Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stallion114
Will the nights count towards the new promo if I don’t checkout?

im already at 120 nights this year so I don’t really care about the double nights promo.

I do care about the triple points, but if all the nights count towards the new promo I think I am slightly better off with 1250 bonus per night than triple points
Only 3/1 onwards will be eligible for the new promo.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am a requalified glob with 0 spend this year (and still have 5 cat 1-4 certs to use up). That's seriously messed up.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00
I am a requalified glob with 0 spend this year (and still have 5 cat 1-4 certs to use up). That's seriously messed up.
So far it’s cost nothing (/close to nothing) for Hyatt to give you all this. It’s built up good will. It’s given you an incentive to put future stays Hyatt’s way so that you can benefit from
Globalist and use up some of the free night certs. You’ll probably end up spending a little more on those stays. Maybe you’ll have some paid nights too.

I wouldn’t call it messed up.
GUWonder and Boraxo like this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Do you have another stay directly after it at the same property?
No, it was a quick mattress run. I got 2 nights out of it (for 4 nights) and checked out today.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by coleslaw
So far it’s cost nothing (/close to nothing) for Hyatt to give you all this. It’s built up good will. It’s given you an incentive to put future stays Hyatt’s way so that you can benefit from
Globalist and use up some of the free night certs. You’ll probably end up spending a little more on those stays. Maybe you’ll have some paid nights too.

I wouldn’t call it messed up.
Hyatt was smart. By doing this, besides Playa Del Carmen, I will focus ALL my stays on Hyatt properties besides free nights I must use at Marriott (I have 4 Marriott consumer cards) and IHG and maybe a spring break rental.

All airport hotels will be Hyatt. I always get one before a flight.
All stays for festivals will be Hyatt.
I plan on at least 2 more Hyatt all-inclusive stays for 8 nights this year and 2 next year.
All small trips will be Hyatt and I have 3 lined up.

Next year, if I go to Japan, I'm looking for Hyatts.
TravelingChef likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
As a reminder, Hyatt extend the triple points for dining by several months. So even though rooms etc don't get triple points, you can still earn when dining and not staying.

I just Ate at a Hyatt and earned several thousand points
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
As a reminder, Hyatt extend the triple points for dining by several months. So even though rooms etc don't get triple points, you can still earn when dining and not staying.

Great to know!

on a side note: how was that DRC/Petrus you ordered that gave you those several thousand points? Haha
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hi all - does anyone know when the next round of bonus points will post? I had a stay that ended on February 23rd and the stay itself was manually put in, but the bonus nights have yet to be added.

Thanks!

khabah
Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lowjhg
Great to know!

on a side note: how was that DRC/Petrus you ordered that gave you those several thousand points? Haha
I ate a really great Beijing duck😋 I consider That the highlight.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:33 pm

Smile When do Hyatt "Bonus Journey" award nights get applied to accounts?

February 28, 2021 was the end of the "free night" bonuses for the HYATT "Bonus Journey" promotion. When will the nights be applied to Hyatt member accounts? Originally, it was said it would take 2 to 3 weeks but was actually happening much faster? Please advise.
Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Skover
February 28, 2021 was the end of the "free night" bonuses for the HYATT "Bonus Journey" promotion. When will the nights be applied to Hyatt member accounts? Originally, it was said it would take 2 to 3 weeks but was actually happening much faster? Please advise.
Thanks
Take a look at the wiki.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SHLTP

Does that also apply when charging the food to my room?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
Does that also apply when charging the food to my room?
Re-read the "you can still earn when dining and not staying" part again.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Re-read the "you can still earn when dining and not staying" part again.
So the question is, if you are staying at a Hyatt and laying for food with your Hyatt Visa card (not charging to your room) will you get the bonus points?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PDXpress
So the question is, if you are staying at a Hyatt and laying for food with your Hyatt Visa card (not charging to your room) will you get the bonus points?
That wasn't his question, but as for your question, I would assume the answer is yes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.