Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
this is flyertalk! Points are points

So it’s about the 10% extra Bonus Points or 0.5 points per dollar spent?

Let’s say you spend $500 with Explorist vs. Discoverist you’d get a whopping additional 250 points, worth $4.

I was just asking which Explorist benefit was the driving factor, because I don’t see any additional benefits in Explorist that would change my decision to do an MR vs. doing it as a Discoverist.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Points are points😜 I just swiped my Hyatt card 50 times to get 5000 points with 1/2 of them by asking clerks to split bills into 2,3,4,5 swipes.

My wife told me I am nuts 50 times🤠

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Club Access Awards - Clubs are currently closed.
Every club is open where I am.
mrgoodkat likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Points are points😜 I just swiped my Hyatt card 50 times to get 5000 points with 1/2 of them by asking clerks to split bills into 2,3,4,5 swipes.

My wife told me I am nuts 50 times🤠​​​​​​
Oh, I don't do things like that where he can see me. He thinks I'm crazy enough for the parts that I need him for =p
bbbb and Assimilated Cajun like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

My wife told me I am nuts 50 times🤠​​​​​​​​
I am doing it the old fashioned way. 46 purchases this month so far, all of them over $1, most of the under $1.25, all of them under $2.
bbbb and Beachchaser like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I am doing it the old fashioned way. 46 purchases this month so far, all of them over $1, most of the under $1.25, all of them under $2.
I spent ~ $1000 to get my 50 i would have put on the cfu so I left 500 points on the table to earn 5k.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:52 pm

My wife told me I am nuts 50 times🤠

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
my wife knows I am nuts! I did the 50 swipes by myself as I have asked her to use csp, citi aa, hyatt legacy and cfu in the last 4 months. Atleast the endgame is worth it.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 7:12 pm

this is flyertalk! Points are points
also flyertalk is where you learn no matter what you have done you are never the top dog.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by Matt4200
So it’s about the 10% extra Bonus Points or 0.5 points per dollar spent?

Let’s say you spend $500 with Explorist vs. Discoverist you’d get a whopping additional 250 points, worth $4.

I was just asking which Explorist benefit was the driving factor, because I don’t see any additional benefits in Explorist that would change my decision to do an MR vs. doing it as a Discoverist.
Haha - well I’m still wondering if I make a Mattress run to Vegas or something. (I’ll be at 16, - 18 nights once the first 2 nights for $5k CC spend hit). If I assume I could eventually hit $10k or $15k spend (I just got the card... if I hit 15k within the first year does that kick over the free Cat 1-4 cert? Or just after first year)

That’s 4-6 nights before the end of this promo...
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:14 am

Obviously I LOVE Hyatt... and deeply appreciate all of the wonderful experiences I've had as a Glob/Diamond over the years... BUT, if they don't extend the promo or come up with something almost as good (which is as good or better than Marriott/Hilton) then I'm likely taking my business elsewhere for a few months. Will easily hit 60+ nights this year regardless. Anyone else feel the same way?
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
(1) A dozen or so vintage stamps on eBay, each $1.00 plus .05 tax, free shipping; (2) six payments each, ranging from $1 to $6, on my utility bill, my phone bill, and my insurance bill (before paying each of these with a final lump sump payment); (3) ten online top-ups of my Thai sim card over the space of a week or so, each in the amount of 40, 50, or 60 Thai Baht (roughly $1.33, $1.67, and $2.00 respectively); (4) a dozen or so "real" expenditures for such items as Netflix movies, convenience store purchase, charitable donations, and a Hyatt stay. All of these were necessary expenditures except the stamps, and I really like the stamps. But yes, my wife thinks I'm crazy.
synergistic and Pocatello like this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Haha - well I’m still wondering if I make a Mattress run to Vegas or something. (I’ll be at 16, - 18 nights once the first 2 nights for $5k CC spend hit). If I assume I could eventually hit $10k or $15k spend (I just got the card... if I hit 15k within the first year does that kick over the free Cat 1-4 cert? Or just after first year)

That’s 4-6 nights before the end of this promo...
Cat 4 once max each year when you hit $15k

Cat 4 each year starting with first renewal
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Obviously I LOVE Hyatt... and deeply appreciate all of the wonderful experiences I've had as a Glob/Diamond over the years... BUT, if they don't extend the promo or come up with something almost as good (which is as good or better than Marriott/Hilton) then I'm likely taking my business elsewhere for a few months. Will easily hit 60+ nights this year regardless. Anyone else feel the same way?
Am I the only one who doesn't find the Marriott promo to be so great? Unless you're referring to a different promo, their double nights double points promo is underwhelming for me. For starters it has to be minimum 2 nights and I do a lot of 1 nighters. Secondly it must be a paid stay and with Marriott it usually makes a lot more sense value wise for me to pay with points. With this Hyatt promo I didn't spend a dime, every single night was booked on points because the values were either the same as cash or better. And most were at Cat 1 hotels. The Marriott properties I stay at are usually Cat 3 and up so the cash rates aren't very low to begin with.

So for me the fact that Hyatt also honors promos on award stays is a huge positive in their favor.

Hilton, I don't even know what their promo is so can’t comment. I've never stayed at any of their properties and just have automatic gold status through the Amex Plat if I ever decide to stay at one.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 10:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

If anyone wants to mattress run without physically checking in, I have 2 properties with $60 per night. I used one and I did not use the other one. If anyone interested, please PM and I will provide each of those contacts to 5 people for a total of 10 people.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Amazon GC reload

I've been doing the "Amazon Gift Card Reload" every day or two. I've been increasing by 1 cent every time (i.e. $1.01, $1.02, $1.03...) so I don't lose track. Nice thing is that you don't need to enter the code like a normal gift card, it just goes directly to your account.

Totally unrelated...does anyone know if the 2 qualifying night credit @$5000 is covered by this promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.