Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

La Zambra Costa del Sol, Spain (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Zambra Costa del Sol, Spain (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:46 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
please can you all stop letting the cat out of the bag that this is basically a six senses that is incorrectly branded? I would like to continue staying here at 1/4 of the price of six senses ibiza - thanks
😂😋
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:03 am

Programs: SK Gold
Please can you all stop letting the cat out of the bag that this is basically a Six Senses that is incorrectly branded? I would like to continue staying here at 1/4 of the price of Six Senses Ibiza - Thanks
You are probably going to hate me for this, but since it's the last day where it is possible to do this.........La Zambra can also be booked on the Mr and Mrs Smith platform. They have a 4th night free rate that includes breakfast and is cheaper than any rates on the Hyatt website. Sample dates: Apr 9-13. MrandMrs: 954 EUR cancel until 2 days before, Hyatt: 1198 prepaid and non refundable. The way to get 3 nights Hyatt credit with the MrandMrs booking is to buy gift cards here https://mrmrssmith.redeam.com. Today is the last day of this promotion.
Old May 4, 2024, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Heading here next week with the family, any dining recs in the area?
pre booked into a Signature suite, any certain area we should request to be in?
Old May 4, 2024, 8:23 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ML702
The signature suites are all on one side of the building overlooking the pool and the golf course / hills (the best side). Some have two balconies, some have one (albeit these ones I think have a slightly better view). The layout inside is pretty similar - I think I’ve been in almost all of them now.

Was very tempted to book a stay for next weekend but I’m checking out the Hyatt choices in Mallorca instead. Enjoy!
ML702 likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:02 am

Programs: SK Gold
The signature suites are all on one side of the building overlooking the pool and the golf course / hills (the best side). Some have two balconies, some have one (albeit these ones I think have a slightly better view). The layout inside is pretty similar - I think I’ve been in almost all of them now.

Was very tempted to book a stay for next weekend but I’m checking out the Hyatt choices in Mallorca instead. Enjoy!
I am very interested to hear about the Hyatt choices in Mallorca. Please give us some feedback!
Old May 5, 2024, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I am very interested to hear about the Hyatt choices in Mallorca. Please give us some feedback!
Sant Francesc Hotel Singular is really excellent but sadly will be leaving in a couple of weeks as part of SLH (note this is a city hotel in Palma, not a resort, albeit it has a great rooftop pool and bar). I'm trying the sister hotel, Can Ferrereta, at the weekend which is a resort but is also leaving with SLH. I stayed at Can Bordoy a couple of times last summer which has now joined via MMS - it's also good and is stunningly stylish (it's almost like staying inside a design magazine), maybe not quite as high end as Sant Francesc but a pretty decent replacement. I will try Zoetry shortly but I note the reviews are highly mixed. Planning to try Puro Grand Hotel in Palma in the summer which has become bookable through MMS. Not sure any of the others really look up to much.
Travel4Love likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 3:40 am

Sant Francesc Hotel Singular is really excellent but sadly will be leaving in a couple of weeks as part of SLH (note this is a city hotel in Palma, not a resort, albeit it has a great rooftop pool and bar). I'm trying the sister hotel, Can Ferrereta, at the weekend which is a resort but is also leaving with SLH. I stayed at Can Bordoy a couple of times last summer which has now joined via MMS - it's also good and is stunningly stylish (it's almost like staying inside a design magazine), maybe not quite as high end as Sant Francesc but a pretty decent replacement. I will try Zoetry shortly but I note the reviews are highly mixed. Planning to try Puro Grand Hotel in Palma in the summer which has become bookable through MMS. Not sure any of the others really look up to much.
If you like Sant Francesc Hotel Singular and it's still bookable with points now, I think you should go ahead and book it. As with many hotels available via both SLH and MMS, there's a very high chance your reservation will be migrated to MMS and you will get your EQNs.

A hotel that I'd really love to see bookable via Hyatt is Cap Rocat. It's been in SLH portfolio so long without joining WoH, hope that MMS will change that.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
If you like Sant Francesc Hotel Singular and it's still bookable with points now, I think you should go ahead and book it. As with many hotels available via both SLH and MMS, there's a very high chance your reservation will be migrated to MMS and you will get your EQNs.

A hotel that I'd really love to see bookable via Hyatt is Cap Rocat. It's been in SLH portfolio so long without joining WoH, hope that MMS will change that.
None of the Hyatt/SLH hotels appear to be bookable via Hyatt for dates after 15th May.
Old May 5, 2024, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by ML702
Restaurants to go to:
- Breathe Marbella, modern & bold
- Sea Grill Marbella, high class
- El Patio Marbella, romantic
- 11:11 Societé, modern but different
- Casanis Bistrot Marbella, lovely
- Nota Blu, upper class

All tries & recommended ✅
Old Jun 8, 2024, 4:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Gold, National EE
Just finished a really nice stay here. It was my first time, so I can’t compare the service to when it opened, but the service from everyone was truly phenomenal.

As long as you don’t care about ocean views, I’d give this hotel my full recommendation. Despite a conference taking over the hotel during our stay (and being fairly disruptive), the staff still made us feel special.

We let them know it was our anniversary, so they upgraded us to a Junior Suite (garden view), which was fabulous. I’d take it over the golf vide since it was quieter and on a side of the hotel with fewer rooms.

We did two days at the spa, one with a treatment and one without just to enjoy the saunas and pools. We were some of the only folks in the spa at most times, so it was super relaxing.

Breakfast was a bit chaotic with the conference staying, but the quality of most items were good (like a lot of luxury hotel breakfasts, the pastries left a lot to be desired and were just okay/tasted mass produced).

Picador is a great restaurant, and I’d recommend going there at least once during your stay. We also ate at Kamasutra in Fuengirola and Maradentro Restaurante Del Mar nearby, both of which were great and worth the small drive.

The grounds are immaculate. My only nitpick is that the pool closes at 7, and it doesn’t get dark until 9:30ish in the summer, so it seemed a bit silly to close it that early. I’d return again, and definitely plan on it!

River in Sight and surikatina like this.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Do Globalists get complimentary access to use the spa? Also from what i see under room description, signature suites have commentary access to spa, is that right?

Last edited by navatwal; Jun 8, 2024 at 3:44 pm
Old Jun 8, 2024, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by navatwal
Do Globalists get complimentary access to use the spa? Also from what i see under room description, signature suites have commentary access to spa, is that right?
I have zero status, so I’m not sure. We just got lucky that they upgraded us to a junior suite. But all suites, junior and above, get complementary access to the spa (treatments are extra, but the saunas and pools are included). If you book a treatment, those amenities are also included. It seemed that they encouraged folks to make a reservation but were flexible on any two hour timeframe during the day.
Old Jun 9, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have a reservation here and at the GH La Manga, trying to decide which one to keep, we have a 7 year old child with us.
Old Jun 9, 2024, 8:09 pm

I have a reservation here and at the GH La Manga, trying to decide which one to keep, we have a 7 year old child with us.
With kids, I think the GH La Manga is the more suitable place.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
We just left La Zambra and had 2 kids (although not quite as young as 7) and they loved the resort. There were many kids at the hotel and the kids club looked wonderful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.