Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

15-25% point rebate on WOH award stays through (Jan 4) plus free parking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
When will my 15% (/25% for WOH card holders) rebate post?

Rebates usually post every Monday/Tuesday and cover stays where the stay posts (/shows up in your account) by Sunday.

This is a rebate and not a discount - you will have to pay the full points amount up front and then wait for the rebate points to be credited after check out date.

The rebate promotion applies for stays with a checkout date up to and including 2/28/21.

Print Wikipost

15-25% point rebate on WOH award stays through (Jan 4) plus free parking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM
I believe Hyatt has run these types of promotions (rebate of points on award stays) in the past. Is there any historical data on how quickly the rebate posts after the stay? I believe the terms of the promotion state it can take up to 8 weeks but recognize the rebate often posts much quicker. I have two stays approximately 4 weeks apart and am hoping to use the 25% rebated points on the second stay. Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ATLSFO0515
I believe Hyatt has run these types of promotions (rebate of points on award stays) in the past. Is there any historical data on how quickly the rebate posts after the stay? I believe the terms of the promotion state it can take up to 8 weeks but recognize the rebate often posts much quicker. I have two stays approximately 4 weeks apart and am hoping to use the 25% rebated points on the second stay. Thanks.
In the majority of cases, they post at the same time as the stay credit and earned points.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:47 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
This is a really tempting offer, especially with free parking. The trouble for me is finding a Hyatt property in a locale that I feel comfortable going before the promotion ends.

LAX
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by LAX
This is a really tempting offer, especially with free parking. The trouble for me is finding a Hyatt property in a locale that I feel comfortable going before the promotion ends.
It makes Ventana Big Sur all the more appealing - IF you can find award nights by October 8. It reopens July 15 and it is now all inclusive, whether paid or with points.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
I've gotten points back on GOH stays in previous similar promos. I don't really see anything surprising about that.
If anyone gets a points rebate for a GOH booking during this offer please post a DP whether they’re given to you, your GOH or none at all.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
On the dining certs can you redeem for a $1000 cert, room charge the dining, and then earn points on the spend and pay with the cert?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
In the majority of cases, they post at the same time as the stay credit and earned points.
I'll ask readers to post data points as well. I registered for this promotion Thursday July 9. On Friday July 10 I booked a 1-night stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando using all points for Saturday July 11. Yesterday, the 13th, my stay credit posted, unfortunately my 25% "rebate" of points has not. <sigh>.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ntoflp
I'll ask readers to post data points as well. I registered for this promotion Thursday July 9. On Friday July 10 I booked a 1-night stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando using all points for Saturday July 11. Yesterday, the 13th, my stay credit posted, unfortunately my 25% "rebate" of points has not. <sigh>.
there is a helpful FAQ you may want to read through
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Not a big fan of this trend of global hotel programmes penalising their non-US International members who earn far fewer points as it is.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Not a big fan of this trend of global hotel programmes penalising their non-US International members who earn far fewer points as it is.
On the flip side, if you have the points, then this promotion makes European and Asian luxury hotels real bargains especially if the hotels are open and services and benefits are maintained. I'd jump on the chance for PHV at 22.5K (or 25.5K without WOH Visa) points per night if I can get into EU. Check the threat on Post-COVID breakfast experiences and you'll see a lot of US hotels have minimal breakfast options.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
A reminder to check your bill for parking charges prior to checkout!

At HR Mission Bay, I had to remind them that parking was waived. FDA cheerfully removed it from the bill.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Had a previously booked stay for 7/13-7/16.
no points posted. I thought retro stays counted!
anyone have same experience?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stallion114
Had a previously booked stay for 7/13-7/16.
no points posted. I thought retro stays counted!
anyone have same experience?
It's probably just too soon. Give it a few more days.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:31 pm

My points rebate posted for a stay completed 7/16.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 10:04 am

Update and FYI: my 25% rebate of points from a 1-night all-points stay on July 10/11 posted yesterday. 9 days after checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.