Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
do I need to actually staying in the hotel for the duration of my stay? Asking for a friend.
That is 100% hotel dependant. Depends on specific property and management
Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:50 am

They were joking methinks.
Maui4me1, lsquare and Beachchaser like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
do I need to actually staying in the hotel for the duration of my stay? Asking for a friend.
Does your friend have a giraffe?
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:14 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by hedoman
For the traveling medical community, this is the best deal going.
I'm willing to "share" my MR accommodations with this community! And will try my best to be within the boundaries of the program T&C.

For anyone traveling to the OC area December - early January feel free to PM me.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Does your friend have a giraffe?
nope just a polar bear.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
They were joking methinks.
you are absolutely correct, that question has come up a number of times and according to Amy weinbergs assistant you do to earn elite night credits.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:56 pm

Well, I guess this promo has solid potential.

I had 28 qualifying nights by March of this year, and that's where I still am 7 months later ... it's almost as if a pandemic happened that has halted my travel. I appreciate Hyatt extended my status through 2021 so that was certainly thoughtful of them.

I have an existing 13-night stay coming up that was booked last year on one of those $20/night specials. That stay will get me to 41 nights for this year + 13 bonus nights for 2021.

I will book an additional 19-night point stay for this year, to get me to 60 nights for this year + an additional 19 nights for 2021, bringing my 2021 total to 32 nights ( 13 + 19 ).

Note: Yes, I don't need any nights this year re status extension, so it's purely for the bonus nights towards 2021 + 2020 milestone rewards.

... and that leaves me 28 nights short for 2021. I will book another 14-night point stay for late December, ending in 2021, to get myself the remainder 28 nights (14 + 14) for 2021.

In short, this means 33 nights in a Cat 1 Hyatt for 165K Hyatt points [ 140K after the 15% rebate ].

For the 140K points, I will end up with:

+ 2x Cat 1-4 Certs; 1 from 2020, 1 from 2021

+ 2x Cat 1-7 Certs; 1 from 2020, 1 from 2021

+ 2x $100 Hyatt GCs; 1 from 2020, 1 from 2021

+ 8 TSUs; 4 from 2020, 4 from 2021

+ Hyatt Globalist through Feb 28, 2023.

... and the way things are going, I will be delighted if I get one measly good use out of my status by Feb 2023 !
Kalboz likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Can someone tell me if my points posted correctly? I used my Chase Hyatt Visa to pay for my stay. I am currently an Explorist and I thought I would be getting something closer to 30% back in points?

Qualifying night: 1
Spend: $127.35
Base points: 637
Explorist bonus: 127
Global promo 2020: 1,274
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can someone tell me if my points posted correctly? I used my Chase Hyatt Visa to pay for my stay. I am currently an Explorist and I thought I would be getting something closer to 30% back in points?

Qualifying night: 1
Spend: $127.35
Base points: 637
Explorist bonus: 127
Global promo 2020: 1,274
Judging by the Eligible Spend I would say yes it was counted accurately, along with the Explorist Bonus.

To earn the 4x Rather than 3x it would have to be at a “Resort Property” of which Hyatt classified only 373 Properties among its current 21 Brands, Hyatt House and Hyatt Place stays (even a lot of HR and HC properties) definitely don’t count.

The list of properties you’d earn the 4x at is here:

https://www.hyatt.com/promo/hyatt-re...rd_landingpage

You do still earn the 4x back from the WOH Credit Card that’ll very credited next month.

With everything factored (including the points earned by your WOH CC) you’re at a total of about $38.21 back if you value points conservatively at 1.5 cents per point, if you value them more then you’re getting more back.

Which actually is 30% back, hope that makes sense and don’t forget you also earned 2 Elite Night Credits too!
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Judging by the Eligible Spend I would say yes it was counted accurately, along with the Explorist Bonus.

To earn the 4x Rather than 3x it would have to be at a “Resort Property” of which Hyatt classified only 373 Properties among its current 21 Brands, Hyatt House and Hyatt Place stays (even a lot of HR and HC properties) definitely don’t count.

The list of properties you’d earn the 4x at is here:

https://www.hyatt.com/promo/hyatt-re...rd_landingpage

You do still earn the 4x back from the WOH Credit Card that’ll very credited next month.

With everything factored (including the points earned by your WOH CC) you’re at a total of about $38.21 back if you value points conservatively at 1.5 cents per point, if you value them more then you’re getting more back.

Which actually is 30% back, hope that makes sense and don’t forget you also earned 2 Elite Night Credits too!
Thx Matt. How does Hyatt calculate the global promo bonus?

​​​​

I'm curious if my Chase statement will break things down on how many bonus points I earn in addition to the points I earn from spending.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thx Matt. How does Hyatt calculate the global promo bonus?

​​​​

I'm curious if my Chase statement will break things down on how many bonus points I earn in addition to the points I earn from spending.
The 3x should be 3x total. So you’re already earning 5 Base Points per dollar spent, with the promo at non-resorts (the 373 properties allocated as 4x) you will be earning a total of 15 Base Points per dollar. So when you’re looking at it the Q3/Q4 Bonus portion should show exactly double what’s showing in the first box.

5 Base Points Earned Normally plus 10 More Earned through the promo, or 5 x 3 = 15. If that makes sense, then you should receive just 1 point for every dollar spent as an Explorist as 20% of 5 (being the 5 Base Points earned per dollar spent) = 1.

The WOH card is great because you also earn on taxes/fees paid as well.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
How does Hyatt calculate the global promo bonus?
Base Points = Qualifying Spend x 5
For current Bonus Journeys promo at non-resort properties, "3x points" means promo points = Base Points x 2
For current Bonus Journeys promo at resort properties), "4x points" means promo points = Base Points x 3
Discoverist/Explorist/Globalist bonus points = Base Points x 10%/20%/30%, respectively (note: this calculation does NOT include the promo points above)
​​​​
Page 1 of your Chase WOH card monthly statement will show that you earn 4x points on all Hyatt purchases. This is separate from (and in addition to) any Base Points and promo points earned above.

Pulling everything together, here's an example of a 1-night stay for a Globalist using $100 qualifying spend at a non-resort.

Qualifying Spend: $100
Base Points = $100 x 5 = 500
Bonus Journeys non-resort promo points = 500 x 2 = 1,000
Globalist 30% Bonus = 500 x 30% = 150
Points shown on Hyatt account activity summary = 1,650
Total Hyatt purchase on Chase WOH card: $120 (after 20% taxes/fees)
Bonus Points earned from Chase: $120 x 4 = 480
Total points earned from Hyatt and Chase: 1,650 + 480 = 2,130
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by lamont2718; Oct 16, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Cotton Candy Lobster
Looks like this offer has been updated, and some of the qualifying hotels now have a promotional period ending Jan 31. So if you're planning a rollover mattress run and any of these properties are convenient:

You can stack up points very nicely.
And the Merced property isn't accepting reservations until Feb 4. So much for the promotion through Jan 31.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
And the Merced property isn't accepting reservations until Feb 4. So much for the promotion through Jan 31.
I just posted the list, didn't look into each property to see if redemption was possible. It's likely they'll extend the offer for places like that, just like they did with other locations that have seen delays.

A couple data points not directly associated with this particular promotion but relevant for those looking to maximize their returns this period:

1. Just hit Explorist status, and the new status was extended to 2022, same as Discoverist was previously. This might have already been known, but I wasn't totally sure at the time since the T&Cs only talked about extensions to status earned as of March 2020. So those pursuing Globalist this year (as I am) will get it through 2022 if successful. I know that for certain now, so hopefully that will help anyone who also wasn't before.

2. My stay was at a new property that qualifies for the bonus points promotion, and I can confirm the 500 points is per night, not per reservation. Again, this might have already been known but now I have definitive proof and will be adjusting future bookings accordingly.
poptarts likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Cotton Candy Lobster
Just hit Explorist status, and the new status was extended to 2022, same as Discoverist was previously. This might have already been known, but I wasn't totally sure at the time since the T&Cs only talked about extensions to status earned as of March 2020. So those pursuing Globalist this year (as I am) will get it through 2022 if successful. I know that for certain now, so hopefully that will help anyone who also wasn't before.
Do you mean it is good through February 2022? That would make sense. You earn it now (in 2020), it will be good through February 2022. That's how status always works with Hyatt -- nothing to do with extension of benefits.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.