FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2023618-hyatt-place-kyoto-review-master-thread.html)

demue Aug 7, 2023 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 35479082)
I thought I read somewhere that HPs outside of North America don't have to offer free breakfast?

Yes, we discussed this topic when talking about the HP Frankfurt Airport which also doesn't offer breakfast for free, but rather at a charge (unless Globalist). Apparently, it is not a hard rule outside of US even though it is one of the key benefits advertised :rolleyes:

UsernameChuck Aug 24, 2023 12:50 pm

They say it pretty clearly here: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...zk/news-events

We stayed there, the breakfast was the best thing about the hotel... i had made a speculative booking of one more night, in case Typhoon Lin delayed our departure, I also noticed the change in the confirmation email (of course I canceled that booking, so it didn't affect us).

Fwiw wish I had checked the thread before going - so true about the dryer! It's a cool concept, the combined washer / dryer. Seems like it would be convenient to not have to move from one machine to another... but only if it actually dries. We ended up with my kids' socks and underwear all over the room for a day, while they dried.

Brattflyer Sep 10, 2023 3:09 pm

Just confirmed with Hyatt Concierge number, that Globalists do not have to pay for Breakfast at Hyatt Place Kyoto.

antonius66 Sep 10, 2023 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Brattflyer (Post 35568768)
Just confirmed with Hyatt Concierge number, that Globalists do not have to pay for Breakfast at Hyatt Place Kyoto.

This was never at issue. The discussion was about them charging for it when HP is supposed to offer it as a brand standard...but it is of course the de rigueur version of a brand standard...standard*... unless it isn't.

suite2suite Sep 11, 2023 11:44 am

Otherwise how much do they charge for the Breakfast (in Yen).. Thanks

travelbugging Sep 11, 2023 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by suite2suite (Post 35571048)
Otherwise how much do they charge for the Breakfast (in Yen).. Thanks

2600 yen

demue Sep 11, 2023 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by travelbugging (Post 35571938)
2600 yen

Not terrible, but depending what one likes and how much one eats there are certainly cheaper options outside.

citrusjam Sep 14, 2023 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by UsernameChuck (Post 35525066)
They say it pretty clearly here: (removed url bc under 5 posts)

We stayed there, the breakfast was the best thing about the hotel... i had made a speculative booking of one more night, in case Typhoon Lin delayed our departure, I also noticed the change in the confirmation email (of course I canceled that booking, so it didn't affect us).

Fwiw wish I had checked the thread before going - so true about the dryer! It's a cool concept, the combined washer / dryer. Seems like it would be convenient to not have to move from one machine to another... but only if it actually dries. We ended up with my kids' socks and underwear all over the room for a day, while they dried.

According to this link, if I booked before August 1, will I still be honored free breakfast?

travelbugging Sep 14, 2023 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by citrusjam (Post 35580500)
According to this link, if I booked before August 1, will I still be honored free breakfast?

yes. Japanese people are stickler for rules and if they have it in black and white, they will most definitely honor it

fangtl Sep 16, 2023 7:37 am

Do you know if it's for all parties in the room? The benefit seems pretty fluid.

ElevatorEnthusiast Nov 28, 2023 3:42 am

Staying here for 7 nights in my quest to remain Globalist - first impressions are generally positive - while the 2 Twin with Bathtub room I booked is small, the large window facing the front facade makes it feel airy. Bed covers are plush and shower pressure is strong. A bit curious about what will be included in breakfast and if I will go crazy staying in one place for 7 nights - egads!

CoffeeTraveler Nov 29, 2023 7:32 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast (Post 35777683)
Staying here for 7 nights in my quest to remain Globalist - first impressions are generally positive - while the 2 Twin with Bathtub room I booked is small, the large window facing the front facade makes it feel airy. Bed covers are plush and shower pressure is strong. A bit curious about what will be included in breakfast and if I will go crazy staying in one place for 7 nights - egads!

I’m guess the property is still standing firm on now Globalist upgrades (as is allowed by programs T&Cs). Also curious how breakfast is. Considering this property for my next visit to Kyoto, though 7 days in one place would also be a bit long for me. Good luck! It did seem like a nice home base for some of the restaurants on that side of the Kamo River versus the HR and PH properties.

ElevatorEnthusiast Nov 29, 2023 10:23 am

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler (Post 35780906)
I’m guess the property is still standing firm on now Globalist upgrades (as is allowed by programs T&Cs). Also curious how breakfast is. Considering this property for my next visit to Kyoto, though 7 days in one place would also be a bit long for me. Good luck! It did seem like a nice home base for some of the restaurants on that side of the Kamo River versus the HR and PH properties.

There were no other room types available online for the dates I booked, so I didn't expect an upgrade. I did see a print-out with the T&Cs that say Hyatt Place is exempt at the check-in desk, so that says something. Breakfast is...meh - very wet eggs (more like egg soup), but the croissants are decent and the coffee machine makes mochas. I might walk to McDonald's for a McMuffin going forward.

CoffeeTraveler Nov 29, 2023 11:52 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast (Post 35781350)
There were no other room types available online for the dates I booked, so I didn't expect an upgrade. I did see a print-out with the T&Cs that say Hyatt Place is exempt at the check-in desk, so that says something. Breakfast is...meh - very wet eggs (more like egg soup), but the croissants are decent and the coffee machine makes mochas. I might walk to McDonald's for a McMuffin going forward.

Thanks for the report on breakfast. Sounds like it will be worth the extra points to stay at the HR Kyoto unless we decide to stay on that side of the river for other attractions.

ElevatorEnthusiast Nov 29, 2023 4:25 pm

To give the Hyatt Place some credit, this morning, they swapped yesterday’s bad-looking fries with some really tasty hashbrown sticks. The eggs were also slightly less soupy.