Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Frisco - Dallas - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 7:00 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Hyatt Regency Frisco - Dallas officially opens June 1st, amidst the COVID-19 period.
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/te...o-dallas/dfwro

formerly also announced as Hyatt Regency Stonebriar https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29737442-post872.html

https://planomagazine.com/hyatt-rege...-opens-june-1/
On June 1 Hyatt Regency Frisco-Dallas will be opening its doors to the community. The hotel is attached to Frisco’s Stonebriar Centre, located between Nordstrom and Dillard’s.

“Frisco is a modern city brimming with attractions, and the new Hyatt Regency Frisco will reflect this contemporary mindset,” shared developer Daniel Moon.

The hotel has 16 floors for guests, with 303 rooms, two restaurants, a large lobby bar, a 27,500-square-foot conference center and a 3,000-square-foot satellite Frisco Public Library. Locals might want to consider a staycation just for access to the swimming pool and 24-hour fitness center. The building was designed in a contemporary fashion with plenty of natural light and subtle nods to Frisco and Texas in its decor.
The lobby installation evokes a Texas sunset // photos Jennifer ShertzerThe Hyatt Regency Frisco-Dallas was developed by Sam Moon Group and contracted by Brasfield & Gorrie. HKS, Inc. is responsible for the architecture, and Looney & Associates is responsible for the interior design.

“The interior design acknowledges Frisco’s North Texas heritage while looking ahead to its bright future,” said principal of Looney & Associates, Jim Looney. “Open, fresh, and inviting characterizes our design approach.”
Large windows in each room, including the Presidential Suite shown here, allow views all the way to Downtown Dallas on a clear dayWhile guests enjoy their stay at the hotel, they will also have access to plenty of unique nearby attractions. Just next door to the hotel is the only U.S. location for Kidzania, an experiential and educational model city built for children ages 4-17. Other nearby attractions include iFly Dallas indoor skydiving, IKEA and the National Videogame Museum, as well as Toyota Stadium, Frisco Discovery Center and The Star in Frisco.

“It’s hard to imagine that this bustling city was once a dusty cattle drive trail that was later transformed by the railroad through the North Texas plains, and now it’s a tourist destination renowned for shopping, stadiums, conventions, and entertainment,” said Moon. “Our hotel will celebrate the spirit of this vibrant community.”
Old May 29, 2020, 7:20 am

Property looks gorgeous! Can’t wait to try it (and the very soon opening Thompson in San Antonio, followed by Thompson Dallas, followed by many more full service properties here in TX!)
Old May 29, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Property looks gorgeous! Can’t wait to try it (and the very soon opening Thompson in San Antonio, followed by Thompson Dallas, followed by many more full service properties here in TX!)
Indeed! Texas has probably one of the most robust Hyatt pipelines out there with Thompson coming to Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio plus the new Hyatt Centric Austin.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Indeed! Texas has probably one of the most robust Hyatt pipelines out there with Thompson coming to Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio plus the new Hyatt Centric Austin.
Plus I'm aware of several more beyond that (whispered by managers) and some major renovations (Lost Pines)... also watch for some conversions on the resort side...

Really wish they’d do something on South Padre Island. It’s ripe for a HP or HH.
Old May 29, 2020, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Glad to see the Metroplex get some FS Hyatt love!
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone try this yet?
Old Aug 26, 2020, 12:49 pm

Stayed here this past weekend for a staycation (I live in Dallas). It was lovely. Very few people there, very easy to socially distance even in the pool, and people were respectful of "one family at a time" in the elevators. The main restaurant is not open, but the bar had plenty of options to choose from. There was also a little market. Right next to the mall (connected to the Nordstrom entrance) for plenty of food options. Free parking included in all stays, and it's very nice to have your car so easily accessible at a HR.

Regency lounge is not open yet, but they do have one. Didn't check out the gym, but the pool area was fantastic.

Lovely staff, comfortable rooms with the Hyatt Centric-esque auto lights underneath the bed and in the bathrooms. Keurig pods as opposed to my preferred Nespresso, but dark, good coffee.

I upgraded to a junior corner "suite" (basically a little more spacious than the standard room and including a sofa) for only $30 more and it was great for my 1.5 year old to run around in.

Would definitely stay here again. Great for shopping in the Frisco Stonebriar Mall area, as we did at Ikea.
TravisMT81 and 59Impala like this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Daftryan
Stayed here this past weekend for a staycation (I live in Dallas). It was lovely. Very few people there, very easy to socially distance even in the pool, and people were respectful of "one family at a time" in the elevators. The main restaurant is not open, but the bar had plenty of options to choose from. There was also a little market. Right next to the mall (connected to the Nordstrom entrance) for plenty of food options. Free parking included in all stays, and it's very nice to have your car so easily accessible at a HR.

Regency lounge is not open yet, but they do have one. Didn't check out the gym, but the pool area was fantastic.

Lovely staff, comfortable rooms with the Hyatt Centric-esque auto lights underneath the bed and in the bathrooms. Keurig pods as opposed to my preferred Nespresso, but dark, good coffee.

I upgraded to a junior corner "suite" (basically a little more spacious than the standard room and including a sofa) for only $30 more and it was great for my 1.5 year old to run around in.

Would definitely stay here again. Great for shopping in the Frisco Stonebriar Mall area, as we did at Ikea.
Considering a stay here I have a couple questions.

If you are a Globalist (asking because you mentioned the Club Lounge) what was offered in place of the Lounge? I looked and none of their restaurants open until 12pm.

Hoping there was a Breakfast offering.

You had mentioned you used the pool was there also a spa/jacuzzi? I can’t tell from the pictures and since this is a newer property not too many reviews.

If you have any additional input I’d love to hear it.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Considering a stay here I have a couple questions.

If you are a Globalist (asking because you mentioned the Club Lounge) what was offered in place of the Lounge? I looked and none of their restaurants open until 12pm.

Hoping there was a Breakfast offering.

You had mentioned you used the pool was there also a spa/jacuzzi? I can’t tell from the pictures and since this is a newer property not too many reviews.

If you have any additional input I’d love to hear it.
I'm an Explorist and simply noticed that the club was not an option. They told me it was closed at the front desk, too. Not sure what they give for breakfast in lieu of.

There is no jacuzzi, but it's a lovely pool. I didn't see a spa, either.

Hope this helps.

Honestly, I have a baby and ate in my room for dinner due to Covid both at this HR and at the HH across the street. If I had to choose again, I'd go for the HH all the way. Great value there.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan
I'm an Explorist and simply noticed that the club was not an option. They told me it was closed at the front desk, too. Not sure what they give for breakfast in lieu of.

There is no jacuzzi, but it's a lovely pool. I didn't see a spa, either.

Hope this helps.

Honestly, I have a baby and ate in my room for dinner due to Covid both at this HR and at the HH across the street. If I had to choose again, I'd go for the HH all the way. Great value there.
Interesting -

We’d be staying for our wedding and it appears to be the best Hyatt property in Dallas (aside from Thompson which is 3x the price), especially being new. Definitely wouldn’t want a HH for our wedding stay, though I’d definitely consider it more for just a regular trip to Dallas.

Considering between HR Frisco and HR Richardson with HR Frisco being double the price for our stay dates.

I know you don’t know, but hopefully someone else can chime in as to what they’re offering in place of the lounge. If it’s just the 500 points that’d be very disappointing and would lean us towards HR Richardson.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Interesting -

We’d be staying for our wedding and it appears to be the best Hyatt property in Dallas (aside from Thompson which is 3x the price), especially being new. Definitely wouldn’t want a HH for our wedding stay, though I’d definitely consider it more for just a regular trip to Dallas.

Considering between HR Frisco and HR Richardson with HR Frisco being double the price for our stay dates.

I know you don’t know, but hopefully someone else can chime in as to what they’re offering in place of the lounge. If it’s just the 500 points that’d be very disappointing and would lean us towards HR Richardson.
The phone is your friend - why not just call and ask? Or send one your famous emails....

Anyway - the restaurant has never opened although they serve some bar food at night. It's 500 points for Globs. Also, can confirm no jacuzzi and the pool was too cold to use a few weeks ago (when it was still pretty hot in Dallas). No lounge. While reasonably nice, the pool deck has little to no shade. This is a nice modern Regency (similar to other new Regency's) attached to a suburban mall and surrounded by a giant parking lot - if that's what your looking for then that's what you get.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
The phone is your friend - why not just call and ask? Or send one your famous emails....

Anyway - the restaurant has never opened although they serve some bar food at night. It's 500 points for Globs. Also, can confirm no jacuzzi and the pool was too cold to use a few weeks ago (when it was still pretty hot in Dallas). No lounge. While reasonably nice, the pool deck has little to no shade. This is a nice modern Regency (similar to other new Regency's) attached to a suburban mall and surrounded by a giant parking lot - if that's what your looking for then that's what you get.
No email listed on their Hyatt.com page otherwise it would’ve been easy to send an email asking.

As far as phone the last time I called a Hyatt in Dallas it was a very annoying experience. I called the front desk to ask if the pool is open for guests as in many areas they are closed. Front desk says, let me transfer you to reservations. I call again, same thing. Finally on the 3rd call after being transferred I explain to the Global Contact Center Rep what I’m trying to find out. She is in disbelief that the hotel transferred me to them 3x, she says she’ll call them and find out. This was at HH Addison about 3 weeks ago, long story short the pool and jacuzzi were open for guests. The pool was a little cold but not cold enough to sway us not to use it.

And that’s why I didn’t call by phone because I definitely don’t want another situation like that.

Considering the other poster said they’d choose the HH over HR Frisco, that they have no lounge or breakfast available and it’s double the rates of the nearby HH or HR Richardson I’d guess for the best bang for your buck so to speak I’d think the nearby HR Richardson.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Checked in this afternoon. No lounge, 500 points in lieu <eyeroll>. Looks like the bar is serving small plates and there's a market. Nice and clean and new. As usual had to ask for a Glob upgrade, got a "corner suite" which is just a bigger room and even though it's at the end of the building, there's no actual corner windows, but it's nice enough. Huge bathroom but cold tile floor. WHY YOU DO THIS?!?

I HATE the desk chair, which has no wheels and no adjustments, and it's heavy and hard to move.

It's attached to this huge mall, so plenty of free parking and lots of the usual chain restaurants -- I'm still only doing delivery or outdoor seating.

But TBH I think I'd go back to the HR Richardson next time. Considerably less expensive even with paid parking and closer to my customers in Plano.

Adding that their wifi has that infuriating 24-hour kickoff where things just stop working without warning and it's a fight getting back to that sign-in page. There's even a "24 hours or duration of stay?" option but that doesn't work, obvs.

Last edited by born sleepy; Mar 30, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I stayed here for 4 nights last week. As others have stated, the property is new, which is nice. The bar is open in the evenings and has some food items available. There is no lounge or breakfast benefit. I did receive 500 pts/day in lieu of breakfast, without asking. One can buy coffee/croissant/muffin/cereal from the market. On Saturday, they had an egg station too.

There are plenty of restaurant choices nearby and the hotel is connected to the mall, which is very convenient. Overall, a good stay, if you don't mind the lack of WoH benefits.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Globalist breakfast here, at least during the week, is at the Market which has a chef-staffed omelet station - really tasty.

Bed is very comfortable, shower is great (full door and huge head). Staff is very nice (remembering my name, resolving issues quickly).

The only issue is that their policy is to only upgrade Globalists to the Corner Room, even though the Regency Suite is listed as a standard suite in their rates. The Corner Room is fine for me and is definitely large (the couch is very comfortable), but I am curious why this disconnect exists.
Expat2001 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.