Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:01 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’ve been doing about the same. Small vacations I’ll take a 7-10 day trip with the family staying at 2 different Hyatt’s during that time occasionally a Hyatt and Hilton. Just stayed at PH Beaver Creek then a Hampton Inn in Plano, TX because the rates were super cheap along with the current promos on top of that I did a price match to get the rate down to like $42 a night.

As far as MGM stays the resort fees always crush that hope for me, plus they’ve been really crowded. I do wonder with those though if you use Express Comps to cover the Resort Fee is it still an “Eligible Stay” tricky. I wish they’d do something for Globalists like waive the resort fee or even half off the resort fee to make it worth staying.
I loved PH Beaver Creek. Great hotel.

I don't know if express comps can be used for resort fees. I just book through the mlife website since it's always got better pricing than the Hyatt website. I agree that the resort fees hurt a bit, but I have the Vdara Penthouse Suite (270 degrees of windows) booked over Thanksgiving (2 nights) for a total, including taxes and resort fees, of $595. And that includes $60/night of food and beverage credits. We booked the Wicked Spoon buffet (Cosmopolitan) for Thanksgiving dinner, as we have an annual tradition of doing a buffet in Vegas. We've previously booked Caesars and done the Bacchanal Buffet but the Wicked Spoon is the only buffet open on the strip right now.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by itsallgood
I loved PH Beaver Creek. Great hotel.

I don't know if express comps can be used for resort fees. I just book through the mlife website since it's always got better pricing than the Hyatt website. I agree that the resort fees hurt a bit, but I have the Vdara Penthouse Suite (270 degrees of windows) booked over Thanksgiving (2 nights) for a total, including taxes and resort fees, of $595. And that includes $60/night of food and beverage credits. We booked the Wicked Spoon buffet (Cosmopolitan) for Thanksgiving dinner, as we have an annual tradition of doing a buffet in Vegas. We've previously booked Caesars and done the Bacchanal Buffet but the Wicked Spoon is the only buffet open on the strip right now.

PH BC is a great hotel, but it doesn’t feel luxurious at all IMHO. The feel is very similar to Hyatt Centric Park City if you’ve ever stayed there, except with smaller rooms/suites.

Wicked Spoon is amazing, though I find it hard to get a reservation these days unless you book way ahead.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
I booked Wicked Spoon a few weeks ago, right around the time they opened it up to Thanksgiving reservations, since we figured that Bacchanal Buffet would remain closed.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I wish Hyatt would do a double night promo just like Hilton does.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I wish Hyatt would do a double night promo just like Hilton does.
Uhm they are, I actually prefer the way Hyatt’s is set up 1 Night now and 1 Night next year rather than both nights now. Unless you’re referring to the 2 promos Hilton is running one which is double nights the other which is rollover nights. I definitely think if Hyatt did both it’d be a devaluation, but they sort of are and they’ve confirmed it just you have to check out 1/1-1/4.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:35 am

In my view Hilton has gone too far - 15 nights for Diamond until Feb 2023 can only mean a huge increase in numbers.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:17 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by stargold
In my view Hilton has gone too far - 15 nights for Diamond until Feb 2023 can only mean a huge increase in numbers.
It is 15 nights only when done as 15 stays. Quite different but easily doable doing a calendar year.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:38 am

Why stays?

As I understand it, it's double elite night credit and roll-over of all nights during this promo period to next year, together with a reduction of the Diamond threshold to 30 nights for both this year and next, meaning that 15 nights during the promo period will be sufficient to re-qualify for Diamond next year. I don't see a distinction between nights and stays in this regard.

Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:04 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
This is the Hyatt, not the Hilton forum.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Why stays?

As I understand it, it's double elite night credit and roll-over of all nights during this promo period to next year, together with a reduction of the Diamond threshold to 30 nights for both this year and next, meaning that 15 nights during the promo period will be sufficient to re-qualify for Diamond next year. I don't see a distinction between nights and stays in this regard.

When doing this year promotion yes, when next year then do not.

Originally Posted by 59Impala
This is the Hyatt, not the Hilton forum.
You are right but could you appoint any other hotels loyalty program promotion thread where are not compared other programs promotions for same period?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
With the qualifier this is the Hyatt forum Hilton Diamond was already a giveaway in the US with the CC...it's arguably the "lowest" top tier status across programs for a reason
Old Nov 24, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
At this point, who cares?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
At this point, who cares?
ROTFLMAO! I'm more concerned about a lot of these chain hotels going out of business than overcrowding. I've racked up a decent number of nights in 2020 and high occupancy rates is NOT an issue. Insolvency of hotels, however, is an issue.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by itsallgood
ROTFLMAO! I'm more concerned about a lot of these chain hotels going out of business than overcrowding. I've racked up a decent number of nights in 2020 and high occupancy rates is NOT an issue. Insolvency of hotels, however, is an issue.
I’ve been to a few hotels that are actually sold out, so High Occupancy can be definitely be an issue. I feel like they’ve also increased rates to help with insolvency issues or concerns.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:55 pm

When one analyzes the Hilton promo, it's really quadruple nights.
15 nights in 2020 = 30 nights' credit.
Those 30 nights in 2020 roll over to 2021 as 30 nights.
So 15 nights stay in 2020 count as 30+30 nights' credit.

I'm using this Hilton promo to run up my night count at Hilton toward LT Diamond status. I know l can get the same status with the credit card, but I wouldn't mind cancelling one more credit card.
I'd be a lot happier with Hyatt if they had an either 1million base points or 1000 nights for LT Globalist (along with 10 years at top status). I don't see myself hitting 1 million base points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.