Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Anndore House [Joie de Vivre], Toronto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 6:03 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

I was just scrolling through Hyatt's pipeline page and saw that the Anndore House on Charles Street [just a hop from Bloor and Yonge] will be joining JdV. Can't find anything on when this is happening, but it's great to have another Hyatt option in the city!

This one looks nice and youthful with a retro/grungy twist, but for a property that reopened after a huge redesign in April 2018, it's bound to be in good shape. Online reviews look pretty good too.

khabah
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:29 pm

I just saw this too! I love Toronto and it's great to see another option in Toronto. Can't wait for this, the Andaz and the PH to be done. Something for us to look forward to when we can travel again.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 9:08 pm

any reviews?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:34 pm

Anyone stayed here since they joined Hyatt?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 8:02 pm

I will provide a review in late November.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm also interested in hearing about this one - would love to hear anyone's thoughts. Had no idea this was now a Hyatt until I did a search last week.

Pre-pandemic, I used to stay at the Marriott on Bloor - not because it was a great hotel (it was a below-average Marriott - IMO), but because it was quite convenient location-wise. That is going to be a W when it re-opens (not my thing...), and Anndore looks like a nice, mid-price option in the area now. I realize that the property has been redone inside (at least, I'm pretty sure it has), but the one thing that gives me pause is that it used to be a Comfort Inn.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:09 pm

Points, Miles & Bling just posted a review two or three days ago. TLDR: reviewer didnt like it.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
I was there last week in a standard King room as an Explorist. I thought it was perfectly fine. Decor was nice, as were the little touches like the pillows, record player, and finishes. Too bad the restaurant was only open for dinner service due to the pandemic affecting staffing levels. Was good value overall.

Best part is the location close to both lines 1 and 2 at Bloor Yonge.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I'm also interested in hearing about this one - would love to hear anyone's thoughts. Had no idea this was now a Hyatt until I did a search last week.

Pre-pandemic, I used to stay at the Marriott on Bloor - not because it was a great hotel (it was a below-average Marriott - IMO), but because it was quite convenient location-wise. That is going to be a W when it re-opens (not my thing...), and Anndore looks like a nice, mid-price option in the area now. I realize that the property has been redone inside (at least, I'm pretty sure it has), but the one thing that gives me pause is that it used to be a Comfort Inn.
It's a better value proposition than the newly reopened PH nearby. Nice badge pickup too.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 9:40 pm

Stayed here recently as a Globalist. Booked a King Loft room and was upgraded to a Master Suite. I would stay here again if the location worked for my visit.

About the room: The suite was fairly spacious. The room faced Charles Street, which meant some street noise in the sitting area but the bedroom window faces the (currently closed) park and was noticeably quieter. Water pressure was a bit weak but the washroom was spacious, bright and had a unique design. A minor thing but the floor tiles in the sitting/bedroom areas are some synthetic material like vinyl and weren’t particularly nice to walk on.

Other points: Breakfast was not offered due to a “new Hyatt policy” and was offered 500 points per day instead. Constantine restaurant looks great and the patio was popular. I’d like to try it post-COVID. 4PM check-out was offered when I requested a later check-out. Normal check-out time is 11AM and they were willing to extend to 12PM before I pointed out my WoH status. Daily housekeeping is currently suspended. Water bottles not found in the room but I was given a voucher to show at front desk when I wanted a bottle.
Aspirin likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CXYYZ

Other points: Breakfast was not offered due to a “new Hyatt policy” and was offered 500 points per day instead. Constantine restaurant looks great and the patio was popular. I’d like to try it post-COVID. 4PM check-out was offered when I requested a later check-out. Normal check-out time is 11AM and they were willing to extend to 12PM before I pointed out my WoH status. Daily housekeeping is currently suspended. Water bottles not found in the room but I was given a voucher to show at front desk when I wanted a bottle.
I think they should be reminded of the T&Cs for Globalists. There's been no change to the breakfast policy?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Called them - they still don't offer breakfast for Globs. DP as of Mar. 2022.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Korean Air Morning Calm Premium Club
DP on April 2022
Still no breakfast - got 500 points / day instead. Globalist - upgraded to Master Suite.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New properties slinking out of breakfast. Should not have been allowed this long.
River in Sight, pWei and Gertjaars like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
First stay here tonight. They are now offering a drink and two food items per guest from Hot Black Coffee (connected to the hotel)

Seems like fair value - juices are priced up to $10 and food items include hot breakfast sandwich-type entree. Seems like they are doing their best to now fulfil the Globalist breakfast promise.
travelista likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.