Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

15-25% point rebate on WOH award stays through (Jan 4) plus free parking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
When will my 15% (/25% for WOH card holders) rebate post?

Rebates usually post every Monday/Tuesday and cover stays where the stay posts (/shows up in your account) by Sunday.

This is a rebate and not a discount - you will have to pay the full points amount up front and then wait for the rebate points to be credited after check out date.

The rebate promotion applies for stays with a checkout date up to and including 2/28/21.

Print Wikipost

15-25% point rebate on WOH award stays through (Jan 4) plus free parking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Wow, that makes a dining+spa redemption tempting for WOH card holders. 48,750 points for $1,000 credit or $.0205/point value. Just need to find a property that isn't severely limited in options during the promotion period.
i am interested in this dining and spa redemption, no idea how to book however I have a few questions which I am hoping somebody can answer:

1. what increments is this available in e.g. $250 $500 etc
2. can this credit be used For anything charged to my room e.g room up sell fee
3. Is this credit valid for a particular stay / property or can a partial credit be carried over to a future Stay?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:10 pm

Does this work for 25% if I have the discontinued Hyatt credit card?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
i am interested in this dining and spa redemption, no idea how to book however I have a few questions which I am hoping somebody can answer:

1. what increments is this available in e.g. $250 $500 etc
2. can this credit be used For anything charged to my room e.g room up sell fee
3. Is this credit valid for a particular stay / property or can a partial credit be carried over to a future Stay?
1. Increments are here: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-spa-more.html
2. No on sell up. Dining and spa only. Limited participation so check with your property.
3. Never tried, but I don't think they let you redeem for an increment above your actual charge. In any event if they did there no residual value to be used on a future stay.

Tradeoff currently is that with the 3x points promotion, a Globalist would receive 16.5x points/dollar on the same spend.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I wrote my concierge asking what happens with this rebate for GOH stays.

She emailed that no one gets the rebate in that case. Rebates only apply when a person books a points stay from his/her own account.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks

She emailed that no one gets the rebate in that case. Rebates only apply when a person books a points stay from his/her own account.
FWIW Globalist Concierge don’t exactly know everything. The last promo that ended in May my Concierge said payment with a Hyatt GC would qualify, though the T&C vaguely said it wouldn’t. “Using a Hyatt Branded Gift Card may not qualify”.

And in that case I didn’t get the bonus points.

Other readers have commented that in the past offers like this it has counted.

My thought in cases like this is to be the DP you want to see in the world Maybe it’ll work maybe it won’t. If it does then you’re happy and can share it with everyone on here. If it doesn’t then it doesn’t, not much else to say.

If no one else reports I have a GOH stay booked for mid-August and I’ll report back.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
FWIW Globalist Concierge don’t exactly know everything. The last promo that ended in May my Concierge said payment with a Hyatt GC would qualify, though the T&C vaguely said it wouldn’t. “Using a Hyatt Branded Gift Card may not qualify”.

And in that case I didn’t get the bonus points.

Other readers have commented that in the past offers like this it has counted.

My thought in cases like this is to be the DP you want to see in the world Maybe it’ll work maybe it won’t. If it does then you’re happy and can share it with everyone on here. If it doesn’t then it doesn’t, not much else to say.

If no one else reports I have a GOH stay booked for mid-August and I’ll report back.
Yea I bet it does work it doesn't say it won't... I have one August 19th and 26th but it'll be kind of late to report then. I'll keep the reservation either way
Old Jul 25, 2020, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Yea I bet it does work it doesn't say it won't... I have one August 19th and 26th but it'll be kind of late to report then. I'll keep the reservation either way
Mine is August 15th so I’ll likely be able to report before yours so you’ll know.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ntoflp
Update and FYI: my 25% rebate of points from a 1-night all-points stay on July 10/11 posted yesterday. 9 days after checkout.
Did it post separately to your "regular" points?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:33 am

Absoluy,
Yes they posted separately. The points I earned for charges to my folio posted to my hyatt account within 24 hours. It was only the 25% rebate of points for for this promotion that posted 9 days later.

for another DP, I had a 2-night stay this past weekend July 25-27. all points earned for charges to my folio posted already. The 25% rebate for the points I used to book the room i do not expect to receive for about a week. - as has been the trend.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:32 pm

Any datapoints yet if GoH bookings qualify for the rebate?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by earthyfool
Any datapoints yet if GoH bookings qualify for the rebate?
See my post 34.

But if you don’t trust what a Hyatt concierge says, I guess give it a try.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:28 pm

See my post 34.

But if you don’t trust what a Hyatt concierge says, I guess give it a try.
I thought based on past promos we all agreed we were still going to do it and post back, which is what OP is referring to in their post.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 8:21 pm

sorry if this is a noob question, but if I book 2 rooms at the same time (1 for myself, 1 for family) and it's not a GOH stay (so family doesn't get elite benefits), does that qualify or is that questionable like GOH stays?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Any data points on how quickly the rebated points are posting to accounts? Historically I thought it was fairly quick on these types of promos (same time as points earned for the stay); however I haven't yet received the rebate points for a stay that completed last weekend when the stay points were credited within 24 hours. I know the terms say it could take 6-8 weeks but was hoping someone may have a more current experience? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Boringbarry
sorry if this is a noob question, but if I book 2 rooms at the same time (1 for myself, 1 for family) and it's not a GOH stay (so family doesn't get elite benefits), does that qualify or is that questionable like GOH stays?
If you wanted to be sure why don't you transfer the points to them and have them book it? Point Transfers usual get completed quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.