Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Fun game: what brand got you your 10th brand? (earning you a free night!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fun game: what brand got you your 10th brand? (earning you a free night!)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Smile Fun game: what brand got you your 10th brand? (earning you a free night!)

For me, it was Destination Hotels.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Love it - Thompson, in Chicago.

Fun fact - when I abandoned Marriott in 2019 and moved to Hyatt, I stayed in six different Hyatt brands on my first six stays. Took me four months to get to 10

Pro tip - Chicago is a jackpot for racking up brands easily & fairly cheaply
strickerj and yurtripper like this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:57 am

I'm on 9, and looking to either Thompson in Chicago or New York.

RE: Chicago

Anyone been to both Bavettes in Chicago and the one in Vegas' Park MGM? If so, are the steaks the same or very similar?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Mine was also Thompson in Chicago!
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:02 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
If I recall correctly, I think it was a pure "Hyatt" - possibly Hyatt Palm Springs.

I have 10 brands, will be difficult to get another 5.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Mine was the plain-Jane "Hyatt" near Chicago (Oak Brook? Something about a McDonald's? Had an awesome room there IIRC)

I don't recall where I picked up the Destination and Joie de Vivre but neither of those hotels was actually branded as such when I stayed, so those came as surprises. I also stayed at the HRC in Sedona but that didn't get credited as HRC for some reason, who knows.

Been sitting at 12 since 2019 when Destination and JDV came on board. Will probably pick up Zilara, Miraval, and Thompson at some point.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Jan 9, 2021 at 9:17 am
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Destination - if it ever actually posts...

Is there another one for 15?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:19 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by azepine00

yes
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00

Yup.

And there'll be another at 20 if they get there.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Mine was the plain-Jane "Hyatt" near Chicago (Oak Brook? Something about a McDonald's? Had an awesome room there IIRC)

I don't recall where I picked up the Destination and Joie de Vivre but neither of those hotels was actually branded as such when I stayed, so those came as surprises. I also stayed at the HRC in Sedona but that didn't get credited as HRC for some reason, who knows.

Been sitting at 12 since 2019 when Destination and JDV came on board. Will probably pick up Zilara, Miraval, and Thompson at some point.

I'm at 13-- my 10th was Hyatt Residence Club (Sedona, AZ), I recall. But what's this 'Caption by Hyatt' in the Boundless Portfolio after Centric shown above?! Oddly enough, this isn't even on the list on my iPhone app...
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
10th was one of the Two Roads brands, Destination I think is the one in Tempe, AZ.

Now on 13 brands, waiting for Shanghai to reopen - to pick up UrCove But who knows if it will ever be worth my while to do an all-inclusive or HRC...
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
I'm at 13-- my 10th was Hyatt Residence Club (Sedona, AZ), I recall. But what's this 'Caption by Hyatt' in the Boundless Portfolio after Centric shown above?! Oddly enough, this isn't even on the list on my iPhone app...
Yeah I don't have that one either as an option
Old Jan 9, 2021, 11:23 am

I wish they would make this an annual thing. Something like 10k points for 5 brand in a year, 25 for 10. Just not enough incentive for me to really kill myself to try and get 3 more to hit 15, since the remaining ones are mostly out of my reach/interest.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Interesting, maybe I'll ask my concierge to try to post my HRC stay. I definitely stayed there in Sedona in June 2020.

Caption was announced late 2019. I don't think any of the properties are live but I recall discussion of Memphis, DC, and Chicago. Tiny rooms for millennials, perhaps to compete with Canopy and Moxy? Too much to keep track of tbh.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Caption was announced late 2019. I don't think any of the properties are live but I recall discussion of Memphis, DC, and Chicago. Tiny rooms for millennials, perhaps to compete with Canopy and Moxy? Too much to keep track of tbh.
Remember hearing about it, but the point was, I don't even see it listed as a "tile" when logged in the app or online

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.