearly the same.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Which of the two did you prefer? Room and Wifi quality, as well as things to do nearby within a mile or two.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:43 pm

Web site for the hotel says $10 parking.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Yea that's the one I am calling 54, for the dates I searched anyways. I'd just Uber/Bus/Shuttle from the airport. Glad you stayed recently and can confirm it is ok quality. Question, do you ever get "upgraded" to at least a higher floor at HP? I know they don't do upgrades but that's also because all rooms are considered typically nearly the same.
They did 'upgrade' me starting with my first Explorist stay, but the higher floor room was a little more worn feeling than the lower floor room they had me in for my initial no-status 22 night stay. This week, now officially Globalist, I was 'upgraded' again, this time to the highest floor in a less worn room. None were inadequate by any stretch, especially for the price. The front desk clerk recognized me on my second stay, despite only approaching the desk twice during my initial long stay. This past check in, he amused me by saying, 'Oh, I wasn't made aware YOU were checking in today! Welcome back!'

We just checked into the airport property for a long stay under my other half's (no status) account, and they proactively put a microwave in his room - very much appreciated.

Edit: I'd probably take the I-Drive property if parking wasn't an issue - there's a back road where you can walk to avoid crowds. Both have plenty to eat nearby, really, but the I drive location would likely be better for someone on leisure. The rooms are functionally identical.

Last edited by synergistic; Jan 13, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
Web site for the hotel says $10 parking.
That's probably accurate - I must have it mixed up with another property I'd considered.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:52 pm

They did 'upgrade' me starting with my first Explorist stay, but the higher floor room was a little more worn feeling than the lower floor room they had me in for my initial no-status 22 night stay. This week, now officially Globalist, I was 'upgraded' again, this time to the highest floor in a less worn room. None were inadequate by any stretch, especially for the price. The front desk clerk recognized me on my second stay, despite only approaching the desk twice during my initial long stay. This past check in, he amused me by saying, 'Oh, I wasn't made aware YOU were checking in today! Welcome back!'

We just checked into the airport property for a long stay under my other half's (no status) account, and they proactively put a microwave in his room - very much appreciated.
I am checking in Saturday and was going to bring a microwave with me. Does the I-Drive location provide microwaves?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport-South can be had for about $54/night during some stretches. For example, 2-16 to 2-13 booking....I think it gives an extra 15% off of multi night stays.

Also, the office rate code counts as an elite night so might be a good way to accumulate stays for reasonable rates particularly if you want to work from the location for the day to get away from barking dogs.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
I am checking in Saturday and was going to bring a microwave with me. Does the I-Drive location provide microwaves?
There is a microwave downstairs, so it didn't even cross mind to ask for one on my long stay. Actually, one of my first negative realizations about Hyatt was discovering that microwaves just aren't part of the HP brand standard. I'd give them a call and see if they have some to spare.

Oh, re: breakfast - I-Drive has all the normal sides and a rotating hot dish available buffet style every day. I know Wednesday is oatmeal, one day is french toast sticks, one day is breakfast sandwiches... I grabbed a few boiled eggs every day, did not partake in anything else. Airport has a list for you to 'place an order' from - breakfast sandwich and oatmeal plus all the sides available daily, you just have to give them five minutes to pack it up for you. They didn't bat an eye at my request for three boiled eggs, though there is a limit of one breakfast sandwich per guest.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:46 pm

Dang. What people will do for a free breakfast and a (possible) standard suite upgrade (which will be less likely with all new Globs seeking the same thing...) is beyond me.

At least they aren’t truly giving away the farm by giving away TSUs.... and y’all do realize the Glob(lite) benefits are fairly meaningless at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place, right? Is it really worth this effort to have a low priority roll-the-dice shot at a suite at full service properties (behind all the TSU users, lifetime Globs, full Globs) and a free breakfast?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Dang. What people will do for a free breakfast and a (possible) standard suite upgrade (which will be less likely with all new Globs seeking the same thing...) is beyond me.

At least they aren’t truly giving away the farm by giving away TSUs.... and y’all do realize the Glob(lite) benefits are fairly meaningless at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place, right? Is it really worth this effort to have a low priority roll-the-dice shot at a suite at full service properties (behind all the TSU users, lifetime Globs, full Globs) and a free breakfast?
It's all about the chase
tobikosan, DELee and BThumme like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.