Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dzong & Dragon's Nest by Hyatt, Worldwild, China - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2020, 10:45 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Here's an interesting development coming out of China: designer Bill Bensley is spearheading a new 809 hectare wildlife reserve called Worldwild in Wuchuan, where 95 percent of the land will be devoted to letting endangered and mistreated animals live freely and openly and the remaining five split over three zones representing the continents of Asia, Africa and Australia. The "continents" will be operated by different operators, and Hyatt will operate the two hotels on Asia as Dzong with 734 rooms and the Dragon's Nest with 97 rooms. The Dzong property is inspired by Bhutanese architecture; no info yet on the Dragon's Nest, nor is there any clarity on whether or not the hotels will be actually Hyatt-branded or operate independently under the collection brands.

I'm attaching renderings of the Dzong below. Opening 2022, though this obviously remains to be seen.

khabah

AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:56 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Apparently this was slated to open later this year, but no updates anymore besides this article which mentions this dream as a 'human zoo'?
https://vipboat.es/bensleys-luxury-h...opens-in-2022/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.