Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
When will my double nights post?

It depends.

From the promotion FAQ :

17. When will the bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits appear in my account?

Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits will be awarded to members at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Please allow two to three weeks after the Promotion Period ends to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
In reality bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights have been posting earlier (and more regularly) than this. They have been posting in batches, so the nights will be credited independently from your stay credits and will show up in your account activity as "Bonus Journeys Bonus Night" once they do post.

For stays completed in 2020 and in the first days of 2021, the bonus nights posted on 1/7/21. There was another Bonus Night posting batch on 1/20/21 and 1/22/21. Some blogs reported earlier this year that posting would be done in batches every two weeks - and this (roughly) lines up with what we've seen so far.

Reported batch dates:
01/07/2021
01/20/2021
01/21/2021
02/04/2021
02/18/2021
03/04/2021
03/25/2021

If you haven't yet received your bonus nights then there's not much that Hyatt will do to "fix" this for you since the official line is that the bonuses won't post until 2-3 weeks after the promotion end date (i.e. 2/28/21).

Print Wikipost

2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 1:39 pm

I am to pull the trigger doing a mattress run for this promotion. Eventually got the opportunity to completely shift from marriott.
Tried to contact the local hp to quote a 30-40 night, but only get a $5 off from the system price. The total cost is $2100ish, which is still profitable to me.
The only concern is....

Can I really travel in 2021&2022? How long will covid-19 .... get away? Or at least most countries not requiring a quarantine?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
The closest Hyatt is an airport Regency which is 3.4 miles from my house (a 10-minute drive) with free parking (!!!) and thus I don't mind the daily drive to make a showing and use their resources and provide job security to their housekeeping staff! This property used to be a Radisson and a Sheraton before that
Room Type: 2 DOUBLE BEDS

Room Description:
2 Double Beds:364 sqf:Exterior Balcony: WIFI Contemporary design:Easy Chair:65in Smart TV

Nightly Rate per Room: December 7 - January 3 - 79.50 US DOLLARS

Type of Rate: POINTS + CASH

Rate Information: WORLD OF HYATT POINTS PLUS CASH AWARD - Standard guarantee/cancel policy applies. Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit.

Additional Tax, Fees and Service Charges:

OCCUPANCY TAX: 10.000%
TOURISM TAX: 3.000%
CA TOURISM FEE: 0.200%
A note from Hyatt Regency THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING HYATT. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS. DUE TO ENHANCED FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE PROTOCOLS FOR RESTAURANTS AND ROOM SERVICE AS A RESULT OF COVID-19, FOOD AND BEVERAGE AT HYATT HOTELS MAY DIFFER FROM PREVIOUS FOOD AND BEVERAGE OFFERINGS.
My first choice Hyatt property is a tad further (9-13 miles depending on the route) with $10 daily parking fee. The GM there turned me down when I requested just to checkin and ckeckout (phantom stay)!
Mr. Kalboz,

Thank you for reaching out and thinking of us when you saw the news coverage. Unfortunately members must actively stay at the hotel to earn points and tier-qualifying night credit.

I understand your desire to maintain your World of Hyatt status. World of Hyatt did extend tier status for elite members. I’ve included a link to this information below. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, you will not have to re-qualify for your status. This means that whatever your status was as of March 31, 2020 will automatically be updated to reflect a February 28, 2022 expiration date. https://www.hyatt.com/info/coronavirus-statement

I appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt Regency ..... and look forward to welcoming you back soon. When you are ready to travel know that we are here and ready to provide your family with a safe and comfortable stay.

My best,
Troopers likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:10 pm

Regency near by was $53 per night due to a stay 3 pay 2 promo. It looks like that promo is no longer active. Are these generally on and off?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by DomesticTravel
Regency near by was $53 per night due to a stay 3 pay 2 promo. It looks like that promo is no longer active. Are these generally on and off?

they come and go, , but you'll only get 2 credits and last time I booked, wasn't able to stack, back to back reses.
Free night, no credit on 3rd night.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kalboz
The closest Hyatt is an airport Regency which is 3.4 miles from my house (a 10-minute drive) with free parking (!!!) and thus I don't mind the daily drive to make a showing and use their resources and provide job security to their housekeeping staff! This property used to be a Radisson and a Sheraton before that

My first choice Hyatt property is a tad further (9-13 miles depending on the route) with $10 daily parking fee. The GM there turned me down when I requested just to checkin and ckeckout (phantom stay)!
I reached out directly to Amy Weinberg’s Office (the SVP who completely oversees every aspect of WOH). This was their response -

“Good Evening Matt, Thank you for contacting Hyatt Hotels regarding our guest loyalty program, World of Hyatt. I am reaching out to you today, on behalf of Amy Weinberg.

In terms of your question, If a person books a stay for a month but only checks in then departs from the property only returning once or twice in that month for the sole purpose of earning Elite Nights and Bonus Points is that allowed by World of Hyatt? If not, what specific terms and condition forbids it?"

Here is a small break down of the terms and condition which would be applicable to answer your question.

Member must be a Registered Guest at a Point Property. To earn points in connection with a stay, Member must be a registered guest staying at a participating Park Hyatt, Miraval, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Andaz, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Thompson Hotels, Alila (some locations only), Joie de Vivre (some locations only), Destination (both participating Destination Hotels and participating Destination Residences locations, but only once the applicable location begins participating in the program), Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, or Hyatt Residence Club property ("Point Properties") and pay an Eligible Rate (defined below). Charges for stays prior to a Member's enrollment in the program, or prior to any hotel or resort becoming a Point Property for purposes of these Terms, are not eligible for earning points, benefits, or elite status in the program or points, miles, or credits in any partner program. In the event that a property ceases to operate as a Point Property, points will not be awarded for nights stayed at that property following such cessation, and points may not be redeemed for awards at such property after the termination date, even if the applicable reservation was made prior to the termination date.

The Member must actually check-in and complete the stay for his or her reservation at a Point Property to earn points. No points will be awarded for any non-refundable prepaid fees, cancellation fees, or no-show fees paid by a Member for a reservation that (s)he did not actually use.

Also - those operating against the intent of the program Terms will have their account reviewed and could be closed. Having a stay noted as such below would be against the intent of the program:

Causes of Membership Termination. Hyatt may immediately, without notice, limit or terminate your membership if you: violate these Terms or any other applicable additional terms or appear to be utilizing the program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms or the intent of the program.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Warmest Regards,

XXXX XXXX
Guest Care Director
Hyatt Global Contact Center
E: [email protected]
Old Sep 29, 2020, 6:07 pm

*edit* found the ignore list so this post is no longer useful. Honestly, how about the mods just delete all the posts here that aren't directly about the upcoming promo?

Last edited by antonius66; Sep 29, 2020 at 6:32 pm
Old Sep 29, 2020, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
We desperately need a function to block people so we don't have to see their posts at all. Many forums have an ignore function that does exactly that. This is the first time I've wished i could do that here. Absolutely unreal.
There’s no disputing or going back and forth. I’m not policing anyone’s decision, all I’m saying is if you are doing it be smart about it and swipe in so you’re not ruining it for everyone else. For those that don’t wish to be smart about it I posted Hyatt’s official response, which can lead to account termination regardless of status.

You and others could easily comment, thanks for the info then move forward, and I’d be happy to move on. But if you’re talking negatively about me or disagreeing with well known terms and policies I’m going to post back with the most accurate information. I feel that’s very fair. I know and accept people are going to do it, but better to do it in a way that doesn’t screw it up for everyone.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
There’s no disputing or going back and forth. I’m not policing anyone’s decision, all I’m saying is if you are doing it be smart about it and swipe in so you’re not ruining it for everyone else. For those that don’t wish to be smart about it I posted Hyatt’s official response, which can lead to account termination regardless of status.

You and others could easily comment, thanks for the info then move forward, and I’d be happy to move on. But if you’re talking negatively about me or disagreeing with well known terms and policies I’m going to post back with the most accurate information. I feel that’s very fair. I know and accept people are going to do it, but better to do it in a way that doesn’t screw it up for everyone.
Calm down buddy. You're pretty much wrong about everything you posted in this thread. Lucky you didn't make that bet about rollover nights ending 12/31 else you would have lost a fortune. People should just ignore whatever lies you are spouting since they are both toxic and harmful.

Nobody has ever got their account terminated because of mattress run. In today environment where hotel capacity is in the 30%, any hotel would gladly take your money for an extended stay with no house keeping. Who is getting hurt by mattress run? You're the one that is ruining it for everyone by kicking this up to corporate. Maybe it's time for your to sit down and let the adults discuss.
Maui4me1 likes this.

Last edited by AndyKehn; Sep 29, 2020 at 6:47 pm
Old Sep 29, 2020, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
they come and go, , but you'll only get 2 credits and last time I booked, wasn't able to stack, back to back reses.
Free night, no credit on 3rd night.
I did not think about that. Thank you for letting me know before I started a mattress run haha
Old Sep 29, 2020, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Calm down buddy. You're pretty much wrong about everything you posted in this thread. Lucky you didn't make that bet about rollover nights ending 12/31 else you would have lost a fortune. People should just ignore whatever lies you are spouting since they are both toxic and harmful.

Nobody has ever got their account terminated because of mattress run. In today environment where hotel capacity is in the 30%, any hotel would gladly take your money for an extended stay with no house keeping. Who is getting hurt by mattress run? You're the one that is ruining it for everyone by kicking this up to corporate. Maybe it's time for your to sit down and let the adults discuss.
+1
Aventine likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn

So you’re saying there is something wrong with it? Otherwise there wouldn’t be an issue asking corporate.

Also, do you have all of Hyatt’s data showing what accounts have been terminated and why? No. So it’s very possible there have been accounts terminated for doing things like this.

Why’s it an issue for Hyatt? Well let’s see you’re getting -

2 Elite Night Credits
Triple/Quadruple Bonus Points

All for $50ish without actually staying.

Meaning you’re paying about $15 per Elite Night after everything.

If Hyatt sold Elite Nights for $15 each Globalist and all the benefits thereof would only cost someone $900. Hyatt is a massive loser in that scenario. Which is why it’s benefit them to safeguard against people checking in but never actually staying.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Seriously Matt, suggest you seek help to overcome your preoccupation with all things Hyatt.
AndyKehn likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Suggest not going off topic in this thread if not occupying a room is fraudulent or not. Topic has been covered multiple times already. .. e.g. here

WOH Terms Question - Is THIS a violation?
You've, perhaps unintentionally, brought up something very funny that I have to point out.

A selection of the OP of the thread you linked:

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Here's the scenario:
I have an employee visiting me in my home town for an extended period. I'm paying the bill. I'd like to book a room in MY name, and list him as the 2nd guest (so his name is on the reservation). I can show up and check in and will be onsite a bit. I don't plan on staying there overnight but might meet him for breakfast, etc.
The goal here is for me to maximize my points, get qualifying nights, etc. It's looking like it could be a total of 20 nights over the next few months so the advantages are pretty huge for me.
And here is the same user responding to a similar scenario when he doesn't benefit personally from it:

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Sorry but this sounds like fraud to me and reason to be permanently banned from WOH. Basically you want people to pretend they are you so you can collect nights (and monetarily valuable perks to be used later) at low cost without actually staying at the hotel. Count me out.
drewp123 and 59Impala like this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
So you’re saying there is something wrong with it? Otherwise there wouldn’t be an issue asking corporate.

Also, do you have all of Hyatt’s data showing what accounts have been terminated and why? No. So it’s very possible there have been accounts terminated for doing things like this.

Why’s it an issue for Hyatt? Well let’s see you’re getting -

2 Elite Night Credits
Triple/Quadruple Bonus Points

All for $50ish without actually staying.

Meaning you’re paying about $15 per Elite Night after everything.

If Hyatt sold Elite Nights for $15 each Globalist and all the benefits thereof would only cost someone $900. Hyatt is a massive loser in that scenario. Which is why it’s benefit them to safeguard against people checking in but never actually staying.
hyatt is probably losing more money on empty rooms and people who MS their way to globalist than gray area mattress runs tbh.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
Seriously Matt, suggest you seek help to overcome your preoccupation with all things Hyatt.
Just fuels the fire. Hyatt = Life

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.