Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So, I have a bit of a conundrum right now:
  • I originally had a stay at the Hyatt House Arboretum, 2/11-2/25.
  • Due to the Texas disaster involving power and water outages, we decided to leave the hotel early on 2/19.
    • Front desk was unstaffed when we left and we were in a rush - we figured we could just call in later in the day to let them know we checked out early.
    • Unfortunately, the hotel has been impossible to reach for the entirety of the last week (phone calls never connect, hyatt twitter and support line can't reach the hotel either)
  • On 2/21, we checked into the Park Hyatt Washington DC until 2/28.
Obviously these are overlapping stays but I'd like for all the bonus credit points to properly post for the Park Hyatt (since that's a much more expensive stay) and have the early checkout for the Hyatt House be processed properly. Hyatt Twitter and phone support has basically just told me to hold on until the hotel is reachable again and then figure it out again, but does anyone have any additional advice for my case?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Martellus
So, I have a bit of a conundrum right now:
  • I originally had a stay at the Hyatt House Arboretum, 2/11-2/25.
  • Due to the Texas disaster involving power and water outages, we decided to leave the hotel early on 2/19.
    • Front desk was unstaffed when we left and we were in a rush - we figured we could just call in later in the day to let them know we checked out early.
    • Unfortunately, the hotel has been impossible to reach for the entirety of the last week (phone calls never connect, hyatt twitter and support line can't reach the hotel either)
  • On 2/21, we checked into the Park Hyatt Washington DC until 2/28.
Obviously these are overlapping stays but I'd like for all the bonus credit points to properly post for the Park Hyatt (since that's a much more expensive stay) and have the early checkout for the Hyatt House be processed properly. Hyatt Twitter and phone support has basically just told me to hold on until the hotel is reachable again and then figure it out again, but does anyone have any additional advice for my case?
It doesn’t sound like there’s much else you can do. Make sure you have explained the situation in writing to the hotel (email) and Hyatt (Twitter) so you can demonstrate that you’ve tried to contact them but weren’t able to and needed to cut the stay short, specifying the date and time you left the property and that nobody was there to check you out.

I don’t see you have an issue in getting the points, although they may need to do it manually after the fact.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
Just make a new booking online from 2/28 to 3/1 without connecting it to your Hyatt membership. Then have the hotel check out your current stay, pay the bill and check in the new reservation. Make sure to ask them not to merge the two profiles. That way you won't get the last night but you'll get double nights and the points bonus for every night prior.
That sounds like a lot of work for one bonus night, but I'll consider it, thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
I think I'm OK but just to double-check:
Booked a week in Maui that ends on 2/28. Decided to stay an additional week (working form home in Maui ain't bad!) so called and booked a new reservation in a different unit that starts on 2/28-3/7. First stay should get double-nights, correct?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 4:44 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by eternalX
I think I'm OK but just to double-check:
Booked a week in Maui that ends on 2/28. Decided to stay an additional week (working form home in Maui ain't bad!) so called and booked a new reservation in a different unit that starts on 2/28-3/7. First stay should get double-nights, correct?
You say "unit" because you're staying at one of the Destination Residences, right ? I haven't seen any reports of how "back-to-back" stays are handled at those properties. If your stay was in a hotel, it might be a problem as back-to-back stays are usually combined and you'd "lose" the 2/28 check out date. If you are really counting on the double nights, I'd stay elsewhere for a night between your 2 stays, just to be sure you'll get them.
GUWonder and kevino like this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
I JUST stayed at Hyatt Ziva Cancun and under Past Activity it says

Base Points/Miles:
Explorist 20% Bonus:
Q3/Q4 Global Promo 2020:
HyCard Resort Bonus 2020:

I stayed 1 night at a Hyatt airport hotel then 8 nights at Hyatt Ziva Cancun all in Feb (so 9 nights). Will this count as 18 nights?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Busymann
I JUST stayed at Hyatt Ziva Cancun and under Past Activity it says

Base Points/Miles:
Explorist 20% Bonus:
Q3/Q4 Global Promo 2020:
HyCard Resort Bonus 2020:

I stayed 1 night at a Hyatt airport hotel then 8 nights at Hyatt Ziva Cancun all in Feb (so 9 nights). Will this count as 18 nights?
Yes, if all were eligible rates and if you signed up for Bonus Journeys before you stayed at the airport hotel (unclear if that was directly before the Ziva or not).
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Yes, if all were eligible rates and if you signed up for Bonus Journeys before you stayed at the airport hotel (unclear if that was directly before the Ziva or not).
Yes, I just wanted to make sure "Q3/Q4 Global Promo 2020" was this promo where it counts for double nights.

I usually try to click on all promos that come about whether I figure I'll participate or not.

I also see "1 Bonus Night - Bonus Journeys" while I was in Mexico about 5 days after my airport hotel stay. Yes, the airport hotel was right before the Mexico stay. I always do an airport hotel first. I eliminate vehicle issues before the flight and I'm just 5 minutes from any of my airports.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:44 am

Ok, I saw a blog post that says it took 5 days to post the bonus nights which coincides with the 5 days it took to post my Hyatt airport hotel stay.
I should see my 8 Bonus nights post today. I could even book 3 nights today at a low cost hotel (Fri, Sat, Sun) which would turn into 6 nights.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Busymann
Ok, I saw a blog post that says it took 5 days to post the bonus nights which coincides with the 5 days it took to post my Hyatt airport hotel stay.
I should see my 8 Bonus nights post today. I could even book 3 nights today at a low cost hotel (Fri, Sat, Sun) which would turn into 6 nights.
Check out the wiki.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 9:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Just curious what good would getting Explorist do and why would it help having Explorist to do a Mattress Run?

The benefits distinguishing Discoverist from Explorist are pretty minimal.

AFAIK they are -

10% Extra bonus points meaning an extra 0.5 points per dollar spent. Which is very minimal.

Club Access Awards - Clubs are currently closed.

Guaranteed Room Availability

Upgraded Room - Since the pandemic reports have been mostly that Discoverists get the same upgrade as Explorists.
1 benefit is Explorists get The Resort/Destination fee comped, which at some places adds up very fast on a multi-night stay ( no idea if the OP you were answering had any intention of going to such a hotel)
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
You say "unit" because you're staying at one of the Destination Residences, right ? I haven't seen any reports of how "back-to-back" stays are handled at those properties. If your stay was in a hotel, it might be a problem as back-to-back stays are usually combined and you'd "lose" the 2/28 check out date. If you are really counting on the double nights, I'd stay elsewhere for a night between your 2 stays, just to be sure you'll get them.
Correct. I told them it needed to be a different reservation and they did say I would need to check-out and check-in to the new unit. Have the whole family so moving to a different place wouldn't be ideal. I think I'll just make sure I actually go through the check-out process on Sunday. Thanks for the insight!
Old Feb 26, 2021, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by craz
1 benefit is Explorists get The Resort/Destination fee comped, which at some places adds up very fast on a multi-night stay ( no idea if the OP you were answering had any intention of going to such a hotel)
Thats for Globalists.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Thats for Globalists.
and explorists on award stays
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by myperks
and explorists on award stays
And Discoverists and Members too

Nobody pays resort fees on award stays.
fotoflyer88 and Pocatello like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.