Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
hyatt is probably losing more money on empty rooms and people who MS their way to globalist than gray area mattress runs tbh.
Hyatt actually makes much more than $900 off people MS’ing to Globalist. Also, that money would go directly to Hyatt while money from mattress runs goes almost exclusively to franchisees, which also makes a huge difference.

If Hyatt wanted to sell Globalist for a set price they would. MS is an extremely dehumanizing and depressing process which a very very small number of people use to attain Globalist status. But is accepted by Hyatt and Chase because very few people do it, and they actually make at least $2,000-$3,000 in the process if not more. I MS’d in 2019 to obtain Globalist, to me it was worth it to do once and keep status through stays. I honestly wouldn’t do it again it impacted my mental, physical and emotional state irreparably. It took several months to do going back and forth cycling the limit etc. it’s very hard to do and not to be taken lightly. Which is again why Hyatt allows that Avenue.

When asked if checking in and not actually staying they said that isn’t in line with their terms and could lead to termination. That’s their response.

Again the more negative responses I get the more drawn out this becomes.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:32 pm

Waiting for promo link not copy of T&C.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by melindatyo
Waiting for promo link not copy of T&C.
I was going to say...so many pages of posts with incessant bickering yet nothing official from Hyatt at all. At this point - isn't this just a rumor (unsubstantiated)? Is there a guarantee that Hyatt rolls this out tomorrow and exactly as mentioned in OMATT?

Still waiting to see a link!
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by porphyra
I was going to say...so many pages of posts with incessant bickering yet nothing official from Hyatt at all. At this point - isn't this just a rumor (unsubstantiated)? Is there a guarantee that Hyatt rolls this out tomorrow and exactly as mentioned in OMATT?

Still waiting to see a link!
We have confirmation of the broad strokes of the promotion as of a few hours ago. September monthly summary email included this:

No details from clicking, though. Just takes you to the homepage.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: Globallist
entertaining in here.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Originally Posted by cotton candy lobster
we have confirmation of the broad strokes of the promotion as of a few hours ago. September monthly summary email included this:

no details from clicking, though. Just takes you to the homepage.
hallelujah...a post actually on topic!!!
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Waiting to register. I booked a reservation for tomorrow night to check out a new hotel in the area.
But will cancel if I can't register.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 6:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Looking for a registration page on this, as it is Oct. 1st in Asia and I have a stay today. Anyone have a link to the page yet?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
........I honestly wouldn’t do it again it impacted my mental, physical and emotional state irreparably.
Well folks, we finally have a good explanation. I actually feel much better after reading the above as it all begins to make sense now. Though I am still quite curious who is less eager to see a message/post with the name Matt4200 on top of it:
A) FTers
B) Amy Weinberg's Office
Old Oct 1, 2020, 5:08 am

Have a stay today as well. Assuming I should avoid online check in until after registering for the promo?

This page has not been updated: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...urneys-US.html
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Zwiebelbauer
Have a stay today as well. Assuming I should avoid online check in until after registering for the promo?

This page has not been updated: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...urneys-US.html
just spoke with a rep because i have a stay today, as well. She was able to manually register me for the promotion and mentioned this should go live around 9am central.

she also mentioned that the tier nights are only eligible for butt in bed stays. Thus, spending $5,000 on your WOH card will NOT net you two tier nights for 2021.
24.05.2004 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Daftryan
she also mentioned that the tier nights are only eligible for butt in bed stays. Thus, spending $5,000 on your WOH card will NOT net you two tier nights for 2021.
This was a pretty safe assumption but it's nice to get confirmation nonetheless.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Zwiebelbauer

Generally doesn’t matter as long as you check out after registering. Because, you can start a stay before October 1 and get the 3x points as long as you check out on October 1 or later. That’s how all their promos work.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Registration is up: https://onemileatatime.com/world-of-hyatt-promotion/
SPN Lifer and lamont2718 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 8:17 am

confusing

"23. How will my nights count if I check in during 2020 and check out in 2021?

For every Tier-Qualifying Night on stays completed during the Promotion Period you will earn one bonus Tier-Qualifying Night toward elite status in the year in which it was earned and one bonus Tier-Qualifying Night toward elite status in 2021. "

The terms read different from what many have been saying about how the promo allocates the tier-qualifying night. For example, if I stay from Dec 29th 2020 to Jan 1st 2021(3 nights), will 1) all the three "base" night credit be allocated towards 2020, since the night Dec 31st before checkout is still of 2020, or 2) two towards 2020, one towards 2021, since Jan 1st is of 2021, or 3) all three towards 2021, since checkout date is in 2021?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.